• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! #6: Shadow of the Comet

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hmm. when i had picked up the map i actually thought maybe it was an oversight of the game and i was only supposed to be able to look at the map screen after i had picked it up. I tried showing everybody the map just in case, and no luck so far hm.

another thing i just noticed what i at first assumed was a window in the post office is actually a map when you look at it…. but all the character says is “oh a map” and there doesnt seem to be any interaction with it

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Having just finished the game I give it a 2/5 stars, like someone before me, in terms of AG rating.

The story gets more convoluted further into the game and a lot of crazy stuff starts too happen.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 21 February 2016 11:01 AM

hmm. when i had picked up the map i actually thought maybe it was an oversight of the game and i was only supposed to be able to look at the map screen after i had picked it up. I tried showing everybody the map just in case, and no luck so far hm.

another thing i just noticed what i at first assumed was a window in the post office is actually a map when you look at it…. but all the character says is “oh a map” and there doesnt seem to be any interaction with it

I noticed that but nothing does seem to happen. I thought the Boleskine guide could pinpoint me but now doesn’t let me even enter his house

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Zane, wilco: If you got the clue from the rifle, everything else you need is in your room. Don’t leave until you’ve marked the location of the cross on the map.

(You’ll need to find another clue in your room first.)

The game won’t acknowledge that you’ve found the right location (because bad design), but if you go into town things will happen.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ok, got it now! The thing is I have to remember the game doesn’t let combining items and it didn’t even acknowledge the secretary existed so I never thought that I had to put the picture and the map there before interacting.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

yeeep got things moving again, as a complete and total last resort i started trying to put things on that table in the doctors house. If only there was standard item combining!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Things are hapening now!

Just met Jack Nicholson

He immediately proceded to take me to his house and kill me! Tongue

The fight scene outside the bar lasted a good 15min because I didn’t see the object Smile

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 21 February 2016 03:03 PM

The fight scene outside the bar lasted a good 15min because I didn’t see the object Smile

the fight scene was especially funny in high speed as they hit him about a million times

It didnt take long for me to hit another snag. Now iv… taken the three pictures on top of the makeshift tripod.. and i just dont see what to do next. I tried returning to my room. I tried returning to the drug store to use the dark room, its closed. I tried wandering the town. I found the conspiracy gathering behind where you take the pictures.. but doesnt seem to be any opportunity for interaction other than getting killed. The journal entry just says he hopes the 3 pictures come out ok.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 21 February 2016 06:20 PM
wilco - 21 February 2016 03:03 PM

the fight scene was especially funny in high speed as they hit him about a million times

It didnt take long for me to hit another snag. Now iv… taken the three pictures on top of the makeshift tripod.. and i just dont see what to do next. I tried returning to my room. I tried returning to the drug store to use the dark room, its closed. I tried wandering the town. I found the conspiracy gathering behind where you take the pictures.. but doesnt seem to be any opportunity for interaction other than getting killed. The journal entry just says he hopes the 3 pictures come out ok.

Same place, same problem Neutral
Looked everywhere in town, nothing seems to be happening, can’t even knock on doors now.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

You both suck. Tongue OK, the game sucks for letting you leave the forest and return to town (see my earlier post). But you suck for getting killed.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I don’t get it, I saw the cat and found the secret passage but I die as soon as I enter it

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Haha lol…this is funny. And this is exactly one of the reasons I stated this game is undoable without a guide. What you need to do next kind of relies on ‘luck’ to find out.
Or at least it’s very unintuivite and I expect you to find the solution by accident.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I do applaud you guys trying to play it without walkthrough. I never could do that myself, as despite I do like the atmosphere of it, I do think the game is technically a trainwreck.

By the way, as I do assume you are playing GOG version (and it should be on other versions as well), I recommend checking out the Lovecraft Museum that is included on the package. It’s not a game, but it’s a fun little Lovecraft museum tour done in the same engine.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This guy has now killed me 100 times…

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

The lovecraft museum doesn’t seem to be included in the GOG.com release.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top