• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What happened to Kheops studios?

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2007-07-06

PM

They are one of the best adventure developers out there. I’ve played Treasure Island, Mysterious Island, Cleopatra and Nostradamus so many times! I wish they would come back to making solid exploration inventory historical adventure games! Please let us know if Kheops is working on something at the moment or send a note of support their way Smile

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

If you haven’t done so already you absolutely must play Voyage to the Moon and Dracula: Path of the Dragon too; for me, Kheops best two games.

I would also like to know what has happened to this company.

I strongly doubt we will see any more games from them Frown

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Yes I wondered too. They made a series of good, high-quality games and then suddenly it stopped. According to the info page about Kheops here on AG they are now making some casual games series but I’d like to see them develop a real game again.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

tsa - 16 August 2012 09:32 AM

Yes I wondered too. They made a series of good, high-quality games and then suddenly it stopped. According to the info page about Kheops here on AG they are now making some casual games series but I’d like to see them develop a real game again.

Kheops said they don’t have any money to do that.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

The Secrets of Da Vinci and Safecracker are also great Kheops games. I’d love to see a new historical adventure as well from that studio. Please don’t be done, Kheops.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Kheops need to get their games on Steam/GOG and run a short sale to get that money needed. I think it would be very beneficial.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2008-04-03

PM

As long as Kheops are alive there’s a very good chance they’ll make more adventure games again as soon as some funding appears - they’re not a huge studio that needs a lot of money to maintain. To back up that claim a bit… At Gamescom I met Private Moon Studios - who also kept quiet for several years - and they are doing surprisingly well with AGON 5 and other major projects well on their way. Similarly Lexis-Numerique known for experimental titles like In Memoriam and Experience 112 from a good few years ago have found funding for a huge project that will top those two in scale and ambition.

www.hardydev.com - blogging about indie and underground adventures

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Ascovel - 20 August 2012 07:38 AM

As long as Kheops are alive there’s a very good chance they’ll make more adventure games again as soon as some funding appears - they’re not a huge studio that needs a lot of money to maintain. To back up that claim a bit… At Gamescom I met Private Moon Studios - who also kept quiet for several years - and they are doing surprisingly well with AGON 5 and other major projects well on their way. Similarly Lexis-Numerique known for experimental titles like In Memoriam and Experience 112 from a good few years ago have found funding for a huge project that will top those two in scale and ambition.

Both pieces of news are great to hear. I’m anxiously awaiting AGON 5 and Experiment 112 was an incredibly promising and ambitious game only let down by its execution.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2005-05-28

PM

a guy on FB just told me the company closed down this past January.
Most devastating. Cry

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I really enjoyed the Fall Trilogy. Meh That is sad to hear. Can anyone confirm this?

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1076

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I’m afraid its true that web site doesnt exist anymore.
What a great list of games developed in last 8 years,
i hope we can hear anytime soon from the team.
The Egyptian Prophecy (2004)
Crystal Key 2 (2004)
Return to Mysterious Island (2005)
ECHO: Secrets of the Lost Cavern (2005)
Voyage: Inspired by Jules Verne (2005)
The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript (2006)
SafeCracker The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure (2006)
Destination Treasure Island (2006)
Cleopatra a Queen’s Destiny (2007)
Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy (2007)
Dracula 3 - The Path of the Dragon (2008)
Return to Mysterious Island II (2009)
The Fall Trilogy: Separation (2009)
The Fall Trilogy 2: Reconstruction (2010)
The Fall Trilogy 3: Revelation (2011)

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2004-02-18

PM

This is sad to hear. They were among the studios who kept the genre alive during the last decade. Now that it’s “back”, at least if current trends are to believed, it must be very devastating for them that they can’t be around to reap the benefits.

My favourite Kheops-games are Return to Mysterious Island and Nostradamus. RtMI was fresh and innovative, and had a great feel. Nostradamus was just rock solid, with great puzzles. There’s also Journey to the Moon, which was insane and lots of fun, and Dracula 3 which was a little too puzzle-heavy and difficult for me, but still a game I liked a lot.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I’m sad they’re gone. I’ve played 7 of their games, one unfinished. My favorites are Return to Mysterious Island 1 + 2, and puzzle game Safecracker. The Path of the Dragon had a terrific, sinister atmosphere and it would probably be one of my favorites too, but I didn’t finish it when I ran into a bug.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m yet to play majority of Kheops games, and I can’t wait for it. I love historical adventures. Kheops is Cryo of the 2000s, not only because of the theme, but because Cryo folks went on to work with Kheops. Like LucasArts/Telltale. That’s why I’m sure we’ll hear more from this talented bunch.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i too have played very little but i really enjoyed Secrets of DaVinci….

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’ve played all of them, even their casual game. I was very sorry to hear they’d closed. I guess the casual didn’t make them as much money as they’d hoped.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top