• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #11 - F.A.C.E.S.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sefir - 08 August 2015 03:40 PM

Ouch!!

Picture deleted.  Smile

Oops!  You didn’t have to do that, Sefir.  I should have added a Wink or Smile after the pan.  No harm done posting it because nearly everyone seems to have finished anyway.  I’ll add the pic again now.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m late to the party and trying to catch up. I’ve reached the second area in the Consultation Center—the one that’s underground, where they leave nitroglycerin lying around because they can’t be bothered to straighten up. Sheesh! My theory is that the janitor mentioned in the note never cleans, but instead is a secret agent from the other side (whatever that may be) trying to figure out what’s really going on.

For a game named F.A.C.E.S., I’m sure not seeing many of them. Just hearing voices. I am very intrigued by the other patients. I gather the [spoiler] scientists/doctors/evil guys are planning to kill everyone except the guy behind the lasers, who I assume is super strong, and use the other patients’ DNA to make the strong guy even more paranormally talented. Don’t they realize that as soon as they pour all those extra talents into his bloodstream, he will immediately break free and kill all the scientists, then go on a rampage? Only the janitor will escape to tell the tale. At least, that’s what happens in the movies.

BTW—I like the area with angels painted in the ceiling and an angel statue.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sorry, Becky!  I lost track of who hadn’t reported in yet.  Ignore the thread until you’re done.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve read the thread up to where I am in the game. Will finish the game and then read the rest of the thread. No worries.  Wink

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I just finished the SE portion. None of my prior speculations were correct.

Woo-hoo! It’s great to be surprised.

Maybe the police showed up because someone in town spontaneously combusted as we burned the voodoo doll, and started shouting about the asylum as he/she expired in flames.

I found the game to be rather difficult because I sometimes couldn’t figure out what to do next. I spent time wandering about and looking for what changed in the environment. Something I’m more used to in adventure games than casual games.

Now onto the bonus game.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I finished the game also. After reading the comments on the bonus game and viewing the screenshot, I am rather glad I did not buy it. Poor puppy.

I liked F.A.C.E.S. but I disliked leaving Patient X and the Mage behind at the end. Although now that the police are there things should get better despite that last sentence. Too bad they never made the sequel.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I finished the bonus chapter. It was interesting to see the house transforming and learn some of the backstory. One complaint—after the big revelation (which again took me by surprise) it felt really strange to just trip along and do another HO screen. Very anticlimactic.

If the entire bonus chapter effectively took place in the heroine’s mind, could the whole Moonlight Asylum experience also have taken place in her mind? And if the Moonlight Asylum experience WAS real, is there a chance she’s being manipulated and whoever is behind all this evil actually wanted her to escape?

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Ah! The power of the bonus chapter.

While I didn’t play it, I viewed the YouTube version.

It didn’t tell me anything. Whatever she did simply alerted Luther and others to her abilities. It also alerted her father of the need to protect her. Whatever came after this was the basic story. While interesting from a gameplay standpoint, the bonus play added nothing to the story. Sorry, but I’m glad I didn’t buy the CE.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Becky,
I think HOPs tend to make things anticlimactic in general.

You have to take advantage of those two-for-one sales more often, Tim. Wink

Thanks for playing this one, everyone.  The game has some flaws, but on the whole, I think it made a decent playthrough for us.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Thanks LadyK—it was fun!  Laughing

A similar game—Maze: Subject 360 seems to be very popular over at Big Fish. Maybe more horror games will be released if it sells well? Maybe F.A.C.E.S. will get a sequel after all?

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ll add my thanks to Lady K for leading the game.

Re: Maze: Subject 360, I played the CE demo based on Lady K’s recommendation in the Casual Games thread. I liked it. Quite a few jump scares. The one thing I don’t like about it is the first word in the title….maze. Mazes represent one of my least favorite puzzle types. There was only one maze in the demo. If the remainder of the game was loaded with them I probably wouldn’t enjoy it regardless of how exciting the rest of the gameplay happens to be.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Thank you for leading this one, LadyK. Another good playthrough!

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Yes thanks for leading the Playthrough LadyK.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 10 August 2015 11:26 PM

It didn’t tell me anything. Whatever she did simply alerted Luther and others to her abilities. It also alerted her father of the need to protect her. Whatever came after this was the basic story. While interesting from a gameplay standpoint, the bonus play added nothing to the story. Sorry, but I’m glad I didn’t buy the CE.

Despite that it didn’t really tell us anything more about the story (just some more background), I think the CE adds a lot of good value. The CE chapter is pretty long (more or less a third of the full game), and that YouTube vid kinda showed it has a wide range of different puzzles, others than in the main game. It looked like a really good chapter to play, imo. And it had a great story angle with a lot of potential. It could have made a good full game when expanded, imo.

Anyway, thanks for leading the playthrough, Lady Kestrel! Thumbs Up

The game was flawed, but not bad at all. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

For me the bonus chapter was worth it’s money. It was big, really creepy, with a great idea for a storyline. I admit that I enjoyed it even more than the original game!!

Thanks for this playthrough Lady K!! I really enjoyed it!! Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top