• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I just finished playing the Sable Maze - Sinister Knowledge demo. Seems very similar in concept to the House of 1000 Doors games which I like very much. Well, except for the last one which deviated from its script in oh so many ways. So, I’ll be casting a vote for Sable Maze - Sinister Knowledge when I post later on today.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of November 9. Final update. Eleven days to go.

Well, it’s still November in Chicago. The weather forecast for the next seven days is for temperatures in the low-to-mid 50s. Quite a drop for last week, but still about 6 degrees above normal. Warm enough to get my car washed. This REALLY REALLY can’t last much longer!

We will continue the standard process. Nominations and voting will last 15 days and will close on either November 20 or if we go three straight days with no new posts. If there is a tie, everyone, including those who didn’t vote, is eligible to cast one vote for one of the tied games. Tie-break voting will last five days. If there is still a tie, the person running the voting process, (me in this case,) will break the tie. This differs slightly from the AGCPT process in that there are no carry-over votes. Voting to break the tie starts from scratch.

4 Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Cluelass (leader) Tim, chrissie, Becky
3 Maze: Broken Tower Lady Kestrel (leader) Tim, furgotten
3 Royal Trouble Tim (leader) furgotten, Becky
3 Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge Cluelass (leader) Becky, Tim
2 Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s Metzengerstein Tim (leader) Becky
2 Nevertales: Hidden Doorway Cluelass (leader) Becky
1 Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (leader)

All the above games have leaders.  Smile Of the above games, only Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen requires the CE version to properly finish the game. Also, Cluelass thinks Nevertales and Sable Maze should be played as a pair, similar to the way we played the first two Enigmatis games. You can vote for either game individually, or vote for the pair by giving each game a vote.

Cadenza in the lead by one vote. Five games within two votes. Tight race so far. And there quite a few regulars who we haven’t heard from. Also a lot of time for more nominations.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of November 10. Final update. No changes Day 1. Ten days to go.

We will continue the standard process. Nominations and voting will last 15 days and will close on either November 20 or if we go three straight days with no new posts. If there is a tie, everyone, including those who didn’t vote, is eligible to cast one vote for one of the tied games. Tie-break voting will last five days. If there is still a tie, the person running the voting process, (me in this case,) will break the tie. This differs slightly from the AGCPT process in that there are no carry-over votes. Voting to break the tie starts from scratch.

All the above games have leaders.  Smile Of the above games, only Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen requires the CE version to properly finish the game. Also, Cluelass thinks Nevertales and Sable Maze should be played as a pair, similar to the way we played the first two Enigmatis games. You can vote for either game individually, or vote for the pair by giving each game a vote.

Cadenza in the lead by one vote. Five games within two votes. Tight race so far. And there quite a few regulars who we haven’t heard from: Iznogood, TimovieMan, Crabapple, Colpet, Sefir, Dara100, et al. Also a lot of time for more nominations.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of November 11. Final update. No changes Day 2. If there are no changes tomorrow, we will have a winner. Nine days (maybe) to go.

We will continue the standard process. Nominations and voting will last 15 days and will close on either November 20, or if we go three straight days with no new posts. If there is a tie, everyone, including those who didn’t vote, is eligible to cast one vote for one of the tied games. Tie-break voting will last five days. If there is still a tie, the person running the voting process, (me in this case,) will break the tie. This differs slightly from the AGCPT process in that there are no carry-over votes. Voting to break the tie starts from scratch.

Cadenza in the lead by one vote. Five games within two votes. Tight race so far. And there quite a few regulars who we haven’t heard from: Iznogood, TimovieMan, Crabapple, Colpet, Sefir, Dara100, et al. Also a lot of time for more nominations.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of November 12. Final update. No changes Day 3. We have a winner.

Cluelass, you will be leading Cadenza.

I must say that I am disappointed in the lack of participation by those who have participated in the past.

I can also say that, because of the lack of participation, I am no longer interested in trying to drum up enthusiasm for the casual playthrough. I hope somebody else will take on the task.

Cluelass, the stage is yours. Post the playthrough thread when you are ready. I’m sure TimovieMan will pin it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Well, that was a surprise! I was kinda counting on starting after Thanksgiving, but with a small number of players we could zoom through before the holiday weekend. Can we have a quick show of hands on whether to go now, or wait until after the turkey coma wears off?

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thanksgiving is an American thing. I guess the answer to your question depends on how many eventual participants live in the US. I do, but turkey day won’t affect may ability to participate, so I’m in.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m ready to go whenever!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I can start this week as soon as I sort out a few odds and ends at home.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

That sounds good to me! I will post this evening (Pacific time).

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

One thing you will notice is that leading a game will vault you to the coveted status of “SR Member” in a heartbeat.  Laughing

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Even less than a heartbeat! Looking forward to Cadenza.

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

rtrooney - 13 November 2016 08:39 PM

One thing you will notice is that leading a game will vault you to the coveted status of “SR Member” in a heartbeat.  Laughing

Gosh!! I’d like to thank the academy…

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I can also say that, because of the lack of participation, I am no longer interested in trying to drum up enthusiasm for the casual playthrough. I hope somebody else will take on the task.

But I think it’s about time. Anyone?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

I’d just as soon wait until after New Year’s. Every other month or once a quarter is enough for me, even though the games are relatively short.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top