• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleVeoviszobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Day of the Tentacle Remastered announced!

Total Posts: 197

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

Just seen this!

http://www.geeksnack.com/2015/10/23/day-of-the-tentacle-special-edition-to-receive-new-details-screenshots-later-today/

New screenshots will come later Smile

This is a good news for me, because that’s one adventure game I never got to play! (ouch, please, stop with those rocks! :p) I was more into the Sierra games at the time.

French creator & solo developer of “BROK the InvestiGator” (coming soon) and “Demetrios” (Available on PC, iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It was announced a long time ago but will be nice to finally see some screenshots

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/4608/

Total Posts: 197

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

Ah! I wasn’t aware of it, sorry for starting another topic in that case Smile

French creator & solo developer of “BROK the InvestiGator” (coming soon) and “Demetrios” (Available on PC, iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch)

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Let’s hope that the game does actually look like how it’s on that picture: an actually upgraded version of the art style that was good to begin with. It would be a damned shame if they’d manage to f-up the same way the devs did on MI1 remake (on a side note though, I like MI2 remake quite a bit.)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Looking good (if true image)

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Here’s some screenshots:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/23/9605322/day-of-the-tentacle-remastered-screenshots

Edit: Oh, and this Eurogamer article describes some of the features:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-23-day-of-the-tentacle-remastered-debuts-screenshots

This restoration will feature all new hand-drawn, high-res artwork along with remastered audio, music and sound effects.

There will also be a commentary track by the game’s original creators: Tim Schafer, Dave Grossman, Larry Ahern, Peter Chan, Peter McConnell and Clint Bajakian.

As was the case with the Special Editions of Monkey Island 1 & 2, Day of the Tentacle Remastered will allow you to toggle between the new and old artwork at the touch of a button. It will also feature an optional new UI should you want to play with a verb dial rather than a grid of commands at the bottom of the screen.

Just like the original Day of the Tentacle, this restoration will contain the entirety of Maniac Mansion as an in-game bonus.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Caliburn - 23 October 2015 11:02 PM

Here’s some screenshots:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/23/9605322/day-of-the-tentacle-remastered-screenshots

Edit: Oh, and this Eurogamer article describes some of the features:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-23-day-of-the-tentacle-remastered-debuts-screenshots

This restoration will feature all new hand-drawn, high-res artwork along with remastered audio, music and sound effects.

There will also be a commentary track by the game’s original creators: Tim Schafer, Dave Grossman, Larry Ahern, Peter Chan, Peter McConnell and Clint Bajakian.

As was the case with the Special Editions of Monkey Island 1 & 2, Day of the Tentacle Remastered will allow you to toggle between the new and old artwork at the touch of a button. It will also feature an optional new UI should you want to play with a verb dial rather than a grid of commands at the bottom of the screen.

Just like the original Day of the Tentacle, this restoration will contain the entirety of Maniac Mansion as an in-game bonus.

AND...

Schaefer and Double Fine also plan to bring out more beloved Lucasarts games in the future.

hmm, that a clear unannounced announcement of Full Throttle…

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

I’m excited for this!

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Looks more like a Grim Fandango remaster than a Monkey Island one. Not much discernible difference in the actual art,  just looks crisper.

I liked the boldness of the MOnkey Island changes. Not everything was better, but at least there were discernible differences in the art.

Not getting excited by what I’m seeing there.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Man, that looks very nice. So nice in fact, that it made me wonder if they found the original artwork from somewhere and re-scanned it, as it seems to be pretty much 1:1 with the original.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

tomimt - 24 October 2015 03:01 AM

Man, that looks very nice. So nice in fact, that it made me wonder if they found the original artwork from somewhere and re-scanned it, as it seems to be pretty much 1:1 with the original.

They’ve probably just run the backgrounds through VectorMagic or some similar program and then cleaned them up a little by hand. That should work well enough given the art style. I think I can even see a couple of vectorization errors they didn’t catch in that comparison screen.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Looks really faithful to the original, nothing wrong with that, and with ability to jump between the 2 versions like MI, it’s how it should be done. Hope it doesn’t take long to be released, I’m anxious to play it again.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

tomimt - 24 October 2015 03:04 AM

Here’s the comparision pic in fullscreen: http://apps.voxmedia.com/at/polygon-day-of-the-tentacle-remastered/?initialWidth=662&childId=polygon-day-of-the-tentacle-remastered__graphic

So, so nice.

Looks greaat!
Will finally finish it.

Smile

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Great. Can’t wait!

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

after a brisk nap - 24 October 2015 03:19 AM

They’ve probably just run the backgrounds through VectorMagic or some similar program and then cleaned them up a little by hand. That should work well enough given the art style. I think I can even see a couple of vectorization errors they didn’t catch in that comparison screen.

I asked about this at DF forums and got an replay that states that all the background art is re-drawn from scratch. So any vectorizarion errors you think you see, are not that.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top