• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GirlbrushThreepWoodVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kickstarter Concerns

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I received my poster, t-shirt and sticker on the 21 July from Doublefine and I got an email from BFG yesterday about my free GOG game…

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I emailed the company doing the DFA shipments and this is what I heard back:

I asked my boss about the Women’s Small DFA shirts, and it turns out we haven’t shipped them yet. Sorry for the misinformation! We’re not exactly sure when the Women’s Small shirts will be getting shipped out, but it will definitely be before the end of August.

So - if anyone else is waiting for a women’s small shirt, don’t worry. (Yet!) Smile

To the original poster, I suggest emailing a second time, with a subject line like “Forum password doesn’t work - 2nd attempt to contact you - please reply!!” It might be that they’re swamped with emails, but in my customer service days that’s the type of subject line that would make me feel bad and make sure it got taken care of.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

This thread has reminded me that I haven’t had any e-mail about this new Space Venture forum either since they announced its forthcoming existence on Kickstarter several weeks back. Meh

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I received an email for the Spaceventure website earlier this week. There isn’t much on there yet, and the community button links to the spacequest.net forum.

I think they’ll be rolling out site features soon, but for now are staggering signups to not overload servers.

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2008-12-19

PM

inm8#2 - 01 August 2012 10:57 PM

I received an email for the Spaceventure website earlier this week. There isn’t much on there yet, and the community button links to the spacequest.net forum.

I think they’ll be rolling out site features soon, but for now are staggering signups to not overload servers.

I received my e-mail over two weeks ago, but as I indicated above, it contained a password I was supposed to use to sign up, but it was invalid. 

Did you receive a password and, if so, was it valid?

Joined 2008-12-19

PM

Just to be fair to the developers, I thought I should post an update on my experiences after my initial rant.

Grace from Pinkerton Road’s CSG got things straightened out very quickly, and I’m now receiving their monthly updates.

The SpaceVenture guys also got back to me quickly, but said that I didn’t have access to much of the backer’s web site stuff because I only pledged $15.  I had to send them a copy of my receipt from Amazon Payments that proved I had actually pledged $150.  They corrected the oversight.  But I haven’t received any updates on the project for quite some time.  Maybe I’m just spoiled by the regular updates I receive from the 5 other games I donated to. I don’t really think the SpaceVenture guys pulled any kind of scam on us, but maybe things aren’t going as smoothly as they planned.  Only time will tell.

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Was there a scam by the Two guys from Andromeda?

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Joined 2008-12-19

PM

Foinikas - 01 October 2012 09:55 AM

Was there a scam by the Two guys from Andromeda?

“Scam” is a strong word that I apologized for using in an earlier post.  However, handing out invalid passwords, recording donations to be much less than they actually were, and virtually no updates does not instill much confidence in their efforts.  The several other games I have backed provide regular updates via email, but the SpaceVenture team hasn’t sent an update in many weeks.  I can’t help but feeling a little concerned.

I could be more aggressive in tracking down information on the project myself, but my employer blocks all game-related sites, so I can’t use my lunch hour to surf for information.  My time outside of work is rather limited right now, but I do my best to keep up with the articles at this site and the email updates from the games I have backed.  A brief email pointing out new updates to the SpaceVenture project is not asking much, especially when all the other games (6 now) I backed do this as a matter of course.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2005-08-06

PM

If you guys haven’t gotten your SpaceVenture rewards login, please e-mail me: pcj AT andromedanpost dot com and I’ll get it worked out. There seemed to have been a bug when Chris ran the first set of accounts that didn’t set them up quite right.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-10-13

PM

Hi guys, first off let me apologize that this forum post ever had to be made involving SpaceVenture. I’m not gonna write a wall of text trying to defend things because I’m of the opinion that just the fact that our name got included in this means the ball got dropped, and seeing as I’m over seeing all of this, I blame myself for that.

I will address all of these concerns personally. Please feel free to email me:

chris AT guysfromandromeda DOT com

I’d also like to offer that if you’d like to voice your concerns via phone I’ll be glad to give out my cell phone number upon request. This message is not to discourage messages being written here in this public forum, but only to let you know that you have access to someone that will 100% try and make things right.

Sincerely,

Chris Pope
Guys From Andromeda LLC
http://guysfromandromeda.com

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

The first serious (possibly) casualty for Kickstarter funded video games?
  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20003916

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I suspect we’ll see more stories like that from time to time, but it’s not a huge concern for me. I expect if I back enough projects, some will be late, of poor quality, or even get shelved, and I take that into account when I give.

I backed most of the prominent adventure game Kickstarters this year, and I figure even if, say 2 of them are totally cancelled, the rest will be worth the total that I spent.

Although truthfully, I’m not really worried about that with any of the projects I backed, except perhaps Jack Houston.

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I think it’s important for people to understand that when backing a Kickstarter project, they’re funding a process, not a product.

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Why is Double Fine Adventure taking so long?Sorry I’m not really keeping up with all the kickstarter stuff,but…shouldn’t it have finished by now?

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

No, it shouldn’t have. Production is still underway on Double Fine Adventure. It’ll be done sometime mid 2013.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top