• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Clandestiny on Windows XP

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

I’m trying to install some old games on my Windows XP machine. Many of the Windows 95 era games are fine but having an issue with Clandestiny.

First, the video screen was all garbled and I researched and found the clanfix.zip. I used that and it fixed the garbled video screen.

However, now when I play, stuff just doesnt appear on screen. The Guide book to Scotland doesnt appear on screen when clicked. When I click to save, the words “Save” and “Cancel” don’t appear. And when I get to the first puzzle, the sugar cubes all disappear when the puzzle starts.

Annoying, I uninstalled and tried with the video garbled screen and those elements DO appear, just its so garbled you can’t play.

Ugh!

I tried all compatibility modes and stuff and nothing, same thing every time. I tried disabling DirectX acceleration etc, still no go.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Can’t help you, sorry. Just wanted to say that I’ve tried several times to get Clandestiny working on my old win98 computer and I don’t even get past the Welcome screen!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

What happens on the welcome screen? Is the video all garbled, like repeated 3 times or so, looks like a TV with poor vertical hold?

If so I can help.

Meanwhile, I switched over to an old Windows 98 computer and managed to get Clandestiny running fine.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Phod - 13 September 2015 04:36 AM

What happens on the welcome screen? Is the video all garbled, like repeated 3 times or so, looks like a TV with poor vertical hold?

No, it more or less freezes. The cursor becomes spastic and changes from a gnarly hand into a blue or brown eye, but it’s impossible to click on anything. That’s it. Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn’t help. Had to turn the computer off. I reinstalled the game, tried again, same result.

Meanwhile, I switched over to an old Windows 98 computer and managed to get Clandestiny running fine.

Good for you! I wish I could say the same…
Let us know if you like the game.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Weird! No clue.

Yah, I’ve tried it before just never finished it. Figured after just replaying through 11th Hour, I’d try out its puzzles too.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top