• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 9 August 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I wouldn’t even know about the existence of Chewy: Esc from F5 if it hadn’t been featured in the Adventure game scene uh game thread a few times (several years ago, back when I still paid attention to that thread). And I know nothing about it, except that it has a clever name, looks cute, and was made by a German company called New Generation Software (which doesn’t seem to have left much of a mark on the adventure genre).

Any opinions?

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I liked it at first. And then I didn’t. Got bored, I suppose. IMO a mediocre game.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

Do you know Tequila boom boom?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Guns n’ Roses did a decent cover of that.

Never played the game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lucien21 - 09 August 2012 03:12 PM

Guns n’ Roses did a decent cover of that.

My favourite version!

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Kurufinwe - 09 August 2012 11:01 AM

Chewy: Esc from F5… I know nothing about it

Lucky you.

Kurufinwe - 09 August 2012 11:01 AM

Any opinions?

One of the worst adventures I played: the story is so stupid (if there is any, I never managed to completely understand what I was doing in that game and why) and the “humo(u)r” only adds insult to injury. Skip it by all means.

On the positive side: the graphics was/were good (for 1995) and there were a couple of interesting puzzles.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i thought the scene of the day cared about Games considered to be the Gems of Adventures or even close to, but its not so bad to give a place for the bad ones as well. Grin

i always loved the Cartoony Themed Adventures ,More than those trying to be Realistic, but this one was a biggest failure of them all, even the tile escaping From F5 makes you wonder how the developers failed to understand Humor in the 1st place

the only feature held in Chewy that would make me say anything good about (and only if i considered it was released in 1995)  ,is that i will be sent sent back to an earlier point when i accrue a death scene within a supposedly cutscene! Pan

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I watched a playthrough of some of the game on YouTube.  A couple of spots made me smile, but it seemed very “talky.”

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Sherlin (or should I say “Spam Bot”), would you be so kind as to explain to us what that site you linked to (the one with that vampire chick) has to do with a game we’re talking about here (which is, apparently, Chewy: Esc from F5)?

I mean, beside the fact you like it.

Edit: I referred to a post by someone called “sherlin”, a post now deleted.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

As always I’m the one that likes the game everyone hates.  Neutral I Enjoyed Chewy once I got through the first part. Long game too. Only thing I didn’t like was th high pitched “What are you doing?!” everytime I tried something unnecessary.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 09 August 2012 05:51 PM

i thought the scene of the day cared about Games considered to be the Gems of Adventures or even close to, but its not so bad to give a place for the bad ones as well.

A lot of the ‘Gems of Adventure’ get a lot of exposure anyway so I think it’s great, with there being hundreds plus of games I’ve never played or even heard of, to have scenes from a variety of games, good, bad & lower profile, to generate discussion & opinions about them which I really enjoy reading.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I can remember the fact that I played this game years ago but I remember hardly anything about it except the graphics. I still have the CD somewhere, but I can’t really say i’m tempted to fire it up for a replay.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I like the graphical style, but after reading what you guys have to say about it I’m not really tempted to try it out.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 10 August 2012 11:15 AM

I like the graphical style, but after reading what you guys have to say about it I’m not really tempted to try it out.

^ This.

The graphics make me think of Day of the Tentacle, but reading all that criticism… No, thanks.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top