• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GirlbrushThreepWoodrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 4 May

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

My first of 2 screenshots I’m presenting in Iznogood’s absence is from Paradise.

Amongst my favourite type of puzzles is the situation of being in a confined location such as this one where the protagonist Ann is hanging from a tree trapped in a cage & having to work out from the limited hotspots available what to do to escape from this seemingly impossible predicament.

The solution did include using on-screen arrows to swing the cage from side-to-side to first of all pick up an inventory item & then use it on the beehive   - I didn’t find it that easy and actually infuriating at the time but I liked the ‘realness’ of the concept if that makes sense.   

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

In the case of “physical” puzzles, the most obvious action is often the one not considered. Only when the “Duh” forehead slap is applied, do we realize that the simple route is the one we should have taken.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I know how that goes! I’m the worlds worst (in real life) at overthinking or over analyzing things just to finally realize/figure out it was far simpler. I blame it on adventure games, lol!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There is a physical puzzle in FPFP where Freddy needs to get onto the schoolhouse roof. Hmmm, no ladder in inventory. I’ll have to go back and retrace my steps, and find one. Several hours later I return to the schoolhouse , frustrated and defeated. Then I notice the swing set next to the schoolhouse. No! It couldn’t be that simple! Just like we did when we were kids….swing until you get a high enough arc, and let go. Of course you will die a few times while you perfect the technique, but that goes with the territory.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 04 May 2016 02:06 PM

Amongst my favourite type of puzzles is the situation of being in a confined location such as this one

There’are some really great puzzles of this sort - I immediately think of Toonstruck “stewpot” puzzle. The Whispered World also had a neat one in the prison (getting out of the prison is a “classic” Grin )

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top