• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: Scrambled AGs

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Becky - 12 July 2016 10:05 AM

I printed one up, cut up the pieces and am trying to fit them together. It’s surprisingly difficult.

Alternatively, you could use an image editing program and the rectangle selection tool to copy and paste it back together.

I deliberately used rectangles so this would be an option when people got desperate.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

D - 12 July 2016 10:19 AM

If only somebody would make an adventure game that requires learning programming to finish it. I could kill two birds with one stone then…

There are a few!

Lists and Lists is a free text adventure that teaches you Scheme (it’s a language similar to Lisp) - probably this one’s better suited to someone who already knows how to program and wants a taste of a new language, but maybe that’s just me:
http://eblong.com/zarf/if.html#lists

else Heart.Break() is a more recent open world adventure in which you can learn a BASIC-like language, start by programming computers in the game and end up reprogramming the world:
http://elseheartbreak.com/

There have been a number of interesting games based around programming lately - TIS-100 and Human Resource Machine spring to mind - though they’re more puzzle games rather than adventures, and focus on the fiddly lower-level stuff. Human Resource Machine is the more beginner-friendly of the two.

Of course if you turn the problem around and become obsessed with making adventure games rather than playing them, you’ll be a programmer before you know it!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

D - 12 July 2016 10:22 AM

Alternatively, you could use an image editing program and the rectangle selection tool to copy and paste it back together.

Tried that for one. Google still didn’t recognize it. Tongue
Not going to bother with the rest. I like jigsaw puzzles but there’s no need to overdo it, imo. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

O.T
so Basitch you think are man enough to wear such dress, eh?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Phlebas - 12 July 2016 10:51 AM
D - 12 July 2016 10:19 AM

If only somebody would make an adventure game that requires learning programming to finish it. I could kill two birds with one stone then…

There are a few!

Lists and Lists is a free text adventure that teaches you Scheme (it’s a language similar to Lisp) - probably this one’s better suited to someone who already knows how to program and wants a taste of a new language, but maybe that’s just me:
http://eblong.com/zarf/if.html#lists

else Heart.Break() is a more recent open world adventure in which you can learn a BASIC-like language, start by programming computers in the game and end up reprogramming the world:
http://elseheartbreak.com/

There have been a number of interesting games based around programming lately - TIS-100 and Human Resource Machine spring to mind - though they’re more puzzle games rather than adventures, and focus on the fiddly lower-level stuff. Human Resource Machine is the more beginner-friendly of the two.

Of course if you turn the problem around and become obsessed with making adventure games rather than playing them, you’ll be a programmer before you know it!

And Quadrilateral Cowboy just around the corner

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Phlebas - 12 July 2016 10:51 AM

There are a few!

Thanks for the recommendations. I might give else Heart.Break() a try since its available on GOG.com for Linux.

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Advie - 12 July 2016 11:40 AM

O.T
so Basitch you think are man enough to wear such dress, eh?

Not me personally, but that’s Ladybeard, one of the singers in the band LadyBaby.

Check it out:

or

I find the combination of cross-dressing, heavy metal and J-Pop to be utterly hilarious. I don’t smile very often, but those videos certainly do the trick…

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

D - 12 July 2016 10:22 AM
Becky - 12 July 2016 10:05 AM

I printed one up, cut up the pieces and am trying to fit them together. It’s surprisingly difficult.

I deliberately used rectangles so this would be an option when people got desperate.

I’ve got a program that would do that but I think it would probably be just as easy to use Becky’s method which seems fun ...maybe!  Laughing

Total Posts: 5586

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

D - 12 July 2016 12:57 PM

Not me personally, but that’s Ladybeard, one of the singers in the band LadyBaby.

I find the combination of cross-dressing, heavy metal and J-Pop to be utterly hilarious. I don’t smile very often, but those videos certainly do the trick…

You’re right!  What a hoot, and they look like they’re having fun doing it!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 12 July 2016 04:38 PM

You’re right!  What a hoot, and they look like they’re having fun doing it!

THIS!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

On the one hand, their mix works, on the other hand… O_o WTF?

Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

If the remaining 2 pictures aren’t guessed by 2PM UTC Friday, I will post second, easier shots for them then.

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

The competition is getting fierce at the top and eddyc snagged shot #20 and the lead for now, leaving only one left that hasn’t been guessed…

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Here is the 2nd shot for #17:

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The only way this quiz could be better is if you could actually play those jigsaws. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top