• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 16 July

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

(Good luck with that Ishimaru)

The premise of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PSVita) is:
- 15 super-elite students locked in an Academy.
- Each one excells in a particular area (Ultimate Athlete, Ultimate Detective, Ultimate Programmer, ect)
- Anyone who kills a fellow student may “graduate” and leave the school unless they are found guilty
- If the murdered is voted guilty in trial he will be executed
- A sadistic teddy bear is laying out the rules
- Despair

You control one of the students,  gameplay has 3 pillars - Investigation, class trials and social interactions - and the game completely lives up to the kickass premise.

PS - Dangan Ronpa means something like “winning an argument with bullets” but I’m glad they kept the original title.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

wilco - 16 July 2015 03:15 AM

PS - Dangan Ronpa means something like “winning an argument with bullets” but I’m glad they kept the original title.

Or perhaps ‘Might is Right’, given the plot. Sounds a bit sadistic for my tastes, anyhow.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

If only this was on another system than the Vita… Frown

Would love to play both Danganronpa games, but I’m not getting a Vita just for those two.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 16 July 2015 06:52 AM

If only this was on another system than the Vita… Frown

Would love to play both Danganronpa games, but I’m not getting a Vita just for those two.

Same here. Meh

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

^Yep, same for me too.

It’s a shame really as it does look an interesting game.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Yes same here too. I had the choice between buying a 3ds and a vita and I ended up getting the 3ds…

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sounds interesting, but I’m waiting for the PC port.
In the odd chance that such a port will actually ever get made.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The series does deserve to have a bigger audience and more and more japanese games are being ported to PC, so… who knows? Although the developer still has no history of PC releases so for now chances are it will remain a Vita/Playstation TV exclusive.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m definitely getting a Vita as my next bigger gaming purchase. For Danganronpa games but also because of other more obscure Japanese titles.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

millenia - 16 July 2015 02:40 PM

I’m definitely getting a Vita as my next bigger gaming purchase. For Danganronpa games but also because of other more obscure Japanese titles.

Definitely worth it, lots of unique games and still some more visual novels to come from Japan.
Although not an exclusive I’m playing Steins Gate now and it’s a great fit.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

By the way, if you want to play vita games but don’t have the handheld, I believe you can buy the cheaper PS TV https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationtv/ and stream the Vita games to your tv.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 16 July 2015 03:27 PM

By the way, if you want to play vita games but don’t have the handheld, I believe you can buy the cheaper PS TV https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationtv/ and stream the Vita games to your tv.

It’s not streaming, it’s actually playing Vita games directly but be careful that not all games are compatible with it. However both Danganronpa are compatible.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top