• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

I’ve been looking on the official website and elsewhere but i can’t seem to find the minimum and reccomended specs for this game. Have they been released? Does anyone know them? I want to play the game but i’m doubtful my laptop will be up to it. It seems that this close to release they should have provided them because people need to know before they pre-order.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2012-08-30

PM

The specs were just posted on Facebook:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: AMD/INTEL DUAL-CORE 2 GHZ
RAM MEMORY: 2048 MB
GRAPHICS CARD: 256 MB 100% DIRECTX 9 AND SHADERS 3.0 COMPATIBLE
ATI RADEON HD 2600 XT/NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600 GT OR HIGHER
DVD-ROM: 2X DRIVE
HARD DISK SPACE: 14 GB
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX 9 COMPATIBLE
INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR GAME ACTIVATION
CONTROLLER: KEYBOARD & MOUSE OR XBOX COMPATIBLE

Is it compatible with your laptop?

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Thanks Olga

Olga - 30 August 2012 08:42 AM

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR GAME ACTIVATION

I know that there will not be a PC disk version released in North America so I am assuming that there will be one in Europe. So is this for that and if so is there a limited amount of activations on a disk release? It is also known that there will be a limited offer box release collectors edition of the 10 years of Sherlock Holmes which will include Testament and only 500 will be made.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Joined 2012-08-30

PM

GreyFuss, you seem to know really a lot! :-)
Let me answer one after one:

* No PC disk in North America, this is correct. While there will be PC disks in Europe.
* We are using Internet activation for copy protection. You will be able to use the same key up to 3 times. If you need more, email support (at) frogwares.com
* We are now preparing the Collector’s Edition for The Testament of Sherlock Holmes with 500 copies to be manufactured.

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Hi Olga

Thanks for the added information…

Will the Collectors Edition of Testament of Sherlock Holmes be the one celebrating the 10 years of Sherlock and if so will it include all the previous games? Will it have the online activation also?

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Olga - 30 August 2012 09:32 AM

* We are using Internet activation for copy protection. You will be able to use the same key up to 3 times. If you need more, email support (at) frogwares.com

@#^&*!! I love the SH games but this is yet another game I won’t buy. Cry

Joined 2012-08-30

PM

HandsFree - 30 August 2012 10:49 AM
Olga - 30 August 2012 09:32 AM

@#^&*!! I love the SH games but this is yet another game I won’t buy. Cry

Thank you! But why you won’t buy it?  Gasp

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Olga - 30 August 2012 10:51 AM

Thank you! But why you won’t buy it?  Gasp

I’m sure you’re familiar with all the discussion about how drm reduces your buy to something more like a rental. When I buy something I expect to own it and be able to play the game without having to ask for approval first. And when support ends (and that wil happen anytime in the future) the disk is worth nothing. I read on another forum that this already happened to people that bought your Sherlock Holmes anthology (was that it?).
I already don’t download because of this. Now I can’t even buy disks anymore. Pan

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

Olga - 30 August 2012 08:42 AM

Is it compatible with your laptop?

Thanks for the response Smile

Unfortunately, it looks a little beyond my laptop, as I expected, given those are minimum specs.

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2007-07-23

PM

What about Steam? I know some don’t like that either, but it’s less restrictive than activation-count type DRM systems… Will it be released there? Or would a steam version have the same DRM as well…

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2011-04-09

PM

If this game was DRM free it would be THE hit! Unfortunately that’s not the case….

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Actually I am not so sure the PC gamers are any longer the target audience when you read this from the developer…

This year, Sherlock Holmes makes a triumphant return in his very first adventure specially designed for the PlayStation® 3 and Xbox 360® game consoles! All the mystery and intrigue will also be available on PC.

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Supposedly you can chose the game play just like the last few games (1st or 3rd person) with an additional camera angle, mouse or keyboard controled or game pad. This from those that have Beta tested the game.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2008-07-24

PM

123pazu - 30 August 2012 07:10 PM
GreyFuss - 30 August 2012 07:06 PM

Actually I am not so sure the PC gamers are any longer the target audience when you read this from the developer…

This year, Sherlock Holmes makes a triumphant return in his very first adventure specially designed for the PlayStation® 3 and Xbox 360® game consoles! All the mystery and intrigue will also be available on PC.

Oops, somehow missed it.  And I’m a little worried now about the game quality (gameplay-wise)...  Sick

Why? It’s not like these games have previously been really built around gameplay, they are built around setting and story. It’s not like the last one had some incredible, genre redefining mechanics…what it did have was a well told story and it handled the Jack the Ripper subject matter maturely and in a non offensive manner.

The inclusion of console versions actually has me hopeful that these type of games could evolve in a manner that would allow for more than walk from point “A” to point “B”, talk to character, return to point “A” with new item….by including consoles from the start it’s more likely that the devs will think outside the traditional adventure game bag of tricks and consider new levels of interaction.

Even if they don’t in this case I see no reason to pull the “oh NoeZ! The COnSolEZ are KilliNG My GaMEZ!” nonsense that is so absurdly prevalent on this forum. The trailers look excellent, it’s the same voice actors, and Frogwares has done a solid job with the franchise so there’s no reason to expect anything but an excellent adventure. For the record I’m buying the 360 version.

Joined 2012-08-30

PM

Hey guys, regarding game activation - I was not correct here. Sorry for misinforming you!

You will be able to install the game on 3 PCs simultaneously; while you have unlimited number of activations.

And of course our support (at) frogwares.com guys will be happy to help and advice! :- )

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

If specially designed for the consoles new Holmes game’s mechnanics must be like Walking Dead plus puzzles Smile

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top