• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How would you convince a friend to become an Adventurer ?

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2009-04-25

PM

I’ve gotten a few people into adventure gaming.

What I did was: Instead of trying to get them interested in the whole genre, I mention a specific game I think they would enjoy. It’s a lot easier to explain to someone why they would like a particular title based on their own tastes than to try to define a whole style of gameplay, if that makes sense? If they seem interested, I usually give them the game as a gift if it’s not expensive, or burn the demo onto a DVD for them.

After awhile, I ask how they liked it. If they didn’t really get into it, I’ll either suggest some other titles they might like better, or let it go - the genre isn’t for everyone, after all.

If they did like it, though, I start recommending other games for them to try, until they get an idea of the scope of what’s out there and start looking for themselves.

Not everyone is going to get into adventuring, but I’ve found that some will.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The Walking Dead is a great way. Famous comic/tv show and simple, very good game. (They could even play it on an Ipad) - then convince them to play another game from the same company a little more complex - Tales of Monkey island - and after that the original games from the series and there it is - they are hooked forever now.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I spend all my time playing adventure games which means I don’t have any friends to influence Frown

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

I’ve never been successful in getting any of my friends/co-workers/family or anyone else interested in adventure games. It’s not like I have really tried but I’ve definitely shared my passion for them with others and most just are really not interested. Oh well, it’s a little thing that I have just for me (and all of you Tongue)

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

CoyoteAG - 21 February 2013 04:00 PM

I’ve never been successful in getting any of my friends/co-workers/family or anyone else interested in adventure games. It’s not like I have really tried but I’ve definitely shared my passion for them with others and most just are really not interested. Oh well, it’s a little thing that I have just for me (and all of you Tongue)

I tottaly agree!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

CoyoteAG - 21 February 2013 04:00 PM

Me too - I have given up on trying to get others to play AG Cry

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

well, years ago when the genre was in it’s glory I had quite a few friends who enjoyed adventures just as me. even now we sometimes talk about this or that game and what a great fun we had but none of them is interested in playing anymore. I guess I’m a lonely rider too Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top