• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #11 - F.A.C.E.S.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

As always, post here when you’ve finished the section.

When viewing the hidden object puzzles, it pays to look around the edges of the screen, especially near the bottom, for the items that are harder to find.  They’re usually half in the picture or else hidden behind something else.  Often objects will be at an angle or upside down, which makes them harder to identify.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Finished the first part. Good call on expanding the length,

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I decided to do that after I replayed the beginning.  It makes more sense not to chop it up too fine.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I finished the first part. Had to use one hint in HO scenes but otherwise everything went smoothly. Are the puzzles more complex with advanced mode? I chose casual because I rather have an indicator for hotspots than clicking things randomly.

The creepy angel thing - also shown in the starting menu - is pretty neat. The story doesn’t go very far yet, but I guess we already get a quite a lot of background info in this short time.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Advanced mode is pretty much the same except that the hint and skip buttons take a little more time to reload.  There are still sparkles on the HO pics.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

I’m there. That glimpse of my home life makes me wonder if I belong in the loony bin after all — a pet scorpion, hanged-man dummies, crazy mannequin in the closet… I think after I get out of this place I should start seeing a nice therapist.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Based on LK’s comments, I picked Advanced.

Pretty short first section. This was originally even shorter? Gasp
Decent start, so far. Interesting gift/curse premise, decent HOGs and fun puzzles (I like stuff in the vein of that eyeball puzzle). Curious to see how this develops further.

The door lock puzzle was quite devious. Made me go “wait, what?” after a couple of failed/unmatching attempts, and then I saw it. Tongue

Out of curiosity, what’s the difference between the SE and the CE? Just a bonus chapter?

cluelass - 02 August 2015 05:58 PM

I’m there. That glimpse of my home life makes me wonder if I belong in the loony bin after all — a pet scorpion, hanged-man dummies, crazy mannequin in the closet… I think after I get out of this place I should start seeing a nice therapist.

Didn’t you read the newspaper clipping? You’re an artist. The hanging mannequins and all? Probably (art)work related…
Also, a pet scorpion is not that different from a pet snake, or a pet iguana, or a pet tarantula, imo. Odd for us maybe, but not that uncommon.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I’m past the door. Love the atmosphere here although I can’t say I would like to live it myself! The puzzles seem easier this time around even though I don’t consciously remember them. Muscle memory maybe.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TimovieMan - 02 August 2015 06:18 PM

Out of curiosity, what’s the difference between the SE and the CE? Just a bonus chapter?

If I remember correctly, the CE is a prequel of the current events.  I haven’t played it in a while.  There aren’t any morphing objects nor other achievements.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I just found some free time to finally start playing the game. Very interesting concept and I love the spooky music in the background. Took me about an hour to finish the first part with the door puzzle be the most difficult one.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This next section is a bit longer, so let’s allow 3 days for it.  Explore the places you can in the asylum, find another photo which you’ll use automatically, and explore there until you return to the asylum.  We’ll target Thursday, August 6 as the finishing date for this section, but, as usual, this can be adjusted depending on everyone’s progress.

Yes, the atmosphere is creepy in this game.  Even the HOPs manage to have unnerving animations.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve finished the 1st part up to solving the cell door puzzle - one of those one’s I actually hate where you whirl a ring around in one direction & it affects all of the others but I did manage to solve it all by myself!  Laughing I love the atmosphere & the unusual premise of entering a photo to gain something although I’ve come across similar in another game (can’t remember which one!) As for the HO scene, I do enjoy them when I’m in the mood & I liked the fact that the hint meter fills up quickly ......  so on to exploring the Asylum & finding out more!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I wasn’t really planning on participating in this playthrough, as I have already played this game, and wasn’t a huge fan. But apparently I can’t stay away from these playthroughs Tongue, so I have reinstalled it and also completed the first section (took me about half an hour, but probably more my first time).

I haven’t really got much to add, except that it does have some nice graphics, and a interesting concept with the pictures.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Your post on the AGSotD thread when this was the screenshot kind of made me think you might be a no show. But I’m glad you changed your mind.  Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Boy, that’s one rundown facility. I thought secret (militaristic?) operations like this actually had a lot of budget for state-of-the-art equipment? This derelict place looks hazardous even without the paranormally gifted prisoners... Gasp

Anyway, completed the second photograph. I like the smaller chunks for this playthrough. Makes me feel like I’ll be able to follow the pace without the slightest problems.

I’m curious to find out why the winged patient needed to be kept in the dark. And I actually dread the hypnotic guy more than the so-called “dangerous” Patient X. It’ll be interesting to see how this continues…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top