• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabezobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! Inkle’s 80 Days

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

And 4th (and last for now) playthrough:

http://www.inklestudios.com/80days/journeys/?id=0aj4t1F0r2&playerName=wilco

Still totally different, took a long road since I wanted to see more cities and what happened if I failed.
Went North to Russia first and than South through India - Australia - New Zealand - South America

The only problem I’m seeing is that some plot show up too much (every city in the world is in some kind of revolution Smile )

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

And that’s my second playthrough.

http://www.inklestudios.com/80days/journeys/?id=XYGZQUcFOt&playerName=kurufinwe

I finally got to visit Canada! Between the mechanical Taj Mahal and the floating city in Canada, I had my share of wondrous sights. The most fun part was probably leading a mutiny on the Pacific trip. I had tried to do that in an early playthrough and failed miserably, so it was nice to succeed this time.

I’m putting the game away for a while, but as I look as this extensive list of adventures to discover, most of which I didn’t even know about, I’m pretty sure I’ll return to it at some point in the future.

Is anyone still playing? There are a few people that we haven’t heard from in a while. Anyway, still 3 days to complete the challenge, before zane picks the new one.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Kurufinwe - 08 February 2016 06:12 AM

Is anyone still playing? There are a few people that we haven’t heard from in a while. Anyway, still 3 days to complete the challenge, before zane picks the new one.

I’m still playing, I kind of put it on the back burner because I wanted to finish Aviary Attorney first. But now that I’m through with that one I can focus on getting through 80 Days.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Just finished my first play through!! Did it in 72 days!  I unfortunately forgot to hit share at the end. I went up the North Pole route, and Fogg almost died during the expedition. I then went through Canada to Quebec to London. Overall a really fun game. I’m going to start on the next expedition tonight!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

iv taken my time on my current journey, just about at the end but i definitely wont be hitting 80 days this time. Some highlights: boarding the nautilus with captain nemo, ending up in the city of atlantis and getting to see that they do cyborg implants in this setting Smile There is some truly advanced technology in some places.

As for the next round later this week… iv got 3 candidates in mind I’ll pick from any of these that get at least a few supporters:
Firewatch: thought it might be fun to do a game none of us have played since it isnt out yet. I know almost nothing about it, just have gotten good impressions.
Heroines quest: its my favorite of the QFG clones, its free and its fun. When i played through as a wizard my first time i didnt clock hours.. but id guess its probably in the 10ish+ hour range.
memoria: i liked chains of satinav quite a bit, but i never played through memoria. Been meaning to, maybe now would not be a bad time.

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

zane - 08 February 2016 08:43 PM

Firewatch: thought it might be fun to do a game none of us have played since it isnt out yet. I know almost nothing about it, just have gotten good impressions.
Heroines quest: its my favorite of the QFG clones, its free and its fun. When i played through as a wizard my first time i didnt clock hours.. but id guess its probably in the 10ish+ hour range.
memoria: i liked chains of satinav quite a bit, but i never played through memoria. Been meaning to, maybe now would not be a bad time.

Haven’t played any of these, and all of them interest me! Can’t wait to see what you pick.

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Started my second playthrough. In Russia currently, hope to finish my second playthrough tomorrow or the next day.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

My last journey: http://www.inklestudios.com/80days/journeys/?id=omqzcCvMpn&playerName=zane

I particularly liked ulundi with the swarms of mechanical animals

As for the next challenge im going to retract firewatch from the list, i read some reviews and sounds short.
Still potentials:
Heroines quest
Memoria
Fran bow
Dangan ronpa

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Finished my second playthrough. This time it took me a little longer (95 days). I got sick with cholera in Honolulu, and was also imprisoned in Russia. I really enjoyed this game a lot, hopefully I’ll do better at the next one!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

zane - 10 February 2016 07:59 PM

As for the next challenge im going to retract firewatch from the list, i read some reviews and sounds short.
Still potentials:
Heroines quest
Memoria
Fran bow
Dangan ronpa

If you pick Memoria or Fran Bow, please announce it before the Steam sale ends. Wink

(FWIW I’m up for Memoria; I had no idea what Fran Bow was until 5 minutes ago, but why not; I’ll definitely be playing Danganronpa when it releases on PC, but that’s still a week away; and I’ve already played some of Heroine’s Quest back when it was released and know I’d rather take my time with it when I finally get back to it.)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Congratulations to everyone finishing the challenge… I’m also leaning more towards Memoria, though Heroine’s Quest didn’t look half as bad when I tried it, too.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

stupid me, i thought danganronpa was already out on PC.
Lets go with memoria then, only $3 in the current sale and looks like itll be on sale until tomorrow.
I’ll put up an official post this afternoon.
EDIT: just in case anybody did not know, memoria is the sequel to chains of satinav, and it will likely be rather confusing if you did not play that game. To my understanding it introduces new characters but also follows the plot of CoS pretty directly. Maybe we can collaborate on a little recap from the first game, i remember bits and pieces (and that i loved the voice acting of nuri).

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Glad it’s not Firewatch Smile
Never played CoS but shouldn’t be a big problem. Also played BoUT2 before the first and was easy to catch up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top