• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The age of VR is starting

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2021-05-19

PM

Even though I have an oculus, I don’t really like VR. However, I’ve never played SKyrim (I’m a Morrowind fan) and I’m going to play Skyrim in VR

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

HQMan - 13 April 2022 06:43 PM

Even though I have an oculus, I don’t really like VR. However, I’ve never played SKyrim (I’m a Morrowind fan) and I’m going to play Skyrim in VR

I hope that goes well.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2022-12-17

PM

Well, I LOVED Half-Life: Alyx with my Oculus Quest 1…but…I sold my Meta Quest 2 recently because there was no other game with Alyx’s production values. And I never used my VR set again.
Maybe in a year or two I will join the VR community again. But - for now - no….

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

So, is anyone getting the new PSVR2 in February?
I finally found PS5 digital in stock for its regular price (no add ons or inflated prices… a truly rare thing it seems) and just bought it for PSVR2.

The launch lineup looks promising. I still hope for GT7 PSVR2 announcement though.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

First PSVR 2 impressions.

Firs of all, PSVR 2 is light, so very light. Honestly, probably the most comfortable VR hmd I’ve ever worn. First hmd I feel like I’ll actually be able to wear for more than 1 hour without even thinking about it.

Another very positive thing is easy setup. Seriously, outside of standalone Quest, this is the easiest HMD to setup. Just plug in one cable and you’re ready to go.
Of course, wireless would be even better, but as far as cabled hmds go, they did it right.

I’ve only tried a few games quickly (but actually spend 1 hour and a half in VR), but graphics and picture quality look great! Eye tracking and foveated rendering are perfect and you don’t even notice them.

For now I noticed HDR in GT7 the most. The moment sun shined in a car it actually blinded me a bit. Wow. I kind of forgot about the whole HDR thing, so it caught me completely off guard. So realistic!

So far very satisfied with the purchase.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Just a small update.

Finally tried Horizon Call of the Mountain. Hot damn… those graphics are insane! The moment they throw you on to that boat ride, I literary couldn’t believe my eyes. The fidelity of details, colours, animations, interactions… just, wow!

I only had time to play till the first check point (and that already took me around 40 minutes, as I was in full turist mode- looking at sights, etc.), but I really like what I saw of gameplay so far. Climbing feels great and bow & arrow mechanics are soooo satisfying.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Just a little update on my PSVR2 journey. Finished Horizon and it was an awesome launch title. The set pieces in second half were even more gorgeous than in the first.

Started RE Village and just meet Lady Dimitrescu for the first time… damn, she’s *huge*. I was never a fan of RE games in 2d (actually, I only played RE4), but to experience this dark twisted fairy tale like world of Village in VR is something else. I’d say graphics are even better than in Horizon. So far it’s shaping up to become one of my favourite VR games.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Finished both RE8 and Saints and Sinners 1. RE8 pretty much became one of my favourite gaming experiences. 2d or VR. I’m not even a fan of RE series, but RE8 in VR is something else. It took me around 17 hours to finish.

S&S1; is my second favourite game on PSVR2. I’m 20 hours in. I finished the main story and I’m going through DLC missions now. Very satisfying and kind of addicting gameplay loop. Love it.

Still deciding what my next game will be. I’ll obviously play S&S2;, but I think I’ll take some time off from the game after finishing the DLC. Might start MOSS2 or maybe Song in the Smoke.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

True, VR and AR are so much bigger than games. They still have ways to go before they’ll be considered an essential parts of our lives, but with the current progress it will happen pretty soon I think. Resolution is getting there and I expect in 2 years we’ll have affordable consumer goggles that will be able to replace monitors. And with the current miniaturisation we already have VR hmds that weight only around 100g and are closer to small goggles than bulkier ski-masks of current VR gen.

Quest3 is coming out this year and Apple is supposed to announce their MR goggles. Exciting. While Apple’s goggles are rumoured to be quite expensive at around $3000, I’m excited to see what they’ll bring to the table in terms of polish, form factor and usability.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Just finished Red Matter 2. Probably the highest res and sharpest game on PSVR2. It was running at silky smooth native 120hz. Just incredible. What’s more, it’s seriously impressive classic sci-fi adventure game. Great puzzles, made for VR. Everything is very tactile and puzzles were a joy to solve.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Finished Saints and Sinners 2. What a ride! In general it feels more like an expansion to Chapter 1 than a completely new game, but I don’t mind, since the gameplay remains as strong as in the first game. I even liked the variety of missions in Ch2 a bit more. Very enjoyable 19 hours that took me to finish the game. So, together with Ch1 the game took almost 40 hours. Great games.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2023-08-11

PM

Hey all. A bit late on this one but what the heck.
That VR could be profitable was never in question, but it will never become ubiquitous because…
0. It’s a transition technology, not an endpoint.
1. You have to wear something on your face.
2. Most folks want to game effortlessly and passively.
3. No killer app.
Killer technology is important, but not even close to the importance of an application so universally appealing that it would be laughable not to buy in all the way.
Now it’s 2023. What do you think?

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I think VR and AR are both the way forward for both entertainment and work.

Think about it this way. Meta sold over 20 millions of Quests. To use VR today you must put 500+ g brick on your face. Not only it is heavy, but it can also be pretty uncomfortable and can make your head/face hurt after a while. If you ask me it’s pretty incredible VR, at this point, is even as popular as it is. Despite this huge con, people still use VR. You know why? Because, VR provides the unique compelling experience you simply can’t have anywhere else.

The best part? It has still a long long way to progress. Heavy HMDs will slowly shrink to small and light goggles, then to small pair of glasses… and then, who knows. At one point it will even become a fashionable thing.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Nintendo might be entering VR/MR arena soon:

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Hey, I just received my Meta Quest 3 yesterday and so far it’s great. The only VR hardware I tried before was the Samsung Gear VR several years ago, but this is much better and definitely more comfortable to wear.

Adventure wise, I think it’s a no brainer for me to buy The Room VR - A Dark Matter. I loved all The Room games on my phone and I’m sure it’ll be pretty mind blowing to play one in virtual reality.

There’s also another VR puzzle Adventure called ‘Down The Rabbit Hole’ which I’m considering. Any other VR puzzle adventures someone can recommend?

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top