• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #38: Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

chrissie - 16 March 2016 05:31 PM

From what I can recall there are actually 3 - did you eventually get the right one kabouter? If not the hotspot is more over to the right of the scene.  Smile

Yes, I got the correct hotspot. I’m now in Le Mans, looking for leads on the highwayman.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Even though I have to concur with everyone who criticized the repetitiveness of the remarks when you enter the location (strange how I don’t remember it at all), but Touche really came in the perfect time after the problems I expressed in this thread Smile - the “open world”, even when it has no sense to travel across the France just because you forgot that little inch of a pixel, is a breath of a fresh air and one of the things that made me fall in love with the genre - I’m NOT saying every game needs to have that kind of freedom (or in that amount), nor it is necessary for a game to be good, but I just love it, especially when it comes to historical/grand adventure kind of games like this one.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The only thing that ever attracted me to Touche in the 1st place was what I saw as the very lovely art-work/graphics of the game & I’m now further endeared to it by having the chance to actually play it - despite having a lot of locations & characters looking exactly the same somehow it’s very amusing! Yes. there’s a lot of repetitive dialogue but I’ve played so many games where the game mechanics have dictated the same so no problem here! But the main thing is that I’ve got so hooked on the story & wondering where it’s going & loving it so far!    Smile

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

Okay! I’ve finally reached Le Havre, and after re-reading the thread I realised that some of you were giving me clues that I missed somehow.  Thank you. Smile

I’m noticing after reading through the hints that there is more than one way to do some puzzles such as putting the blank paper in the sunlight instead of the candle and putting the souvenir on the anvil rather than smashing it with a hammer.  Always a welcome in adventure games!

I feel like I’m getting stuck on such simple things but I’m managing to solve the more silly puzzles such as painting the flowers purple.  I guess I just expect ridiculous inventory-based puzzles from these 90’s adventures.  Crazy

Like some others, I didn’t work out climbing the tree three times and eventually resorted to a walkthrough… which is a shame as I’m usually the type to try things over and over again.  Like in Broken Age attempting to walk up the whipped cream hill over and over again and listening to the knitted toys exclaim “some people never learn” every time.  Grin

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Nelza - 20 March 2016 06:12 AM

I’m noticing after reading through the hints that there is more than one way to do some puzzles such as putting the blank paper in the sunlight instead of the candle and putting the souvenir on the anvil rather than smashing it with a hammer.  Always a welcome in adventure games!

Wow! Never knew this! Thanks!!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 20 March 2016 08:28 AM
Nelza - 20 March 2016 06:12 AM

Wow! Never knew this! Thanks!!

I didn’t know either (about the sunlight and the anvil). Hope you find more of those, Nelza.

Non-sequitur: Diego, what are you going to wear next X-mas? A crown? Tongue

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nice stuff about the alternate solutions, always good to see.

diego, we are starting the next part today, no? I want to see what heppens (and maybe kick some english butt?)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

allright! im a terrible slowpoke but im getting things done in st quentin now. Sliiiiight disappointment with the amount of asset recycling they do, but they also make jokes about it, so its fun. Just met the cardinal, and the plot is getting interesting. The first puzzle to annoy me was: dropping the melon in the river to get the other soldiers to rescue it….. seriously????
Otherwise the puzzles have been pretty good and fun.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

We have 4 more players that are active in this thread (from the beginning), that haven’t reached Le Havre yet! I won’t be popular for doing this, but I’m prolonging the deadline for the third part until Wednesday 23 March and that’s final!!! Once again, sorry to everyone who are going by the original schedule, and I promise there won’t be any more delays… Frown you can just, you know, watch The Three Musketeers or something in the meantime. Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 20 March 2016 06:52 PM

Once again, sorry to everyone who are going by the original schedule, and I promise there won’t be any more delays… Frown you can just, you know, watch The Three Musketeers or something in the meantime. Smile

Sigh… I’ve already finished the game, I can’t wait that long or I’ll forget all the jokes.

@zane: yeah, the melon was terrible. Had to retry six or seven times, there just wasn’t enough time.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 20 March 2016 07:15 PM

Once again, sorry to everyone who are going by the original schedule, and I promise there won’t be any more delays… Frown you can just, you know, watch The Three Musketeers or something in the meantime. Smile

Sigh… I’ve already finished the game, I can’t wait that long or I’ll forget all the jokes.

Write them down. Or take screenshots. You know, like Zobraks does. Smile

(even better, take another playthrough and look for the alternative puzzle solutions Tongue )

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 20 March 2016 07:16 PM

(even better, take another playthrough and look for the alternative puzzle solutions Tongue )

Haha! No, I had a brilliant idea. I’m currently replaying the Deponia series.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I had a couple days off for family stuff, but I’m playing tonight and should (fingers crossed) get caught up soon.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

We have 4 more players that are active in this thread (from the beginning), that haven’t reached Le Havre yet! I won’t be popular for doing this, but I’m prolonging the deadline for the third part until Wednesday 23 March and that’s final!!! Once again, sorry to everyone who are going by the original schedule, and I promise there won’t be any more delays… Frown you can just, you know, watch The Three Musketeers or something in the meantime. Smile

You’re too lenient. How will the children ever learn to complete their homework on time if you keep letting them off the hook? I say punish, PUNISH! Stocks & gallows! To the guillotine, friends!

Pan

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

does the inventory system make anyone else nervous that its going to bug out and put me in a dead end??  Sarcastic
iv somehow ended up with two melons now when im pretty sure i should have 0. And everything is layered on top of other things, super not convenient.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top