• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Full Throttle remastered announced

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

It’s your problem, apparently. The people who toil in their bedrooms and coffee shops to make indie and freeware games aren’t employed by Double Fine (or Telltale or any other well-established studio) – remasters don’t in any way keep them from continuing to do what they do.

Your belief that remasters somehow prevent original adventure games from being made is nonsense. Therefore they are entirely harmless, and if you aren’t interested, just don’t play them.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Oscar - 10 December 2015 07:34 PM
after a brisk nap - 10 December 2015 10:56 AM

What a joke! Original games aren’t limited by all the talented “programmers” being too busy doing remasters, they’re limited by the fact that most of them want a steady job and a decent salary, which means doing the projects you can get funded.

That’s their problem, isn’t it? Samorost was released by a student - no income, no job, and probably very little time. And it was free. It was also better and more creative than Broken Age. Dozens of great freeware games are released each month. So no, I don’t buy the argument that we need remasters to provide a job for programmers and increase the popularity of AGs.

So because there are people who can afford to do freeware games, that means all developers who have families to feed and mortgages to pay need to work for free making freewares? That’s your argument?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Not at all. They can do whatever they want to do, it’s their life. I certainly won’t be shedding tears if there are no more Broken Ages or Lost Horizon 2s.

after a brisk nap - 10 December 2015 10:44 PM

Your belief that remasters somehow prevent original adventure games from being made is nonsense. Therefore they are entirely harmless, and if you aren’t interested, just don’t play them.

If the belief that all developers must be employed for big bucks by establish companies was around at the time of Zork (also made by students), we wouldn’t have an adventure game scene at all. You owe more to these kinds of entrepreneurs than you think, and certainly more than I owe to the wage structure of Telltale.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Oscar - 11 December 2015 01:52 AM

If the belief that all developers must be employed for big bucks by establish companies was around at the time of Zork (also made by students), we wouldn’t have an adventure game scene at all. You owe more to these kinds of entrepreneurs than you think, and certainly more than I owe to the wage structure of Telltale.

Nonsense Oscar. While the 80’s was also the era of small action and reaction games, adventure was as a genre the one that was AAA of it’s time. The big companies of the era were those that produced quality adventure games, be them graphical or text adventures. That’s why quite many companies, including interplay, tried their hands in making adventure games before finding their calling on other genres.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2015-12-11

PM

I always wonder why all these remakes/remasters have a subpar graphics comparing them to originals (just look at the Monkey Island 1 or Gabriel Knight).
Is it because the new artists are underpaid and makes them do lazy or hurried work or those original artists were so much better and more talented and now Adventure game developers cannot afford those kind of artists?
It really is a shame Frown and as long the situation is like that I don’t see a reason for releasing them except for compatibility reasons. (Though they are 99% solved using ScummVm and DosBox)

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

I wouldn`t say Grim Fandango Remastered had subpar graphics compared to original and Day of the Tentacle Remastered seems to be extremely fine polished version too. Double Fine has done good job with these two games so I have full trust they know what they do with Full Throttle too.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2015-12-11

PM

I wouldn’t say that GF is a good example as it was only a switch to a higher resolution of a 3D game, so there wasn’t any new art.
Regarding DotT I don’t like the new look, it looks way too crisp and clean like some Flash game and LSL remake (but probably with better animation).

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

rOn GIlBert - 11 December 2015 08:48 PM

I always wonder why all these remakes/remasters have a subpar graphics comparing them to originals (just look at the Monkey Island 1 or Gabriel Knight).

Ahem.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

@rOn GllBert
I see your point but I wouldn`t say Monkey Island and Gabriel Knight remakes are good examples either, because they are remakes and Full Throttle is not and because MI and GK aren`t Double Fine products..

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

diego - 12 December 2015 10:10 AM
rOn GIlBert - 11 December 2015 08:48 PM

Ahem.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Tad - 10 December 2015 12:28 AM

Surely if GF2 was going to happen it would have on the back of good sales of the remaster?

I personally wouldn’t want a GF2 as the first one was meh Smile

So you’ve managed to trash DOTT and GF, 2 of the greatest adventures ever made (DOTT being the best AG of all time).

Good job Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Burge - 13 December 2015 05:10 AM
Tad - 10 December 2015 12:28 AM

Surely if GF2 was going to happen it would have on the back of good sales of the remaster?

I personally wouldn’t want a GF2 as the first one was meh Smile

So you’ve managed to trash DOTT and GF, 2 of the greatest adventures ever made (DOTT being the best AG of all time).

Good job Thumbs Up

To add more, I don’t think the Monkey island series was great either. Smile

I don’t think any of them are bad as such, I just personally don’t hold them at such high regard. That’s all.

If there’s any ill feeling or hate towards me for this, you should direct it at TimovieMan Tongue

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Tad - 13 December 2015 11:52 AM

If there’s any ill feeling or hate towards me for this, you should direct it at TimovieMan Tongue

Because you know I don’t care? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

TimovieMan - 13 December 2015 03:44 PM
Tad - 13 December 2015 11:52 AM

Because you know I don’t care? Tongue

Hehe Grin

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1623

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

just beat this is honor of the remaster coming next yr and it still one of my personal favorite games of all time and def my favorite Tim Schafer game. going back though the game there really is very few interactive spots and really not a lot of dialogue at all, and the death total in the game is a lot especially for a lucas arts adventure game. lets see Malcolm Corely gets killed in graphic detail. Ripburger dies, his two henchman get blown up, the truck driver explodes on the bridge, and about three cave fish die in the cave (most likely) lol.

Anyways love the music by the gone jackels and just the world building, very mad max even though tim said it was not post apocalyptic. Would love a revist to this world one day, doesnt have to be with the Polecats,it has a huge universe

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top