• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

... Adventures like Machinarium and Botanicula?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I dont think there are many Adventures out there without (Gameplaying) Dialogues,.
I tried to search the net if these Games Like Botanicula,NeverHood,Machinarium have like a sub genre of Adventure Games or not, but anyway i found they Still Called Adventures.

ALL Those Games i mentioned ,add to them Samorost Trilogy are all i know of these Kind of Adventures, i guess those Adventures are like they say in French (crème de la crème) of Adventures…
i will surely not gonna go through why i think they are. Smile

All i wonder/Want if there are other Adventures Like those (which seem very Rare) that i missed or someone maybe can give a full list of them.

Thanks.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Gobliiins?

Are you looking for games without any text or speech at all? Or just ones with no dialogue - because there are plenty of those.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i can not be precise with that, but are those i mentioned can not be considered without dialogue (Only)

I dont know just these kind of Games,but lets say with speech, sounds more right what i want, and i will use in the title instead of Dialogue .

Yes Gobliiins but i missed the four of them , though i played Woodruff Many times… kinda to late to start for me!

but i still want to know like what you mean with plenty of those.(without Dialogue)

Thanks Oscar Grin

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

The Neverhood has some speech. On the tapes you find.

UFOs aka Gnap. A creature from outer space stranded on Earth. He speaks Alien and makes interesting cranial movements. One or two hillbillies make unimportant sounds that are supposed to be English, but nothing non-natives like you and me should be concerned about. I don’t think I understood a single thing they said. A really nice, enjoyable but short game. Highly recommended.

Dogday doesn’t have speech at all. You’re a dog. Not a good game.

Isabelle has only voiceovers by two people who occasionally comment on what’s happening on the screen. But everybody else speak gibberish with the occasional “merde!” thrown in. I liked Isabelle for its experimental character. Too weird for most people.

I’m sure there are many more…

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Fien i have to admit you always mention adventures that i have no idea about Smile

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m a bit confused Advie as to what you’re asking? Initially it seemed you meant games without speech including dialogue which can be unvoiced. The only game I’ve played that fits both is Botanicula, an exploratory game with a few clues provided by gestures & visons which worked excellently in that game. If you mean AGs without voiced speech i.e. via dialogue only - there are many Indie games!

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

The Tiny Bang Story is very similar to the Amanita games and is much better than the AG review would suggest.  Try the demo.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

Axel & Pixel is one that i enjoyed a lot and it had beautiful graphics too.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2009-06-17

PM

Some lesser-known Amanita adventures include The Quest for the Rest, a free game made to promote the Polyphonic Spree’s second album, and Osada, a kind of weird music video with a cowboy theme (I’ll never quite understand what it is with Czechs and cowboys…).

The game ‘Windosill’ is sort of in the same ballpark as an Amanita game, though you might call it more of a puzzle than an adventure.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

I think there are at least several samorost-like games out there but now I can’t remember any names. I’ve also played quite a bunch of flash online adventure games with no speech and puzzle gameplay, but I don’t think they worth mentioning.

I’m more interest if there is something more like The Neverhood (or Machinarium if we can put it in the same bag). I mean a game which feels more like an ordinary adventure (and not a puzzle game) but lacks the speech because of the obscure setting and outlook. I know that there is a little speech in the neverhood but i can hardly count it. The thing I love about those games is that their atmosphere is so alien and unnatural that any kind of speech (except alien or unnatural Smile ) would ruin the magic. Unfortunately I can’t think of any other game like that.

p.s. while talking about this Oddworld: Abe’s Odyssey popped in mind. It’s not an adventure, but a hybrid between an arcade and a puzzle game, but it somehow got that atmosphere i’m talking about. again, it has “some” speech but it’s not part of the gameplay except for a few speech commands (like hello, follow me) that you can give to other fellows.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I don’t think Alone in the Dark has any dialogue.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i got my hands on The Tiny Bang Story , it seems like what i am really looking for.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Updating the thread with a few newies:

Candle
Dark Train
Karma. Incarnation 1

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Have you played Bulb Boy yet? It’s exactly what you’re looking for.

Oops, I almost forgot: You can try Fire by Daedalic, too. It’s not as close to your type of games as Bulb Boy, but you might like it anyway.

Edit: Gomo seems cute, too.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top