• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #15—Beyond: Light Advent

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

1. Diana’s bracelet was given to her by Nix. So I don’t think Carl had any access to that information. And, unless Carl had multiple Worldeater suits scattered around the terrain, I doubt it was he who appeared at the junkyard. Only during the endgame.

2. Since Becky’s screenshot shows Iridessa being attacked only 23 days before current time on Earth, I think it is obvious that the Irridessans intended the Earth defense system, which was installed a long time before the Irridessan attack, would be a defense for both their world systems.

3. Already solved.

4. See 2 above. As far as the Area 51 scenario….This is a top secret military installation where planes such as Blackbird are designed and tested. I dout there are any pubic hospitals, diners and/or drive in movie theaters on the premices. So. sorry furgotten, I totally toss out anything that says beneficial invasion wasn’t seen. Why something wasn’t done about it, e.g. kill the beneficial invaders, I have no idea.

5. I think my thought that the Worldeaters gain power from consuming the energy of conquered worlds is as good as any. Diana’s conversation with the Master Crystal pretty much confirms that. There will always be evil and there will always be good. They will always be in conflict.

6. Only played the SE.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

6. For those who have played (or viewed) the Bonus Chapter. So portals exist where you can blink from Earth to Iridessa. Shouldn’t you be able to do the reverse? So why didn’t Nix just blink to Earth in the first place, instead of flying a ship there?

I agree that the Earth end of the portal may have been inactive.

By the way, I thought the ending to the bonus chapter was very sweet and appropriate for Valentine’s Day.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Lady Kestrel - 16 February 2016 12:27 AM

By the way, I thought the ending to the bonus chapter was very sweet and appropriate for Valentine’s Day.

I agree completely.

Thanks everyone for your answers/theories—it’s been fascinating to read them. There is a lot of story in this game, and much of it goes by very quickly. You can’t replay cut scenes in the “Extras” section, unfortunately. There are so many cut scenes, maybe it would have been unrealistic to include them all. But it would have made it a lot easier to review and understand the story.

If anyone is still playing, let me know. (I assume Dara100 is still catching up after experiencing computer problems.) I have a few spoilerish screenshots I’d like to post, but only when everyone’s finished.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Whenever you feel the playthrough thread has run its course, I will let you open the next playthrough thread.  Naughty

I’ll still keep score. Just don’t want to jump the gun.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Right Becky, real life intruded this weekend and I only got in 20 mins. or so.  So please don’t wait for me.  Go ahead and post the screenshots and I won’t peek at this thread until I’m done.  I’ll definitely finish it as it’s such a good game.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Same here. I finished the second section just when we could start the third, and wanted to wait with posting until I was fully caught up… Didn’t happen… Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Thanks to those who are still playing for reporting in.  Nerd  I’m very curious to hear your impressions when you finish.

A question for those who have finished (or viewed) the Bonus Chapter. What did you think of the final card game challenge?

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Screenshots Below Contain Significant Spoilers

If you haven’t finished the game, close your eyes.

I love the whimsy in this shot. Phenomenal cosmic Worldeater ships. Itty bitty Earth farm.

One of the most beautiful scenes in the game, IMHO.

I caught this alien creature mid-leap. (Just showing off.) I wonder how long it’ll be until it escapes up onto the Earth’s surface. Hmmm. Maybe those “prehistoric” sea creatures that come from nowhere and end up in fishermen’s nets? Maybe they are from some sort of alien underwater base and manage to escape from time to time.

At first I thought this robot facial expression was a blank. It’s not.

This is from the credits. I suspect it’s some of the developers in ‘50s regalia.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The final puzzle wasn’t my favorite, mainly because the rules weren’t clear.  Even though I played the game before, it still took trial and error to figure out how to win.  Also, I’m not usually fond of the [spoiler]Deus ex machina kind of ending that determines everyone’s fate[/spoiler], but it worked out okay here.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

The first time I played the final puzzle in the Bonus Chapter, it took me completely by surprise. I was so startled at the audacity—almost mundaneness, considering the stakes involved—that I spent most of it with my mouth open saying “Whaaaaat?” The second time I played, I was expecting it and this time I actually liked it. (That surprised me too.) The second time through I tried to lose to see if there was an alternate ending, and the game refused to let me lose. Admittedly, I was playing on the easiest setting, which may have affected how much hand-holding the game does for this challenge. If anybody out there manages to lose the final Bonus Chapter challenge, let us know.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I know there are a couple of players who haven’t quite finished, and I hope they’ll post their impressions of Beyond: Light Advent once they are done. But the thread has been quiet for a couple of days now, so I thought I’d thank everyone for participating and for making this casual playthrough a lot of fun!

I decided to post my appreciation via smoke signal (one of the more unusual HO scenes I’ve ever encountered).

The above translates as: Farewell Until We Meet Again.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

And thank you for all the hard work you put into this playthrough. I particularly enjoyed the quizzes.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

A big thank you from me, too, Becky!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Phew!  Finally finished except for the bonus game which I’ll do at my leisure.  Crashed my older machine a couple of times too, but I soldiered through.  Very good game, I thought.  I liked the twist with Carl but got a little annoyed with him showing up twice after I thought he was dead.  The Worldeaters were cool-looking and of course the color palette was beautiful throughout.  The HOGs were ingenious and I especially liked the matching ones.  Not too many either.

Thanks a lot Becky!  Smile

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Dara100—I’m glad you were able to power through, despite the computer problems. I’m thinking back fondly of a time when there were no computer issues. Less fond of the fact that, of course, then there weren’t any computer games either.  Neutral  On balance, I guess I’ll live with the issues.  Pan

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top