• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Suda51’s The Silver Case

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Henke - 10 August 2016 12:26 AM
nomadsoul - 08 August 2016 07:34 AM

Demo out,

http://store.steampowered.com/app/476650/

Can’t really say that I know what the game is about after playing it.  Tongue

Thats Suda game right there.
But if you can dig Nightcry , you can dig the full rel too.
It a psx game remaster, with great complex plot.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Well i take it back , demo sucked.
Its bad representative of what actual game is.
Slicing up small mid section of VN is bad idea.

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

I played a bit of the demo. The presentation and story got me interested enough that I’ll play the full game.

Is the whole game actually a VN or are there adventure game elements?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

desiderio59 - 13 September 2016 10:12 AM

I played a bit of the demo. The presentation and story got me interested enough that I’ll play the full game.

Is the whole game actually a VN or are there adventure game elements?

First person walking and puzzle solving.
But you are able to walk in one direction, dont know if they will change that.
4:00 in this video

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The Silver Case has officially been announced! October 7th! Standard version $19.99 / Deluxe version $29.99.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So many games… What is difference between standard and deluxe?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 16 September 2016 02:38 PM

So many games… What is difference between standard and deluxe?

You will get soundtrack and digital comic.
Will update you.

For me its Silvercase, Bf1 campaign, Dis2, Syb3, tlg, then feb onslaught.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Looks like i need to track this physical ver.

Get deluxe wilco so that i can snatch digital comic prequel from you.
Since physical will be limited and hard to get, no guarantee.

Here
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1279795

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Good interview,
http://www.gamesradar.com/before-there-was-suda51-there-was-the-silver-case/

“As far as games are concerned,” he says, “people talk about indie games, AAA games - personally, I don’t give a shit about either of those. I want to make the kind of games that game-players play, and that people find interesting… I became Suda51 with Killer7, and since then, I haven’t made an adventure game yet. So, as Suda51, I’d like to make an adventure game and see how it turns out.”

Killer7 type AG, do it!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

https://limitedrungames.com/products/the-silver-case-pc

Sexy edition….

New demo out too.
Full details

http://steamcommunity.com/games/476650/announcements/detail/586982298480132288

Optiins fo old ver UI and other bits will be in final ver.

Release trailer with Akira Yamaoka remix track,trippy stuff,

Looks like there is full remix ost and you can switch to old ost too.
Thats some awesome stuff.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Might get it through Limited Run Games. Have bought other physical copies of indie games there as well.

Any reviews out thus far?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 04 October 2016 03:02 PM

Might get it through Limited Run Games. Have bought other physical copies of indie games there as well.

Nope and doesnt need it.
But would love to see reaction of PSX game.
It best detective noir written by Suda all it needs to be.
Expect writing, art and music and not much in terms of gameplay design.
He was famous for his writing first, before Nomoreheroes, which made Mikami to ask him write Killer7 which brought him to the mainstream and kojima asked him to write Sdatcher, snacther Radio Drama.
In other words Silvercase was cult hit in japan and brought him in japanese writing scene…
It was planned for DS then canned but now Devs as fans bringing it back…

i heard 100,000 copies need to be sold for PS4/vita ver.

Please buy it. Wink

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 05 October 2016 05:47 AM

Nope and doesnt need it.
He was famous for his writing first, before Nomoreheroes, which made Mikami to ask him write Killer7 which brought him to the mainstream and kojima asked him to write Sdatcher, snacther Radio Drama.
In other words Silvercase was cult hit in japan and brought him in japanese writing scene…

Please buy it. Wink

I have Killer7.
I enjoyed it but generally I am not too fond of surrealism. It’s okay to a certain degree but it still needs to be somewhat grounded. I had to read a story analysis to somewhat make sense of the multi-layered storyline. I really appreciate Killer7 and it was a cool experience, but still would like to play those types of games to a limited degree.

The No more heroes games for example are silly but make sense in their own universe, those I really enjoyed. Maybe it helped that the gameplay was 5x better than that of Killer7.

This game is a mystery, will it have a decent resolution or will it just dive into an acid trip 2/3rds into the game leaving the biggest questions unanswered?

EDIT: OKay screw it, I bought the game. I checked the website and surprisngly you coul already purchase it. I did. Will go in completely cold so there is a chance I might not enjoy it. But I feel this is an important and rare piece in videogame history so from a collector’s standpoint its a justified purchase Tongue.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 05 October 2016 06:15 AM
nomadsoul - 05 October 2016 05:47 AM

Nope and doesnt need it.

Please buy it. Wink

I have Killer7.
I enjoyed it but generally I am not too fond of surrealism. It’s okay to a certain degree but it still needs to be somewhat grounded. I had to read a story analysis to somewhat make sense of the multi-layered storyline. I really appreciate Killer7 and it was a cool experience, but still would like to play those types of games to a limited degree.

The No more heroes games for example are silly but make sense in their own universe, those I really enjoyed. Maybe it helped that the gameplay was 5x better than that of Killer7.

This game is a mystery, will it have a decent resolution or will it just dive into an acid trip 2/3rds into the game leaving the biggest questions unanswered?

EDIT: OKay screw it, I bought the game. I checked the website and surprisngly you coul already purchase it. I did. Will go in completely cold so there is a chance I might not enjoy it. But I feel this is an important and rare piece in videogame history so from a collector’s standpoint its a justified purchase Tongue.

There is some spice in Suda writing that i like, FSR, Killer7 and this is no different but definitely his most grounded work.
K7 was made to mess up mind and left open until later , Hand In Killer 7 book filling loopholes.

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/11493.shtml

You never know but K7 could see a steam release and limited release.

Silvercase has a sequel Ward

A sequel to The Silver Case called The 25th Ward was released on mobile devices in Japan, and if The Silver Case sells well that too may see a western remake in the cards. When asked about continuing the series if The Silver Case is a success, Suda said nothing is in the works, but he has entertained the notion. “Another sequel - whether a direct story sequel or more of a thematic sequel - to games like The Silver Case may be possible, but it would be a very different type of experience. Perhaps even VR.”

The director also noted that The Silver Case’s story would help shed light on Flower, Sun and Rain’s confounding conclusion. “It’s not a direct sequel or anything like that, but because it takes place in the same world and some of the same characters appear, it is very much a related game,” Suda said. “The ending to Flower, Sun and Rain has some elements that might be a little hard to understand for some players, but if you’ve played through The Silver Case then you’ll understand more of the end to Flower, Sun and Rain.”

That last paragraph was the reason the reviewer on this site for FSR was clueless.
The Multiverse i talked about.

But connecting dots as a part of meta narrative is what made this all more unique in this industry.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

https://www.gog.com/news/coming_soon_the_silver_case

Also appearing on GOG.com

That’s probably where I will get my digital copy. Might wait for a discount as there is no rush for playing it.

But I am really glad to see another VN appearing on GOG.com

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top