• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Murder Mystery games?

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Origami - 26 March 2021 12:10 PM

This game is not be found anymore. Where can you get it?

https://ifdb.org/viewgame?id=00e0t7swrris5pg6

Download link is at the top right of the page.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

Does anyone know good Murder Mystery Point and Click Games that depict heavy use of high-tech forensics? Skip the CSI ones—I already played them.

Thanks.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Still Life 2, Sinking Island

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2022-02-28

PM

It’s a little bit different, but Return of the Obra Dinn (https://store.steampowered.com/app/653530/Return_of_the_Obra_Dinn/) is an excellent game, one of the most unique mysteries I’ve ever enjoyed.

Employee A, my solo-developed game about murder in the high tech industry, has a demo available now on PC and Mac.

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1815690/Employee_A/
Itch: https://cross-couloir.itch.io/employee-a

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

diego - 03 March 2022 10:00 AM

Still Life 2, Sinking Island

Yeah, these have some forensics, though I don’t personally like Still Life 2.

I would add:
Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny
Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

I would say that Gray matter? also can be called a murder mystery. I love that game!

And the same applies to Moebius: Empire rising.

And then there is Murdery Mystery Machine, did anyone mention that?

Of course, many Nancy Drew games are murder mysteries.

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

sylv - 06 March 2022 02:27 AM

I would say that Gray matter? also can be called a murder mystery. I love that game!

And the same applies to Moebius: Empire rising.

And then there is Murdery Mystery Machine, did anyone mention that?

Of course, many Nancy Drew games are murder mysteries.

Thanks Sylv, is ‘Murder Mystery Machine’ good? I have heard mixed reviews.

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

Abhi D. - 06 March 2022 05:56 AM

Thanks Sylv, is ‘Murder Mystery Machine’ good? I have heard mixed reviews.

I like the game. They have pusblished an update, which makes it better.

The frustrating part (and therefore the mixed reviews) is that you have to make connections between facts (a bit like in many Sherlock Holmes games), but never know whether you have got the right connection, until you close the case.

They changed that now: you see when a connection is right, and you also see how many connections you still should find.
Only the connections you create to underpin a conclusion (who is the murderer, what was the murder weapon, and so on) remain ‘blind’.

I am replaying it now, and I have to replay scenes in every part to reach the A+ (being able to replay scenes after you finished a part is also part of the update). But now it is at least possible :-)

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2019-09-15

PM

Abhi D. - 03 March 2022 08:40 AM

Does anyone know good Murder Mystery Point and Click Games that depict heavy use of high-tech forensics? Skip the CSI ones—I already played them.

Thanks.

Hey Abhi,

Two recommendations for you, although they may not be helpful.

If you haven’t sought them out, the two Nintendo DS CSI games have totally unique cases then Telltale’s work. The second, Unsolved, is particularly great.

Second, I’d also recommend Telltale’s Law and Order game. The first half of each case is basically a low-tech CSI experience, but Telltale’s growing style really shines here.

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

Thanks Narcissus, big fan of CSI and Law and Order games.

I have played all the CSI games up to and including “Fatal Conspiracy”.

Did Telltale release a Law & Order game on PC?

Thanks again.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2022-05-18

PM

tinpanalley, I’m so glad you asked! We are a studio based in the UK and we are just developing a murder mystery game inspired by great English writers like Agatha Christie. It’s a murder mystery game that also supports online co-op.

We released a demo of Whispers in the West last week, in preparation for the Steam Next Fest.

So you can download the demo for free on Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1868070

(Currently, the game does not have in-game chat, so if you plan to play with friends, make sure you have a voice chat or online conference tool on the side, e.g. Discord/Zoom)

For those who have not heard of us already: Whispers in the West is an online co-op point-and-click murder mystery game, where 1-4 players can play. Almost everyone who played this game says it’s a truly unique experience featuring innovative gameplay - Imagine Among Us, but with stories, or Ace Attorney but with online co-op. The game is set in the far reaches of the Wild West. Each story is a unique and intriguing mystery needing to be solved. To succeed, the players need to work as a team, discuss what information is found and put the pieces together to decipher the truth.

We truly hope you and your friends will enjoy this game (as many did). Look forward to your feedback.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Abhi D. - 30 May 2022 12:09 AM

Thanks again.

Telltale did. But they lost the license rather quickly and became hard to find. I found out a few days ago I own a hard copy sealed. Would it be worth something some day?

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Origami - 10 June 2022 07:48 AM
Abhi D. - 30 May 2022 12:09 AM

Thanks again.

Telltale did. But they lost the license rather quickly and became hard to find. I found out a few days ago I own a hard copy sealed. Would it be worth something some day?

Depending on the nature of our post-apocalyptic societies, attitudes towards and re-evaluation of outdated tech and your ability to keep your stash away from the claws of giant mutant magpie scavenger gangs..

..probably a mint condition dowswer and a couple of goats.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve got 4 Law & Order games for PC which were freely available at the time so I’m pretty sure that they would be easy to find….what system you can play them on is another matter!  Laughing

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

The current Steam indie promotion thingie got me to discover Hill Detective: PURITY & decay. Don’t know if it’s mentioned here somewhere before; but according to the description it’s a murder mystery (though in the demo you investigate a lost toy).

You’re playing a private investigator in a cyberpunk-ish scifi Native American-inspired future; very unique and interesting setting. It also seems like the game wants you to genuinely investigate, it’s not one of those mysteries where you just play through and the game automatically tells you that you’re now right about everything, got all the evidence, whatever etc.

Unfortunately controls/UI are pretty awful. I sorta got used to it after a bit but indubitably it’ll keep the game from being too successful (well, that and nobody knowing about its existence ^^).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top