• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: Scrambled AGs

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 16 July 2016 08:25 AM

The only way this quiz could be better is if you could actually play those jigsaws. Grin

You can. Smile All participants got 50 correct, so this is hardly a spoiler.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Just a heads up that the quiz ends at this time tomorrow, so only 24 hours left…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hmm, Darki just comes in to collect the awards Tongue

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Advie - 17 July 2016 04:09 PM

I’ve heard that Basitch is filthy rich man! So we could expect some very nice rewards this time! Tongue

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

DarkEye - 18 July 2016 09:29 AM
Advie - 17 July 2016 04:09 PM

I’ve heard that Basitch is filthy rich man! So we could expect some very nice rewards this time! Tongue

do NOT let go of your right Darki!!
well, he IS, thats why he changed his name trying to-fool/to-hide from his long acclaimed taxes.

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Well, here are the answers you have been waiting for, or in zobraks case, simply the (one) answer:

01. The Last Express
02. The Rockin’ Dead
03. The Feeble Files
04. Blade Runner
05. Jack the Ripper
06. The Moment of Silence
07. Prisoner of Ice
08. 3 Skulls of the Toltecs
09. Flight of the Amazon Queen
10. The 7th Guest
11. The Whispered World
12. The Day the World Broke
13. The Master of Dimensions
14. Amber: Journeys Beyond
15. Riven: The Sequel to Myst
16. I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
17. The Twilight Zone
18. Martin Mystère: Operation Dorian Gray (a.k.a. Crime Stories)
19. Amazon: Guardians of Eden
20. Sherlock Holmes: The Return of Moriarty
21. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
22. The Blackwell Epiphany
23. Timelapse
24. The Adventures of Willy Beamish
25. The Cat Lady
26. The Pandora Directive
27. Dragonsphere
28. Torin’s Passage
29. Inherit the Earth
30. Noctropolis
31. Syberia
32. Alimardan’s Mischiefs
33. Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
34. Runaway: A Road Adventure
35. Bad Mojo
36. Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work
37. Simon the Sorcerer
38. Rise of the Dragon
39. The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel
40. Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
41. The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery
42. Shivers Two: Harvest of Souls
43. The Black Mirror
44. Police Quest: Open Season
45. Discworld II: Missing Presumed…!?
46. Obsidian
47. Still Life
48. King’s Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
49. Alpha
50. Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Here are the final scores:

49 - zobraks
47 - DarkEye
44 - eddyc
44 - Lady Kestrel
35 - Karlok
31 - chrissie
18 - TimovieMan
17 - Becky
16 - Phlebas
14 - wilco
11 - Advie
05 - Abnaxus

I think I finally succeeded in making a quiz of reasonable difficulty given how well everyone did. All shots were answered and with only one hint needed. For me that’s really good.

My message to zobraks and the other top scorers is:

Bonus points for those who know the game that’s from. Even more bonus points if you actually saw it in-game. Getting to that screen is extremely difficult and annoying…

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I enjoyed this one, D!  Thanks for putting it together.  Congrats to Zobraks for his close-to-perfect score, and to DarkEye and Eddyc for keeping it lively.

Heh.  I just found a similar screenshot here for King’s Quest VI.  I tried putting it together as a jigsaw, but when I thought I was close to finishing, I found I had 4 pieces that didn’t seem to fit anywhere.  It turns out they were from the path leading to the skeleton. Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Way to go zobraks, DarkEye, eddyc and Lady K! Amazing scores.

And thanks to D for a creative quiz.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

That was super fun quiz, D! Thanks! It was a cool change because you didn’t have to browse all over the net to find tiny pieces as usual because those were all full sized screenshots. It was more like “Where the hell I saw that before?” How I failed to recognize those Twilight Zone screens is beyond me.

Congrats to all 40+ scorers and especially to you zobraks for keeping your answers to yourself so long! Cool

I hope you’ll make more quizzes like this one D!

Total Posts: 135

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

great quiz indeed, and finally that cutting tool from windows surves its purpose Smile.

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

DarkEye - 19 July 2016 02:17 AM

That was super fun quiz, D! Thanks! It was a cool change because you didn’t have to browse all over the net to find tiny pieces as usual because those were all full sized screenshots. It was more like “Where the hell I saw that before?”

Yeah, I was trying to find a middle ground between the difficulty of screenshot fragment quizzes and simply posting the entire unaltered screenshot. The scrambling idea makes it “search by image” resistant, while still making recognition much easier.

How I failed to recognize those Twilight Zone screens is beyond me.

I wouldn’t feel bad about not recognizing the first shot. It’s possible that it doesn’t exist on the Internet anywhere as the game is notorious for crashing in DOSBox relatively early in the game, so the screenshots out there all tend to be before then. I had to play the Amiga version to get past that point. The 2nd shot however, is from the beginning, and isn’t that hard to find. You could have found it at thelegacy.de for example. Of course, I don’t bother to search the Internet for my shots when making a quiz, so maybe that first shot is out there somewhere…

I hope you’ll make more quizzes like this one D!

It’s one of the easiest to make quizzes I’ve ever done, so I certainly wouldn’t be against a sequel at some point…

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Oh, and for a fun bit of trivia, the screenshot for #20 is actually a picture of Sherlock Holmes. You shape change in the game in order to do battle with Moriarty who has come back from the dead as a zombie after his death at Reichenbach Falls. You eventually need to find and use the Necronomicon to put him down…

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks D for the interesting & very enjoyable quiz but apart from kicking myself for missing 2 or 3 (& wish I’d guessed) I wouldn’t have done a whole lot better if I’d had more time for this one as although a number of screenshots were familiar I just couldn’t either remember from where or find them Cry .... oh how could I miss that Rockin’ Dead one as I did play it & you would think those little guys would be memorable?

Anyway, congratulations to zobraks for that amazing score & also Dark Eye, eddyc and Lady kestrel for being so close behind!  Thumbs Up

N.B. Is there anywhere you can find screenshots for Alpha & Sherlock Holmes: The Return of Moriarty - I haven’t had time to investigate myself so far?  Smile

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

chrissie - 19 July 2016 01:31 PM

N.B. Is there anywhere you can find screenshots for Alpha & Sherlock Holmes: The Return of Moriarty - I haven’t had time to investigate myself so far?  Smile

Alpha shots can be found on Mobygames.

Sherlock can be found at the official site:

http://www.buka.ru/cgi-bin/show.pl?id=134&type=screenshots

You can find more pics for it though by searching for its Russian title. I would post the Russian title here, but the forum software doesn’t support other languages. It completely choked on Russian, Japanese, Farsi, and Greek when I tried all of them in my answer post above.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top