• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dead Synchronicity The Longest Night commands?

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Having loved Dead Synchronicity, I took on its new and free prequel Dead Synchronicity: The Longest Night. But I have never played text command based adventures so - what are those commands? How can I do anything there?
The in-game help, mind-bogglingly, give nothing else than EXITS and, INVENTORY and LOOK. Unbelievable (and irritating for me)! I’ve tried open and take, but so far no luck.

Btw, did very-old-school gamers really played like this? Had to discover even possible actions? I always thought games came with manual where commands were printed out.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

yes, you want to look at things, and look at the room descriptions and try to figure out the context for what needs to be done. “Open” might give no response in one room, but it can work when its intended to.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Tried it just now, it has a very primitive parser and it recognizes few words. The command x is always used to examine objects, but here it gives you the exits. To examine objects, you have to type look at. You can abbreviate west to w, but not down to d.

This is just a nice extra to the real game.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top