• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2011 Adventure Game of the Year

Poll: 2011 Adventure Game of the Year is?
Total Votes: 49
Alpha Polaris
A New Beginning
Back to the Future
Black Mirror 3: The Final Fear
Blackwell Deception
Book of Unwritten Tales
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
Gemini Rue
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
L.A. Noire
To the Moon
Your unlisted favorite

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Absolutely nothing, bad year for me.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

colpet - 24 January 2016 09:31 AM

Really?
I’d have thought you’d like Baron Wittard.

And PAGODA lists ASA: A Space Adventure as a 2011 game.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Awesome year. At least 3 5/5 games again: To the Moon, Blackwell Deception and Edna & Harvey. I’m giving my vote to the last one, because it was just so incredibly good in every way. And even though I did cry at the end of To the Moon, E&H actually had a very strong emotional impact on me too.

Lots of 4 star games here too.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The only game I’ve played from this year is Trauma, which I enjoyed although it was rather short.  There are several on the list that I plan to play soon.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

crabapple - 24 January 2016 10:29 AM

PAGODA is often wrong. ASA was released on January 7th, 2013.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

crabapple - 24 January 2016 10:29 AM
colpet - 24 January 2016 09:31 AM

Really?
I’d have thought you’d like Baron Wittard.

I bought Baron Wittard, but never played it. I made the same mistake with ASA.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Very close between Blackwell Deception, Gemini Rue and Ghost Trick. Ghost Trick in particular was a very clever little game, combined story and puzzles in an interesting way, did some smart things with its mechanics and even gave me a proper scare at one point. But I think Gemini Rue wins with its worldbuilding and nonlinear storytelling.

Hang on, Blackwell Deception is the one with Sarah Elmaleh as the dead girl in the nightclub, isn’t it? Can I change my vote?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Phlebas - 25 January 2016 05:40 AM

Hang on, Blackwell Deception is the one with Sarah Elmaleh as the dead girl in the nightclub, isn’t it? Can I change my vote?

Sure, if you ask nicely. Wink Tongue

Gemini Rue -1 / Blackwell Deception +1 ?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

TimovieMan - 25 January 2016 06:08 AM

Gemini Rue -1 / Blackwell Deception +1 ?

Yes please - that’s probably my favourite sequence in the Blackwell series, and I meant to vote for it when the right game came up. Thanks Tim!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Phlebas - 25 January 2016 06:44 AM

Yes please - that’s probably my favourite sequence in the Blackwell series, and I meant to vote for it when the right game came up. Thanks Tim!

Done.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top