• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Unavowed by Wadjet Eye Games

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Couldn’t care less about Walker’s opinion on anything, but Adventuregamers gave it a glowing five-star review, so I’m having high hopes.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Same here, I was not expecting to be playing this game at launch, but with all the glowing reviews and Wadjet Eye’s reputation, it is a day one game for me. Congrats Dave and hope it sells extremely well.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Downloading now.  Also my first day/week one AG purchase for at least 20 years!

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

dumbeur - 08 August 2018 05:39 PM

Also probably your first 800x600 purchase for at least 20 years.

Btw I noticed from the review:

Most humans – dubbed “mundanes” here

- is that a Babylon 5 cue?  Wink

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

got my first two new recruits. I still liking the game but not loving it and I dont know why, but im having a good time

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Automatic look is my favorite new feature.

Dave Gilbert on twitter:

So. I am pleased to announce that after eight hours, Unavowed has broken our day 1 sales record.

Congrats

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

cyfoyjvx - 08 August 2018 10:02 PM

From memory that’s a Skulduggery Pleasant cue.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Jabod - 09 August 2018 07:21 AM

Had to look it up..

“Skulduggery Pleasant is a series of fantasy books by Derek Landy (2004-2017)”

Eh.. B5 did it first.  Tongue

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

cyfoyjvx - 09 August 2018 07:35 AM
Jabod - 09 August 2018 07:21 AM

Had to look it up..

“Skulduggery Pleasant is a series of fantasy books by Derek Landy (2004-2017)”

Eh.. B5 did it first.  Tongue

True but they were the non-telepaths whereas, in Skulduggery, they are the non magical people which relates better to Unavowed so Tongue back at yer Grin

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Grin Actually far from it but that’s beside your point.

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

Well, I got it day one, which is a first for me, and before reading any review, which is never a smart move even though Wadjet Eye Games have yet to disappoint me.
So seeing the RPG and AG reviews is a relief, and a big motivation to bump it on the top of my to do list. Heart Eyes

The downside of this is that now I may be a bit over-hyped about this game.

By the way I played it 15 min or so yesterday evening to have a peak, and it looks pretty fine. It’s a bit odd having a mute and faceless main character, though, but I guess that was inevitable considering the character customization.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’m on day 5 I think. I’m kinda enjoying the game, especially the writing and humour (some very funny dialogue options), but the story itself is pretty silly, in the “team of superheroes saves the day” sort of way. There is no real depth, just that - a gang with supernatural powers deals with new “monsters” and recruits new members, mission after mission. The art is great, and the game itself is sure atmospheric (although it gets too dark and gory at moments), but it’s 80% talking, the interactivity is very limited, and the puzzles are indeed too easy. I don’t know, maybe it’s because I chose a bartender character whose “special superpower” is talking to people. But I have a feeling that’s how the whole game is like.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Finished the first “case”. Game looks promising. The characters seem interesting enough, and the overarching mystery is intriguing.

Jury’s still out on the gameplay side of things. It’s been pretty slight so far (both the adventure aspects and the RPG-like aspects), but as a strong proponent of proper difficulty curves in games, I’m OK with that. We’ll see how things develop.

However, it feels like Unavowed might end up making me write about Daughter of Serpents; I’m going to be pissed if that happens.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Doom - 09 August 2018 10:04 AM

I’m on day 5 I think. I’m kinda enjoying the game, especially the writing and humour (some very funny dialogue options), but the story itself is pretty silly, in the “team of superheroes saves the day” sort of way. There is no real depth, just that - a gang with supernatural powers deals with new “monsters” and recruits new members, mission after mission. The art is great, and the game itself is sure atmospheric (although it gets too dark and gory at moments), but it’s 80% talking, the interactivity is very limited, and the puzzles are indeed too easy. I don’t know, maybe it’s because I chose a bartender character whose “special superpower” is talking to people. But I have a feeling that’s how the whole game is like.

woo I thought I was the only one too just being like this game is just ok. I personally think the reviewers are over-hyping the rpg elements, its basically a telltale game with slightly more puzzles. I also hate the voiceless protagonist it really detracts from the game. Id rather dave just pick a sex and back story and have a voice for the character. I hear there is a reason for it later in the game but I just dont like it. Also how do you feel about the character interactions, I feel like they all get along too well. I mean you and the new recruits were mundanes just mere days ago, but now nothing is fazing them and there is no real in fighting or bickering within the group which I find odd. and yes the formula just repeats and repeats so far. go to a new area, talk to everyone, new info slowly comes to light as you talk to all of the npcs, confront the person that knows the truth about supernatural incident, solve some puzzles and confront the monster. rinse and repeat.

Now for some positives I opened up the next set of 3 missions and I did chinatown first with logan and morgana and of all the repeat patterns, that I have seen so far this is the first one that got me engaged, I enjoyed the npcs the puzzles while not hard were fun and a little challenging. And you get to meet a ghost thats too cute.

Like I said I dont love the game or hate it, just think its ok like a 7.5 or so. at least so far

Total Posts: 1260

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

wilco - 09 August 2018 03:07 AM

Automatic look is my favorite new feature.

Dave Gilbert on twitter:

So. I am pleased to announce that after eight hours, Unavowed has broken our day 1 sales record.

Congrats

And if it was released in other languages, you would sell even more…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top