• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 8 August

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The last time, Saturday Surprise Special was on Friday, and here’s today on Sunday! Grin (but hey, it’s still Saturday in Honolulu!).

“There is the sense, illusory but seductive, that one could wander this world indefinitely. This is a wonderful game.” This is what Robert Ebert wrote in his review of Cosmology of Kyoto, and which was the main base of his amend and “redemption” years later when he participated in infamous discussions whether “Games are art?”

This is also one of the least disturbing screenshots from the game you’ll gonna get. I myself never played it, but the title is well familiar to me due to its bizarre, “Pink Floyd music video” style (the same reason I’m remembering The Dark Eye (1995) ), and occasional quiz features. Based on some gameplay videos I’ve seen, and reviews, it would also seem that Cosmology of Kyoto was ahead of its time - visual novels existed since the dawn of games, but only in the last few years it would seem “exploration and choice games” gained on popularity.

*today’s game was also inspired by Nagasaki bombing 70th anniversary

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

One of the few games that got to me.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I finished it last year. A great game (though a bit chaotic), but I loved the….ehm….atmosphere and its artistic aproach. Part of my Top-20 AGs list too…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 09 August 2015 04:56 AM

The last time, Saturday Surprise Special was on Friday, and here’s today on Sunday! Grin (but hey, it’s still Saturday in Honolulu!).

The uncertainty of when exactly this will get posted is part of the surprise? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 09 August 2015 04:13 PM
diego - 09 August 2015 04:56 AM

The uncertainty of when exactly this will get posted is part of the surprise? Tongue

Yeah - watch out Intense Degree, Iznogood, wilco, rtrooney: One of these days, Saturday Surprise Special might pop up in on of your days! Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top