• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: “We Should Forgive Our Enemies, But Not Before They Are Hanged” [ENDED]

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Where’s my score?
I’ve sent a list of guesses to the quizmaster.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 23 July 2015 06:28 AM

Where’s my score?

He won’t be able to reply to your PM when your box is full.  Tongue

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

zobraks - 23 July 2015 06:28 AM

Where’s my score?
-This is a selective help (Help? Did someone ask for help?), it doesn’t help all the players and thus it makes the quiz highly irregular.
-P.S. Don’t worry, I’ll never take part in any of your quizzes again. It’s a promise.

So give me one good reason why should I put your name on my list if quiz is highly irregular?

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

DarkEye - 23 July 2015 06:45 AM

So give me one good reason why should I put your name on my list if quiz is highly irregular?

It’s not my fault it’s irregular, so I see no reason for not posting my score.
Then again, if you post my score I guess you’ll look like a complete… after what you’ve said about me not being serious about the quiz.

I reckon I wouldn’t post my score if I were you either, it would be too embarrassing.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Deleted

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

“We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged”

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Okay, I don’t get this and I simply have to ask.

What is so terrible about the quizmaster posting extra pictures or giving other kinds of help?

If you have already guessed the picture yourself, then good for you!
It can’t possibly detract from your own achievement or your own score, that others are now also perhaps able to guess the same game, can it?

As I see it, it is if perhaps not exactly a win/win situation, then at least a win/nobody-looses situation.

That is of course, unless this isn’t about having some good fun recognizing screenshots, in some unofficial quizzes, but more about proving how superior you at this particular discipline.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I was just stating my opinion earlier but it’s really Darkeye quiz and he’s been doing a great job with them.
On with the quizzes.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Iznogood - 23 July 2015 08:38 AM

That is of course, unless this isn’t about having some good fun recognizing screenshots, in some unofficial quizzes, but more about proving how superior you at this particular discipline.

I started this and I am speaking for me only and nobody else. I’m surprised that so few people seem to get what it is about: Fairness, equal rules for everybody. It’s not the first time I’ve criticized a quizmaster for unfair rules (latecomers were not welcome) and stopped participating in his quiz. So the rules are unimportant to Dark-I, Advie, you, Intense Degree, Timovieman, and probably many others. Fine. I understand, it’s just a quiz, what’s the big deal. I won’t participate in public again, and if reading my arguments spoils people’s fun I’ll stop posting. But if the above comment was meant for me, iznogood, then it’s high time you apologized to me for a change.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Karlok - 23 July 2015 09:23 AM

But if the above comment was meant for me, iznogood, then it’s high time you apologized to me for a change.

It wasn’t.

Karlok - 23 July 2015 09:23 AM

I started this and I am speaking for me only and nobody else. I’m surprised that so few people seem to get what it is about: Fairness, equal rules for everybody…

I get that you don’t think it was fair, but why is it not fair?

The rules are the same for everyone, everyone can see the extra pictures, nothing is detracted from those who had already guessed them.

The worst thing anybody can possibly accuse DarkEye of here, is that he didn’t explicitly state in the rules, that he might post more pictures from the same games, if he felt that it was needed.

But come on, this level of critique for what is in worst case a small oversight, and in best case the quizmasters prerogative, that is completely out of proportion imo, especially when you consider that this is something that he is doing in his free time, to the benefit of everybody here on the forum.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

This is a really fun quiz and Darkeye is doing such a good job of putting up quizzes that even us old timers have fun playing and trying to guess.  I don’t put any effort into looking for pictures on the internet…. either I know them or I don’t.  Speaking for myself, I love looking at the quizzes and seeing the answers and don’t care at all if I am in last place!  It’s all fun!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Honestly I think DarkEye had the best intentions in posting the extra images and unfairness was the last thing on his mind. On the contrary, he was trying to make the quiz more accessible to people who probably found it difficult. He was in no way trying to screw with others. And like everyone else said, people take things so damn seriously. I personally would be really hurt if I was a quizmaster, took hours to make this quiz for people’s enjoyment, and then all I got were accusations of unfairness. I myself really appreciate DarkEye’s efforts and want to thank him not only for this quiz, but the many quizzes he had posted before that provided me with hours of free entertainment.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 July 2015 12:46 PM

Honestly I think DarkEye had the best intentions in posting the extra images and unfairness was the last thing on his mind. On the contrary, he was trying to make the quiz more accessible to people who probably found it difficult. He was in no way trying to screw with others. And like everyone else said, people take things so damn seriously. I personally would be really hurt if I was a quizmaster, took hours to make this quiz for people’s enjoyment, and then all I got were accusations of unfairness. I myself really appreciate DarkEye’s efforts and want to thank him not only for this quiz, but the many quizzes he had posted before that provided me with hours of free entertainment.

Well said SoccerDude! I really felt quite upset for DarkEye to see this furore on the thread when I got home this afternoon! Would it help to be a little more analytical for those who think this is unfair?

Here is a list of the current scores: 

Renacimiento 96
Abnaxus 88
wilco 72
Lady Kestrel 71
chrissie 56
Becky 35
TimovieMan 33
SoccerDude28 22
Intense Degree 17
Jabod 17
lewuz 8
SpeedBo 6
Bonsai 1

DarkEye posted 14 additional screenshots for games some of which had been guessed already, 3 from me (including 1 exclusively from me) but to put things in perspective I have the additional help of 11 extra screenshots which I’m not going to surpass Lady Kestrel with! The only person who had guessed more than 3 was Abnaxus but wilco is in no way going to catch up with his score based on the extra help i.e. it’s not going to make any difference to the top scores except that Lady Kestrel now has a slight advantage over wilco to get to the 3rd place! So for the most part it’s ‘swings & roundabouts’! Smile

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The turn of this thread saddens me.  We all love games and quizzes about games.  That’s why we’re here.  DarkEye thought he’d try something different.  If he thought the extra screenshots were going to be unfair, I’m sure he wouldn’t have posted them.  Personally, it helped me figure out 2 screenshots that I may or may not have gotten otherwise.  The rest I had either already identified or am still clueless about. 

As far as rules go, anyone who has participated in a tournament at Mystery Manor knows how detailed the rules are, and yet often there’s still controversy about the use of a particular game or the wording of a clue.  Just like a game designer, we can’t plan for every contingency, but we do the best we can.  I wish everyone would remember that and be a bit kinder when it comes to disagreements.  I’m not asking for warm and fuzzy kumbayaness, just common courtesy.  It makes it easier for everyone.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Regardless of some very unpleasent events, I’ll stick to the original plan.
Additional screenshots for unguessed games added on the first page!
If this is an issue for anyone, I don’t care anymore!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top