• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Lifestream and Shady Brook remakes

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

As a text adventure fan and someone who has not played these Unimatrix Productions games (but enjoyed The Filmmaker a lot), I’m looking forward to this.

The engine appears to be more in the format of mid-era Legend games with clickable options, equippable inventory and an automap feature.

Maybe even more exciting is that the engine will be made public, with the potential for many promising user-made IF.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/news/view/29850

Anyone who has played the originals? The only thing that worries me is that it looks a touch on the casual side.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I loved both the original games Oscar, especially Shady Brook & was delighted when Christopher Brendel replied to my email way back stating his intention to update the games - I’m not sure what I feel about them going down the text adventure route but am tentatively looking forward to seeing how well they capture the atmosphere of the original stories.

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2016-01-21

PM

I hope it is possible to view the original graphics in full view. It’s very difficult to see anything in the tiny box provided.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I played the originals. Still have them and their large scale game manuals. Really liked the Filmmaker too.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

GrahamDaventry - 21 January 2016 03:57 PM

I hope it is possible to view the original graphics in full view. It’s very difficult to see anything in the tiny box provided.

I’m crossing my fingers & hoping/dreaming that they may go in the direction of something like Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon Heart

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Just to highlight a point tucked farther down in the news item (not enough room in the headline), it’s not JUST Lifestream and Shady Brook being reimagined/rereleased, but The Filmmaker and the never-released Stonewall Penitentiary as well. It’s the whole Unimatrix catalogue.

Personally I really like this style of game for handheld devices (which these games will be available on). Not so much for PC.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jackal - 22 January 2016 12:39 PM

Just to highlight a point tucked farther down in the news item (not enough room in the headline), it’s not JUST Lifestream and Shady Brook being reimagined/rereleased, but The Filmmaker and the never-released Stonewall Penitentiary as well. It’s the whole Unimatrix catalogue.

Personally I really like this style of game for handheld devices (which these games will be available on). Not so much for PC.

No PC versions?  Cry

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Oh no, they’ll be available for PC as well. I’m just saying I don’t find the illustrated text games to be as conducive to sitting at a PC with mouse in hand as I do lounging around with an iPad. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top