• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiertrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! #9:  Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Karlok - 02 April 2016 10:36 AM

Huh? I stated a FACT.

NO you didn’t!

Karlok - 02 April 2016 10:36 AM

Exactly. And YOU set the deadline at the first of April, 01:49 PM.

NO I didn’t!

And You can’t even claim that it was just an honest misunderstanding, as I already corrected you once, and you just bulldozed on.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, no matter what the deadline was I managed to end the game today.
I think it was fairly average with some entertaining moments that were brought down by a terrible terrible perfomance.
The story was ok, reminded me of the Nicholas Cage National Treasure movies - completely predictable adventure romps but enough to entertain on a lazy Sunday. I dynamic between Eve and Amanda was gun at times but Jack and Carl were extremely annoying.
The dream parts were ok but after the second one they were clearly cut short, the third one is basically “we don’t a budget for another dream sequence so here is where you need to go next!”
I 3D engine looked good and made for some good looking action sequences that are not usual in adventure games, the car chase specially was fairly entertaining.
The controls were mostly terrible because of the jump button that was extremely unreliable, some puzzles had some finnicky platform bits and those were extremely annoying with the bad controls. Puzzles were ok, nothing hard but mostly boring stuff.
The main problem was the perfomance, from what I read it is a problem with the Steam version and some cards or something but the game was full with bugs. Terrible framerates (the game crawled in the snow part), multiple crashes to desktop, dialogue issues with cuts and a game-breaking bug that the character wouldn’t go where it needed and made me reload half an hour. For this I can’t really say it was a positive experience even it it did have some entertaining bits.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Thanks for the input Smile
It reaffirms this will stay at the bottom of my list. I dont hold games to high graphics standards, but awkward controls can be a deal breaker for me.
Id say wilco should take the next challenge then. And possibly we should come up with an official ruling on what happens if noone wins Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think we need to suumon the challenge creator. Smile  diego, what happens if no one finished the challenge?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 02 April 2016 01:04 PM

I think it was fairly average with some entertaining moments that were brought down by a terrible terrible perfomance.

I have never had any performance problems with it myself, and I’m also using the Steam version.

But apart from that I generally agree. The big disappointment for me, was that the dialogue and the voice acting was even worse than I remembered it Meh

As you are the only one who has finished it, and you are only one day late, then I’m perfectly happy if you take the next challenge.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Iznogood - 02 April 2016 03:11 PM
wilco - 02 April 2016 01:04 PM

I have never had any performance problems with it myself, and I’m also using the Steam version.

A digged around the steam forums to try to fix it, it seems like it’s specific to grapgic cards or something like that. Tried some recommended fixes like disabling the Steam overlay but nothing really worked…  Embarassed

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I don’t question Iznogood’s choice, but whoever tried and didn’t like Jack Keane 2 - don’t be hesitate to try the first game. I’m yet to find someone who doesn’t think the original is superior in any way.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for the choice Iznogood   Thumbs Up I knew I wouldn’t finish it yet but hoping to do that over the next couple of weeks! I think I already mentioned I have the GoG version of the games & as far as I got I can honestly say I haven’t had any problems with the interface .... so far!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So, I can choose the next challenge? Good, good.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top