• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

State of Mind

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Congrats Martin!, I’ve been playing for a couple of hours, what an experience something that i had never encountered before with adventure gaming, i was clutching to mouse and the keys all the time very intrigued.

talking about telling a story thru adventure gaming, well that is what it supposed to have been made long ago, SoM nailed it, feels a bit like a sequel sometimes or a remake for MoS,  but that is a plus anyway since loved Mos and i love SoM now… wow just WOW!!

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Are there many action elements, Advie?

The reviews and genre-mixing had this one as a bargain bin purchase for me but maybe I need to upgrade it after your initial thoughts!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

dumbeur - 16 August 2018 01:35 PM

Are there many action elements, Advie?

The reviews and genre-mixing had this one as a bargain bin purchase for me but maybe I need to upgrade it after your initial thoughts!

Action? not at all, and tho i played only 1/5 of the game length so far, i have read every review that is out and there no single word about action at SoM.

but aside from SoM, i wanna ask you why are ye bothered of action sequences when you ssem to have enjoyed Observer to the max?

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I still have to go back to Observer because the action sequences terrified me. Tongue I generally avoid them (for this very reason!) unless it’s really highly rated.

I had it in my head that Daedelic had gone the action-adventure route with SoM from early reports and had pretty much dismissed it.  It did confuse me that since release no one had mentioned the action sequences so God knows where I got the idea from.

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Or I may just be putting too much faith in Steam tags again…

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the only thing that bothers me much until now, is the character movement, he always hiding the hotspots, so almost each time i have to adjust his position to be able to interact, even when i move him without panning (using the mouse) i almost cant see anything in front of him, i can’t tell what or how is this problem apparent but i think altho the areas he moves in are huge but the scoop shown while he move is quite small and he might be taking a large portion of it.. strange that they didn’t notice this at all or else they would had fixed it

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Playing it now. I’m holding back my opinion but ... it’s not a disaster.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

I’m enjoying seeing the story unfolding but there isn’t a lot of gameplay… I mean I might as well be watching a movie. There was a big potential for them to put in some investigative work like Blade Runner or Tex Murphy but all you really do is run around and talk to people. Not even an inventory!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top