• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SamandMax

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 9 June

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This is a different one. Cibele is a story of a first love born in a MMORPG. The gameplay is a bit like Her Story in the sense that you control a desktop, the difference being that in Her Story you had the investigation gameplay an in here all you do, besides checking the files and photos in the desktop, is play the MMORPG.
Most of the game takes place in there, the RPG aspect doesn’t have any challenge, you just click on monsters and can’t get killed. While that happens you hear the conversation between you (a 19 year old girl) and the boy. There’s also some messages showing up tha you can answer and that give some insight of girl’s life and friends. Between the chapters you see some FMV sections of the main character Nina doing some stuff.
The game takes about an hour to finish and while it doesn’t have any crazy twists or revelations like Her Story it does feel like a very genuine story, maybe a bit too real even.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 09 June 2016 01:04 PM

it does feel like a very genuine story, maybe a bit too real even.

Why would that be a bad thing???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 10 June 2016 06:09 AM
wilco - 09 June 2016 01:04 PM

it does feel like a very genuine story, maybe a bit too real even.

Why would that be a bad thing???

Because it feels like you are looking at a real person’s private stuff - chats, poems, selfies - so it gets uncomfortable sometimes.
But I’m pretty sure this is a true story so hats off to Nina for putting it out there and trying to create something different.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Worth noting it’s currently (4 days left) available as part of a Humble Bundle with some other good narrative games:

https://www.humblebundle.com/narrative-games-bundle

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 10 June 2016 06:30 AM

Because it feels like you are looking at a real person’s private stuff - chats, poems, selfies - so it gets uncomfortable sometimes.

More than Gone Home in that regard, then?

Phlebas - 10 June 2016 06:34 AM

Worth noting it’s currently (4 days left) available as part of a Humble Bundle with some other good narrative games:

https://www.humblebundle.com/narrative-games-bundle

LOL. It took this post to realize that I own Cibele. Tongue

Bought that bundle for Her Story and ROM, didn’t know what the third game was…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 10 June 2016 07:32 AM
wilco - 10 June 2016 06:30 AM

More than Gone Home in that regard, then?

Kind of like it, when you are checking the sister diaries in that game.
But here the effect feels more weird maybe because of countless stupid selfies or part where are just hearing two teenagers awkwardly chatting on the MMO.
The game does have less gameplay than Gone Home.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I haven’t played Her Story but I’m interested in the game enough to buy it + I really liked the lovely delicate art-work (from other screenshots I’ve looked at also) - when I will get around to playing it is another matter!  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top