• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #17 - Eternal Journey: New Atlantis

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 20 June 2016 08:31 PM
cluelass - 20 June 2016 07:18 PM

BTW, wasn’t it germs that killed the Martians in War of the Worlds?

At least in the Tom Cruise version. Don’t remember what happened in the Gene Barry version. (Almost before my time.) Wink

Germs as well, they didn’t change that. It was the same in H.G. Wells’ book too.

But at least in the Gene Barry version (as well as the book), the aliens just landed and caused havoc. They didn’t come here millenia ago to bury a bunch of war machines to conquer us once we actually pose a threat…  Pan

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I finished the Bonus. It gave me one more chance to search for a paint roller. Lots of false teeth around too. They apparently could use a good dentist on Mars.

I had forgotten what a nice complement the Bonus is to the rest of the game.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I just finished the main game and wished I had bought the CE. I may pick it up during a BigFish super sale. I thought the ending was cool and the queen’s death no more strange than many early 60’s science fiction movies. If the grubs were her eyes and hands she probably was incapable of noticing Amrite.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Like many others, I, too, wish I had played the CE. Watching it on YouTube is hardly as good as playing it yourself. Particularly if the YouTube player seems more interested in his witty repartee than playing the game. On more than a few occasions I found myself yelling at the screen “For heaven’s sake, just play the god damn game instead of telling me why you only eat gluten-free pizza.”

But…I bought the game when it first came out. And I rarely buy CE versions unless they are specifically recommended by someone I trust. And over the course of time I’ve been burned by bad bonus material more often than I have regretted not going for it.

Just the same, I know what the bonus material contains. I wish I had played it. But I don’t think it’s worth buying a different version of a game I already own just to play an extra hour.

I wish BFG had an upgrade policy. I.e. if you already own the SE version of the game, you can upgrade to the CE for, let’s say, $4.50. That being a total of $11.49, or about the average price of a discounted CE.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Here’s one of my favorite scenes from the Bonus chapter—an insider’s view of the Mars landscape.

[/URL]

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Well, as our heroine and her long lost love fly off into the sunset,

we should wish them well in their new home.

I enjoyed the bonus chapter, especially these new views of a familiar object:

Thanks for playing, everyone!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 22 June 2016 09:49 PM

Well, as our heroine and her long lost love fly off into the sunset

And her cat!!!

Great leading Lady! I enjoyed this playthrough a lot!

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

rtrooney - 21 June 2016 09:16 PM

Just the same, I know what the bonus material contains. I wish I had played it. But I don’t think it’s worth buying a different version of a game I already own just to play an extra hour.

I wish BFG had an upgrade policy. I.e. if you already own the SE version of the game, you can upgrade to the CE for, let’s say, $4.50. That being a total of $11.49, or about the average price of a discounted CE.

I think your upgrade idea is a good one. That being said, I bought the CE of Angelica Weaver and of Phantasmat after the fact and didn’t regret it. On the other hand, i bought the Ce of Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town after the SE and did regret it. Oh well…

Thanks for leading, LadyK. Another awesome playthrough.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Thanks LadyK! I enjoyed it immensely.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Thanks, Lady K and fellow adventurers. Well paced and good comments all around.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Many thanks Lady Kestrel for a very enjoyable play through, that I joined in with on the spur of the moment, & everyone that participated with so many interesting comments!  Smile

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sefir - 23 June 2016 10:05 AM

And her cat!!!

Who knows what will evolve on the new planet!  Maybe Marcy’s descendants will end up like Cat in Red DwarfGrin

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone! Heart I had fun doing it and enjoyed the discussion as well.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Add me to the list. Great play through.

I will see everyone in a few months.

A HUGE BTW….I am not in charge of the the Casual Game thread, nor the playthrough thread. If anyone wants to start a Flash casual playthrough, or anything similar. go for it. I will likely join in.

These threads are run by a community. Any member of that community can do what he/she wants to do.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top