• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventuring on handheld systems - Hotel Dusk

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

You’re right, Hotel Dusk was great, I should try to find a moment to play it again. And your disucssion reminds me how much I loved the DS catalogue.
I remember even playing Runaway 2 on DS, which had several bugs and the texts were hard to read (without the original voices), but still it was great to have the game in my pocket!

I don’t know what I would buy nowaydays (ipad or switch). I have been very disapointed by Wii U, which I liked a lot in fact, but was really underused compared to its capacities. I bought it at the beginning at full price and waited, waiiiited for the games to release. I have a few ones that I enjoyed, but the amount of good games is ridiculous compared to the other Nintendo consoles. This is a reason why I am being cautious with the Switch.

In the meantime I continue to have the 3DS in my pocket when I’m not at home, and there are games - even though they are not great adventures like on the DS at the time - which are still very interesting to discover because they contain a few puzzles, rich stories and some strategy/thinking (Luigi’s Mansion, Zelda ALBW, Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros, Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, Layton, Ace Attorney, Virtue’s Last Reward, SMT Devil Survivor…)
Anyone played Detective Pikachu?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am going with the iPad mini 5 due to battery life. I will keep my eye on the switch it is a maybe.

Handheld gaming is still alive and well, both the Switch and iPad have huge libraries of games.

Lastly, the iPad mini has a far better screen as well.

Detective Pokémon sounds like a wonderful game, I may get my 3DS out of the closet to play it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top