• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

STASIS - Release 31 August 2015

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 10 August 2015 10:33 AM

Hey, I didn’t say anything about the game Smile

Just to be clear of what I played, the beta is not the full game, I have no idea how much of the game is still left (but the beta ended in such a cliffhanger Angry )

How is writing and story?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 10 August 2015 12:15 PM

Just to be clear of what I played, the beta is not the full game, I have no idea how much of the game is still left (but the beta ended in such a cliffhanger Angry )

How is writing and story?

Minor stuff but putting in spoilers for people that want to go in completely dark avoid:

It’s ok, writing is decent, sci-fi horror so it has inspirations in Alien, Event Horizon or Dead Space. Most of the story in the ship is told through reading crew diaries. Few characters and interactions are small so far. Some interesting themes are interesting like genetic manipulation but have not been very developed with an enigmatic major character that will probably lead to some twists. But real star are sense of isolation with dark, gory and detailed environments. Sound also good.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yeah, but come on, that Signs reaction shot is kinda telling of the quality. Wink
You didn’t say anything about the game, but you suggested that the Holy Shit Quotient is through the roof. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

TimovieMan - 10 August 2015 03:30 PM

You didn’t say anything about the game, but you suggested that the Holy Shit Quotient is through the roof. Cool

Having played the kickstarter demo it was safe to assume that quotient would be high Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

What a nice surprise, full game unlocked today (for beta users, I think) and Christopher even provided a savegame to continue from the end of beta.
That’s what I call excellent service for kickstarter backers!

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Thanks Wilco! Im really interested in hearing what you think about the game when you’ve finished it. Grin

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, I finished it now. Wanted to write a small no-spoilers review on Steam but doesn’t let me publish until launch. Here it is:

“Fantastic adventure game. The backgrounds look amazing with the appropriate soundtrack and creepy sound effects.
Very dark scifi story with some disturbing images and scenery. Jounals are mostly an interesting read. The game pulls no punches and has some hard gut wrenching moments. Also a strong ending.
Puzzles are of medium difficulty, all make sense but are not immediately obvious in most cases. Strikes a nice balance.
Highly recommended.”

One of favorite games of the year. Very satisfied backer Smile
Hope it finds success. Can’t wait to see what the comments are in here.

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Thanks so much for playing wilco - and for backing! I couldn’t have made the game without the KS backers - Im just so glad that you enjoyed the experience!

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sounds good! I’ll start playing the moment I receive my GOG key. Smile
(I am a backer, but obviously not at the beta level.)

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I haven’t gotten my key yet (I’m a backer as well), but I’m pretty hyped about this.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I have received my key, so now just have to await GOG’s official release. Cool

I’m a backer as well (just below the beta level). In fact, this is the only game I’ve ever backed. But how could I not? It’s been at the top of my “most anticipated” list for years... Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And now I’ve gotten my bonus content as well. Thumbs Up

The 52-page art book looks absolutely stunning, will definitely go through it in more detail later. While listening to the soundtrack of course. Cool

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Awesome! The art book was a lot of fun to put together - there is still SO much that could have gone in. Literally entire books worth of sketches and drawings.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I got my GOG key today. Now to wait that the game is released. Of the expectations.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

And it’s open on GOG.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top