• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #11 - F.A.C.E.S.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

F.A.C.E.S. is not a game that will end up on any favourite casual game list of mine, there is simply not enough story elements in it for my taste, but I nevertheless enjoyed taking part in this CP.

Thanks for being our leader guardian angle this time Lady K.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You’re welcome, everyone!  I think this terrific group would have fun no matter what game we decided to play together.  I enjoy your company immensely. Grin

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 11 August 2015 03:41 PM

Despite that it didn’t really tell us anything more about the story (just some more background), I think the CE adds a lot of good value. The CE chapter is pretty long (more or less a third of the full game), and that YouTube vid kinda showed it has a wide range of different puzzles, others than in the main game. It looked like a really good chapter to play, imo. And it had a great story angle with a lot of potential. It could have made a good full game when expanded, imo.

I think we agree for the most part. The bonus game looked very interesting. I think it would have been fun to play. I also think, as do others, including you, that this could have formed the basis for an entire game. And the puzzles were both good and different. If I were to wager, I would guess that the bonus game was designed after the basic game was completed. The graphics look crisper and cleaner.

But, was the extra hour of gameplay worth an additional $7.00? In this case, I don’t think so. But I could be wrong. There is a problem with the bonus game concept. If the CE material is required to bring the basic game to a satisfying conclusion, as is the case with Silver Screen, you have to ask why the material wasn’t included in the basic game. But if the bonus material is a game unto itself, and contributes nothing other than a small bit of background information, then why complain, (as I did in a prior post,) that the bonus material added nothing to the basic game?

Conundrum!

Of the CCPTs we’ve played so far, I think the best use of the CE/bonus material was in Angelica Weaver. The game reached a satisfactory conclusion, but left some unanswered questions. And while the ending of the bonus game was a bit unnerving, the unanswered questions were, for the most part, answered. (Granted the concept of ten generations of killers killing people from families with the same last name for over 300 years was preposterous. Chalk that up to poetic game license.)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I still didn’t watch the extra chapter Tongue

But anyway, thanks a lot to LadyKestrel for leading and everyone joining. The game had a nice and creepy atmosphere and was worth playing even though the gameplay itself wasn’t anything special.

Sequel would have been welcome.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m wondering if there is anyone out there who hasn’t completed the game. If there isn’t, maybe we should unpin the thread and consider whether we are ready for another CCPT.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top