• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Hype-O-Meter

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2016-03-17

PM

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before - I did search and couldn’t find anything immediate.

How does the Hype-O-Meter work?

I’m looking for a list of games that the community is most looking forward to, without starting a new thread. I thought the hype-o-meter would be it, but I don’t see a way of allowing audience up and down votes through it - what am I missing?

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

That it’s maintained by the site owners and is based on their perspective of what the community is excited about. There’s no automated mechanism in place to move games around or introduce new ones.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2016-03-17

PM

ah, ok. Thanks.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Antrax - 23 July 2016 12:20 AM

That it’s maintained by the site owners and is based on their perspective of what the community is excited about. There’s no automated mechanism in place to move games around or introduce new ones.

“site owner!” ..“excited about!” ??  lol
where do you come up with these things, next you will say he has some psychic power that helps him to know what members and guests* are hyped about

there is back doors, traffic, and a specific admin in a position of surveying that hype thru monitoring and manually calculating until he reaches the end of it (the H-o-M list) .

move your cursor up over the word ‘games’ above, a menu will roll (down) on the right you will see the word ‘trending’ this should give you a glimpse of how the other thing the ‘H-o-M’ works, which is on a much bigger scale; context, inputs and statistics ....
guess this ‘might’ gives you the idea of how this hype list being achieved. 

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Please, all Scratches lovers, Agustín Cordes fans, and the site owner and admins, dont get me wrong, but what makes Asylum always (almost) attached to the site Hype-O-Meter for the past ..what? 5-6 years?!

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

You’re absolutely wrong that Asylum is almost always on the HoM. It’s been off the list far more than on in the last several years. So why now? Because they released a bit more promotional material in recent months (like the TV spot trailer), so it slipped back onto the end of our list.

Part of the problem with filling out the Hype-o-Meter sometimes is not that there aren’t some really promising games on the horizon, but most adventure game companies SUCK at promotion. They’re announced, then go silent for ages and then fairly quietly launch under the radar, or at best ramp up a bit of publicity right near release. In between… crickets and tumbleweeds.

So at least Asylum, a game with a passionate fanbase, is actively being shown off again. The same can’t be said for lots of other upcoming titles. I’d love to have Telling Lies, SpaceVenture, State of Mind, Hero-U, The Last Crown, etc., but there just hasn’t been any news about them, so there’s nothing to hype.

But that’s the beauty of the HoM. What’s on it this time, may not be next time, or in a very different place.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, Hero-U has a beta going on and shockingly seems to be approaching a release date (still don’t belive it) but that shouldn’t give it a spot.
imo, projects like Gibbous should be on the Hype-O-Meter instead of kickstarters that have been delayed for a decade (or maybe because it’s my avatar Smile )

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Gibbous was on it recently for quite a while. But then… too much radio silence again. (You listening, Mr. Underhill? Grin)

A lot of developers with Kickstarters are probably doing a pretty good job of communicating with their backers, but they seem to forget there’s a whole wide world of gamers outside of that!

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Guilty as charged! Since the game per se is done we’re scrambling extra hard to get all the VA from actors, edit in, throw it in the game, test the game, finish the cutscenes, so indeed communication has fallen by the wayside a bit. But we’ll be back strong soon, like—- what’s that dude’s name, rising from the waters, tentacled head and everything?

I forget - anyway, you’ll hear a lot from us really soon! Grin

Total Posts: 1260

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

It’s curious that Life is Strange 2 is not in the Hype-O-Meter. Or is it because it is not considered AG?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

walas74 - 02 August 2018 05:57 PM

It’s curious that Life is Strange 2 is not in the Hype-O-Meter. Or is it because it is not considered AG?

No its because most of us played Captain Spirit and realised we are no longer fascinated by watching McCauly Culkin lookalike stroll around with imaginary superhero powers as we were when we were 12.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 1260

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Too bad you lost your inner child. In any case, I am sure that’s not the reason.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Oh it will soon, for sure. Until today, we really haven’t seen or heard anything more about the game than “it exists” (and even today’s teaser shows little more than that). Between gamescom and a couple current adventures launching in August, the HoM will see a bit of turnover this month, and LIS2 will certainly get some prime real estate.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Oh my God, we’ve fallen off it? Hmm, something should be done about this, soon… SOON. Grin

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

How soon? I’m still extremely hyped about Gibbous.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

It’s super heart warming and encouraging for us to know that people are looking forward to what we’ve been tinkering on (for what feels like forever). I’m trying not to say anything too precise because we’re relying on stuff our collaborators PROMISE to be delivered and, well, sometimes those dates tend to prove very, uh, fluid Wink ...But expect an announcement very soon. A matter of days away, that is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top