• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiertrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #16 - Fright

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

furgotten - 05 April 2016 11:01 AM

And why does no one ever keep gas in their generators?

There’s a curse in these gameworlds where everything automatically resets back to empty or locked or hidden or scrambled. Game characters see thousands of people come through the motel or the mansion or the castle or the store, and as soon as each individual accomplishes something and leaves for the next challenge, everything goes back to its original status. Must be incredibly frustrating for them.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I have often thought that the occupants of Ravehearst must be continually frustrated having to manipulate those locks every time they want to change rooms.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Becky - 05 April 2016 09:10 AM

I also enjoyed the puzzle in this room—never thought my knowledge of western US states would be handy in a game.

As a non-American I was actually quite happy that I was able to solve this without any major problems. I was able to identify many of the bigger and most well know states like California, Texas and Nevada etc. and the rest was just trial & error.

Becky - 05 April 2016 11:37 AM

I wonder if given the scuzzy water in the washing machine, maybe they haven’t done their laundry in ten years? That must be where the black mist originated. It’s mildew in aerosol form.

I quite like that - But I suspect that it is more like the motel is build on a Indian native American burial ground.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Izno—nice promotional poster!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

@Iz - I liked your comment about shadows. The silhouette behind the shower curtain was particularly unnerving.

@Becky - Don’t know how long they’ve owned the Motel. Probably longer than 10 years mentioned in furgotten’s timeline. Yet, despite the dreadful condition of everything else, the inside of their house seems relatively clean, their clothing, while dated, is clean. The water in the basement is filthy, yet their bathroom is clean. And everyone seems well-fed.

Strange!

We have until tomorrow to reach the water tower scene. I’ll post the next stopping point tomorrow night. (We get to go see the CPA tomorrow. Always fun to see how the taxes turned out. Not!)

Ditto on Izno’s poster!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

‘Tis Wednesday. Hopefully most of you have reached the Water Tower scene by now. The water tower episode consists of four locations: the water tower, the house where you will finally get caught by Mr Henderson, an underground shelter where you are temporarily imprisoned and a re-visit to the tree house.

This is the scene from the tree house where you will stop.

It’s the scene where you have managed to sedate Mr Henderson so that you can freely explore more of the house.

You have until Friday to reach this scene.

We’re into the home stretch. When you reach the above scene there are only two more episodes to go: the main game finale and the Bonus chapter.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have completed this part.

Regarding when the event are suppose to take place: Emma’s adoption papers says she was adopted in 1955, and to me she looks like she is about 15 years old. So if she was adopted as an infant it would put the events in the game at around 1970 - Somewhat later than I would have guessed from the scenery - But I guess it is also possible that she was adopted at an older age, and that we are in the mid 60’s.

Otherwise there really isn’t much more to say about this part.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Methinks you will be in for a surprise.

OK! Everyone is released to play through to the end of the game. You will know when you get there because the credits will be rolling! No need for a screenshot of that.

Let me know when you have completed the main game. If a majority of you have finished, we’ll start the bonus game a day early.

Have at it!  Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Has anybody finished the basic game yet?

I’m wondering if we simply have too many playthroughs going on simultaneously. People’s time is spread too thin.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve just finished the basic game. I enjoyed the puzzles and the HOs—I like the way they are tied into the story.

I’m a bit slow because of real life and because so many good adventures have recently released.

Izno—I think Emma was adopted at a later age—in the movie, which was apparently filmed in 1955, she looked about five years old.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think things are a bit confusing towards the end. Ella, or was it Emma, died accidentally. Whichever was the second child may not have been adopted, but might have been stolen. We only found one certificate after all.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Anyway, for those that have the CE version, feel free to start it. There is no set time for finishing it.

I guess that also means that anyone playing the SE is free to watch the YouTube video. The link is posted earlier in the thread.

If we only go by visual clues, such as the polyester leisure suit being worn by Mr Henderson early in the bonus game, I would place the game sometime in the mid-1970s. (I never owned one, but knew a few people that did.) So that would tend to corroborate Iz’s thinking on the game’s time frame.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have finished the SE version of the game, and I have to say that I was a bit disappointed by the ending.

I had expected that there was some kind of ancient evil behind all of this, and some kind of big ending battle, but instead it turns out that it is “just” the ghost of the Henderson’s first child that is the culprit, and even more disappointing, she was easily “cured” by simply giving her back her teddy bear Meh

Now of course we don’t know how or why she became this evil ghost, so hopefully there is some bigger evil behind this, and the Bonus chapter will tell us all about this. Though I have to watch the bonus chapter on youtube, as I only have the SE version.

rtrooney - 10 April 2016 07:19 PM

I think things are a bit confusing towards the end. Ella, or was it Emma, died accidentally. Whichever was the second child may not have been adopted, but might have been stolen. We only found one certificate after all.

It was Emma the second child that was adopted, it states so on the adoption certificate. I believe that the first child (Ella?) was their biological child.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I was out of town for the weekend and am not quite finished. I wasn’t ignoring the playthrough (!) and will comment in a day or two.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m partway through the Bonus chapter. It’s an intriguing contrast—the characters in this prequel before the, um supernatural rot had fully settled in. I had thought from the SE that my character must have had some paranormal abilities, because looking at the pages brought me into the past for the (extremely clever) HO scenes. But the doctor can accomplish the same thing when looking at the pages. I wonder what that means. Not a good night to be a good doc.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top