• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbCharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Narrations at AdventureGames

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i have this back to the past Mode at my choices lately , and of course Sierra has The Biggest Share (for me).

Does anyone Miss the Narration in Adventures as how it was almost at ALL of Sierra’s ?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Well i have to say that Harvey’s New eyes really fulfilled the craving for a Narrator in Adventures to me

there is always something neat about the narrations in an Adventure Game , like me imagining Roger Wilco’s voice (SQ4 and 6) saying/doing all descriptions/the comments instead of Gary Owens Voice!! .. without his sarcasm through the game that always made it much fun and who else would make fun of Roger’s actions all through the game..

Seriously Long Live Daedalic for bringing back a lot Features from the classical Adventuring era .. back to life.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Im playing harveys new eyes as well, and indeed, the narrator they got is quite talented and he really helps the games humor work. Just like the breakout, some of the english voiceacting is so-so, but the most important parts they really nailed perfectly.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Al Emmo has the best narrator ever.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

The GK1 narration by Virginia Capers was so awesome. Moody, creepy, and totally immersive.

And of course Gary Owens in SQ 4 and 6.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

No wonder that Gray owns that voice pitch that adds to his sarcasm Lines making them anyone hilarious and simply make melmfao  i tried to know
why am i mentioning this; because i can swear that every line Gary had spoke at SQ4-6 was so perfectly written/crafted to crack me up no matter how many times i replayed th games and what to say to Gary as Sam always said to Max you Crack me up Little Buddy Tongue , so hilarious than the best’s that ever come out of likes Ali-G or Jim Carrey’s or whoever/whatever your taste is.

Edit: this inquiry more like memorial and appreciating for the 3 guys(Scott and Mark) and Gary and a consideration for their upcoming contribution since more than a decade AspaceVenture. and may i add josh Mandel who is the heck is Josh Mandel maybe he is behing one of the stars out of two that SQ6 got here at AG Grin

Enjoy some Memorable Lines from Space Quest 6

and Space Quest 4

and i also wonder how Gray voice sounds now

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The problem for me is, it’s rarely done well. GK1, Space Quest 4, and a few others. But I find Gary Owens tiresome after listening to him for a long time. He’s great, but you have to take him in small doses because he talks so much

The 7th Guest had the idea having the villain playing the role of the narrator as well. I Have No Mouth and Must Scream had a similar idea.

Honestly I don’t think it matters whether it’s a narrator or a main character like Tex doing the descriptions, as long as they have personality.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 17 November 2012 11:08 PM

Honestly I don’t think it matters whether it’s a narrator or a main character like Tex doing the descriptions, as long as they have personality.

with you totally at this ,Oscar, also could call Tex’s more of a self narrations; always giving more than describing the surroundings..  he goes further into giving background and details about things that is hardly can be called a descriptions
add Peter wright and Ray McCoy maybe at a lower shelf that narration style but still their descriptions get you all time in touch with their inner feelings.

any book turned into a movie never gets any better! right?
and narration line can describe something otherwise would demands a developer to make a cut scene instead

S.Gordon , K.Walker ,and that guys from Sanitarium as well i can not really get/remember a certain line from my memory now (need to get back to the Tube) but they had always given (imo) a some sort of deep connection with the player

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I love the narration (or inner dialog if you will) by George and Niko in the first two Broken Sword games.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2003-11-21

PM

I actually turned off the narrator in GK 1 as I felt she was just slowing the pace down to a crawl and was generally getting on my nerves.

Tex Murphy kind of narrates the action in the FMV entries of the series, explaining to the player stuff that happened off-screen as well as his inner thoughts on pretty much everything we see and hear, noir-style. If it counts, this is definitely one Adventure game narration that I love.

No good deed goes unpunished

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top