• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Place that… uh, game

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Lady Kestrel - 24 May 2012 12:21 PM

I’ll guess Dreamfall, Gray.

And I will guess The Longest Journey then Tongue

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Lady Kestrel - 24 May 2012 12:21 PM

I’ll guess Dreamfall, Gray.

And you’re right! I knew it was too easy choosing one of my all time favorites but it was too hard to resist. Will come up with something more clever next time.(whenever that may be)

Anyway: your turn!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Zoe Castilo its Grin ... i missed that Grin
i know that Lady Kestrel is preparing to give us the hardest ever.

and gray hope you forget about my previous post, i feel bad about it .

Peace

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Adventurere No.1 - 24 May 2012 02:02 PM

Zoe Castilo its Grin ... i missed that Grin

and gray hope you forget about my previous post, i feel bad about it .

Peace

Only just saw your post. You actually make a valid point. Allow me to explain: though indeed many AG characters are trying to find a purpose in life there are few games that really build the story arounbd that journey as much as Dreamfall does. For instance in Syberia Kate Walker is not hopelessly lost and feeling completely like living life without meaning. She just discovers on the way that things aren’t always as good as they seem and that life can take a different course and mayhaps better ona alltogether. In TLJ April actually has a purpose. She wants to graduate and become a famous artist. And than she assumes she’
ll be the next guardian giving a very clear purpose in life. In Dreamfall however she doesn’t know what her purpose is anymore. Her certain belief that she was the guardian was kicked out from under. She’s lost the only world known to her and now wonder a world that is not her own without having any idea what her role in it is. Same goes for Zoe Castillo who can’t find meaning in anything in her life and her journey to find something worth fighting for.

That’s why I feel that more than any other game Dreamfall is about people trying to find a purpose in life.

But perhaps I’m wrong. It’s only my opinion after all

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

no Gray you werent wrong at all you were just a little reticent .

and one thing else if you look at diego’s 1st post he was Glossary, which gives this thread/Quiz kinda of obliging the players to remember and think (Squeeze their mind) more, than just giving a guess.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ahem..!
i guess i would say ..Ladies first Grin

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I hate to see diego’s effort going down the drain!

here i go, and i hope that no one mind :-

it is one of the famous Adventure Games, ever (back then), but at the same time it was one of the main reasons to force major Adventures developing companies to shut down ...  later on

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Hmm.. Myst?

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Perhaps Maniac Mansion (use of SCUMM)?

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Oscar - 29 May 2012 11:50 PM

Hmm.. Myst?

According to “all your history” that’s the correct answer.Tongue

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 29 May 2012 11:50 PM

Hmm.. Myst?

where is your fearsome Avatar Oscar ? Sarcastic

That is correct ... your turn, man

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

*bump*

Oscar?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Oscar? Anyone?

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

If you ever wanted to date a teacher, now’s your chance.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

...or to do gardening

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top