• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

STASIS - Release 31 August 2015

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Roman5 - 11 December 2015 02:49 PM

I’ve just completed it. Really enjoyable! The PDAs are a necessary evil imo.

i want to take a stab at refuting the necessary part Tongue
because yes, if you want to tell a lot of backstory your options are somewhat limited.. but it still shouldnt feel like the game is drowning in log books.. especially when a big percent of the logs follow the same pattern of… things are ok… things are less ok… things are really not ok….. again and again and again.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zane - 15 January 2016 10:10 PM

because yes, if you want to tell a lot of backstory your options are somewhat limited.. but it still shouldnt feel like the game is drowning in log books.. especially when a big percent of the logs follow the same pattern of… things are ok… things are less ok… things are really not ok….. again and again and again.

I never felt like the game was drowning in PDA logs, and given what’s happened on the Groomlake, it was rather logical that most would follow the ‘ok’ - ‘less ok’ - ‘not ok’ pattern.
The PDAs give an insight into the minds of the people working there, and give a good idea of what happened in what order when the proverbial shit hit the fan…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

I just started playing “Stasis”, and I’m really liking it so far. I love the trope of waking up on an abandoned ship and trying to figure out what horrors have happened. I’m not very far in, so I haven’t formed an opinion on the story yet, but what really blew me away and made me want to post is the sound effects.

These are the best sound effects I’ve heard in a long time (probably since “Dark Fall”). I love the static, with the occasional announcement like things are still running smoothly. It’s really creeping me out like I haven’t been in a long time, and it’s delightful.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Fantasysci5 - 25 February 2016 02:56 PM

I just started playing “Stasis”, and I’m really liking it so far. I love the trope of waking up on an abandoned ship and trying to figure out what horrors have happened. I’m not very far in, so I haven’t formed an opinion on the story yet, but what really blew me away and made me want to post is the sound effects.

These are the best sound effects I’ve heard in a long time (probably since “Dark Fall”). I love the static, with the occasional announcement like things are still running smoothly. It’s really creeping me out like I haven’t been in a long time, and it’s delightful.

Stasis won the “Best Sound Effects” Reader’s Choice Aggie. Thumbs Up

No actual Aggie for Sound Effects and Graphic Design, though. Shifty Eyed
Don’t look at me, I voted for it in those categories!!!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Alright, finished!

I love dark storylines, love horror games. And I really do like “Stasis”, but man is it dark. I’m pretty sure this is the darkest game I’ve played in a very long time. It had moments where it was seriously creeping me out (which I both applaud and feel a bit sick). 0.0

I think my favorite parts are the announcements that play like everything is still fine, and all of the PDAs telling the lives of all of the crewmembers. I love PDAs and getting to know characters like that. And doing surgery on yourself, was awesome and scary at the same time!

I’m having trouble wrapping my brain around everything that’s going on, all the different projects and stuff. I actually bought the deluxe version so I could look at all of the PDAs and other previously unreleased information to try and make sense of it. I liked the world building if not the main story going on. And the end, I’m confused. I feel like he would have noticed if the little girl wasn’t Rebecca. And that body had to have been dead before being put into stasis, so maybe that was Ellen, and they did use her in the birthing experiments. Maybe she died from complications of that, and they put her dead body in stasis, though why I’m not sure. But I feel again, even if drugged and shaved, he would have recognized her if she was one of the birthing women he killed. The dialogue does need a way to skip forward.

Loved the creepy feeling “Stasis” gave me, and reminded me strongly of “The Experiment” and of the “Dark Fall” PDAs, and probably lots of others.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Stasis Adventure Game added a button to make it easier to play a game.
Play Game

this is written on their fan page, but not details at all, has anyone know about what button exactly that had been added?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top