• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Hype-O-Meter

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

SO excited for this.  Could be my first week-one AG purchase in ~20 years. Tongue

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

More than a simple it exists, Life is Strange 2 has a release date which is September 27. It is coming very soon.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I think there are a lot of bigger games than Life is Strange 2 that deserve to be on the Hype-O-Meter like
Torn
Veritas
Chicken Police
The Sojourn
3 Minutes to Midnight

Putting LIS2 there would just be a waste of space

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

BitingWit - 03 August 2018 12:30 PM

I think there are a lot of bigger games than Life is Strange 2 that deserve to be on the Hype-O-Meter like
Torn
Veritas
Chicken Police
The Sojourn
3 Minutes to Midnight

I am sure the three million people who bought Life is Strange agree with you.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

walas74 - 03 August 2018 04:05 PM

I am sure the three million people who bought Life is Strange agree with you.

Yeah, in terms of my personal hype level there’s nothing close to LiS2 for me right now. 

It has a much bigger and broader audience than any of the other mentioned games.  Which has a pretty big impact on how much hype it’s generating.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Torn
Veritas
Chicken Police
The Sojourn
3 Minutes to Midnight

To have hype about something, you must hear of it first. I haven’t heard of any of these games you posted.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

SoccerDude - 03 August 2018 07:20 PM

Torn
Veritas
Chicken Police
The Sojourn
3 Minutes to Midnight

To have hype about something, you must hear of it first. I haven’t heard of any of these games you posted.

I find the “upcoming releases” section from the drop-down menu is really good for keeping track of new releases.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Torn
Veritas
Chicken Police
The Sojourn
3 Minutes to Midnight

“deserving” hype and having hype are very different. Because yeah iv never heard of a single one of those titles.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Jackal - 02 August 2018 08:21 PM

Oh it will soon, for sure. Until today, we really haven’t seen or heard anything more about the game than “it exists” (and even today’s teaser shows little more than that). Between gamescom and a couple current adventures launching in August, the HoM will see a bit of turnover this month, and LIS2 will certainly get some prime real estate.

I’d say a playable prelude chapter (captain spirit) is more than “it exists” Wink

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

zane - 03 August 2018 09:12 PM

Torn
Veritas
Chicken Police
The Sojourn
3 Minutes to Midnight

“deserving” hype and having hype are very different. Because yeah iv never heard of a single one of those titles.

To me that means the site needs to work on promoting less popular games (which it does well), not huge franchises that everyone knows about like LiS.

LiS2 is a game that is likely to have paid mainstream advertising, it’s not really something that needs promotion here. Meanwhile there are struggling developers creating great stuff that goes by unnoticed. For example, for all those praising Darkside Detective lately (which I agree is a great game) imagine if it wasn’t mentioned on the sites you frequented and you had never heard of it?

I certainly appreciate that this site goes to the effort of reviewing and bringing to my attention more obscure titles I wouldn’t have known about otherwise. It’s the main reason I keep coming back here.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^well in that case, maybe what we could use is a 2nd meter, along the lines of an underdog or sleeper radar.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Yeah, we try to give full and fair treatment to all games, no matter how small or unheralded, but the Hype-o-Meter really is for the stuff that seems to be generating the most public excitement. (And not just here, but the gaming community at large.)

To be clear on something, though, it’s not really “advertising” that we’re interested in, but games that are doing a good job of widely promoting themselves. Regular updates of trailers and images and dev videos, preview demos, etc. That’s usually why games rise and fall on the list between releases.

BitingWit was clearly being sarcastic by the way, you guys. Wink

zane - 03 August 2018 09:18 PM

I’d say a playable prelude chapter (captain spirit) is more than “it exists” Wink

Well, that was a fun bonus, but it really wasn’t reflective of LIS2. Compare Captain Spirit to yesterday’s teaser. Wink

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Advie - 27 May 2018 09:04 AM

Please, all Scratches lovers, Agustín Cordes fans, and the site owner and admins, dont get me wrong, but what makes Asylum always (almost) attached to the site Hype-O-Meter for the past ..what? 5-6 years?!

Jack is right, Asylum has been off the list way more than it’s been on the list. Which makes sense. In fact, I occasionally found myself wondering “why the heck is Asylum there, we aren’t doing anything!”.

That said, I’m happy to report the hype hasn’t worn down much, even after all these years. We launched our Steam store page earlier this year and wishlists rapidly ramped up:

See that recent huge spike? That happened during the Steam sale and nobody knows why Asylum got so popular. We were being super quiet and yet the game attracted a great deal of attention. The game industry is unpredictable these days and not even the HoM—which has always been very accurate for the adventure genre—can be representative of the greater picture.

But if you want to be a bit more hyped about Asylum, check out the video we posted yesterday Laughing

People seem to be really excited about it. I sincerely wasn’t expecting such a positive reaction! Hype works in mysterious ways.

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Not exactly sure I understand how that video represents a “progress update.”

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

rtrooney - 04 August 2018 08:34 PM

Not exactly sure I understand how that video represents a “progress update.”

Make sure you see the description of the video.

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top