• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Yu-No VN

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Hey so I have seen people write great things about the plot and puzzles in this game and I have tried playing it but I can not get past the pervy scenes, they are too long and I lose interest. Can someone who has played it explain some of the great puzzles? The thing I read said they are really different from any other adventure game puzzles.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2011-12-30

PM

The main “puzzle” comes from successfully navigating the labyrinthine timeline. You get a limited amount of magical jewels that allow you to make “jewel-saves”, which function as temporary save slots which you can later reload. You find more of the jewels as you get further into the game, making it somewhat easier. The key difference between a jewel-save and a normal savegame is that you still have the same inventory after loading a jewel-save, allowing you to carry items between timelines and situations that would be otherwise days apart. It’s an exercise in resource management and long-term planning.

There are a few more traditional, short-term puzzles too, such as a game of picross. And quite a lot of tedious pixel-hunting scenes (I recommend holding down the text-skipping left control button for those while clicking around the screen, especially when you’re redoing one due to backtracking).

I enjoyed the story, but it does have it sexism problems (but it’s still better than some other visual novels such as Clannad, in which half of the females act like five-year-olds.)

Oh and for anyone wondering, the full title of the game is YU-NO: The Girl that Chants Love at the Edge of the World. It’s an old Japanese eroge from 1996 and is widely considered to be one of the very best of all time.

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Laukku - 06 September 2016 07:06 AM

The main “puzzle” comes from successfully navigating the labyrinthine timeline. You get a limited amount of magical jewels that allow you to make “jewel-saves”, which function as temporary save slots which you can later reload. You find more of the jewels as you get further into the game, making it somewhat easier. The key difference between a jewel-save and a normal savegame is that you still have the same inventory after loading a jewel-save, allowing you to carry items between timelines and situations that would be otherwise days apart. It’s an exercise in resource management and long-term planning.

Thanks a lot for the detailed description. Sound pretty interesting.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top