• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: “We Should Forgive Our Enemies, But Not Before They Are Hanged” [ENDED]

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

What the hell is wrong with you guys??? This is only a quiz and it should be fun. Why do you need to whining for every rule I put in MY quizzes? (last 24 hours limit, 3 guesses, every day new screens, unfair rebuses and now unfair this) Are there any rules you’ll need to stick to them completely when you put a lot of your time to make, post and run a quiz?
In one week there was almost no opinions about this quiz, and now I’m the one who ruin it again!

Zobraks, I don’t belive you for a second that you would play. You just live for the moments like this, to make a scene. If you’re so sensitive about something like quiz is than I really don’t know how you cope with your real life.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sheesh, you people can really suck the fun out of a quiz. Are you competing for more than just bragging rights? Are you being cheated out of prize money or something? Does your life depend on your final position?

DarkEye’s quiz, DarkEye’s rules. Don’t like them? Then frankly, STFU & GTFO. Leave the quiz to those who appreciate the effort the quiz master put in, and to those who participate because these are fun...

zobraks - 22 July 2015 10:55 PM
Karlok - 22 July 2015 09:26 PM

Everybody profits from extra information about unguessed screens.

Not the ones who had already guessed them (wink, wink) but didn’t submit the guesses (for their own reasons). We’ve already bickered over that .

Then you really only have your own reasons to blame, not the quiz master. This is the most pointless argument of all.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Well said Timothy!  Thumbs Up
nly nine unguessed screenshots left.

chrissie - 01 May 2017 06:21 AM

You’re a puzzle-maker extraordinaire + I appreciate the thought that went into the screenshot challenges which are a lesson to all of us that like to present quizzes as they were nearly all from familiar/known games! (& I’ve beaten myself up about missing quite a few that stared me in the face!)

Thanks DarkEye ........I was expecting you to win as I know you’re better at the screenshots!

I’ve found this a bit tricky move from a Lady Kestrel’s side. If you look back at any past tourney you’ll see that there were quite big number of pretty obscure or slightly less known games. I was expecting some of them here too. I’ve spend most of the time in searching for a golden dolphin…

Total Posts: 4253

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

DarkEye - 23 July 2015 01:28 AM

Zobraks, I don’t belive you for a second that you would play.

Check your PM and see that you know nothing about me.

If you’re so sensitive about something like quiz is than I really don’t know how you cope with your real life.

I’m deeply touched by your concern for my welfare.

TimovieMan - 23 July 2015 02:15 AM

STFU & GTFO

Thank you for your kind words.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

What the hell is wrong with you guys??? This is only a quiz and it should be fun. Why do you need to whining for every rule I put in MY quizzes? (last 24 hours limit, 3 guesses, every day new screens, unfair rebuses and now unfair this) Are there any rules you’ll need to stick to them completely when you put a lot of your time to make, post and run a quiz?

Why don’t you answer my questions? You said it was a win-win situation for everybody, so please explain: what is the point of adding extra screenshots for a few selected pics that have already been guessed, and not for others?

In one week there was almost no opinions about this quiz, and now I’m the one who ruin it again!

Who said you “ruined” it?

Sheesh, you people can really suck the fun out of a quiz.

How did I suck your fun out of this quiz?

Are you competing for more than just bragging rights? Are you being cheated out of prize money or something? Does your life depend on your final position?

No, my life does not depend on my final position, or I would be dead. This has to do with FAIRNESS. The rules and the info about pics should be the same for everybody. That’s what this is about. Both Dark-I and you are evading the issue. 

DarkEye’s quiz, DarkEye’s rules. Don’t like them? Then frankly, STFU & GTFO.

I had to look up STFU and GTFO. Shut The Fuck Up and Get The Fuck Out.
Wow, Mr. Mod.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Deleted

Total Posts: 4253

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I can only tell you what TheModeratorMan told me.
And BTW, I’m not your mate.

DarkEye - 23 July 2015 03:49 AM

Zobraks, you’re far from be one of the friendliest forumates around.

But I’m so nice and cuddly endearing…

P.S. Don’t worry, I’ll never take part in any of your quizzes again. It’s a promise.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 23 July 2015 03:54 AM

P.S. Don’t worry, I’ll never take part in any of your quizzes again. It’s a promise.

I won’t either. You didn’t answer my very reasonable questions, Dark-I.

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Deleted

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Karlok - 23 July 2015 04:04 AM

I won’t either. You didn’t answer my questions, Dark-I.

Ok…

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

DarkEye - 23 July 2015 04:10 AM

Ok…

No answers to my questions, so I’d appreciate it if you removed my name and my score from your list. Mr Mod does indeed have a point with his GTFO and STFU: Anybody can participate in any quiz without submitting their answers.

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Karlok - 23 July 2015 04:19 AM
DarkEye - 23 July 2015 04:10 AM

Ok…

No answers to my questions, so I’d appreciate it if you removed my name and my score from your list.

Done! Anyone else want to be deleted?

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

...appreciate the effort the quiz master put in…

That seems to be the crux of the matter to me. I’ve never run a proper quiz here, but even the silly one I did on the old chit chat forums took me ages and it was barely 1/10 of the length of this one.

Surely, if we’re doing this for fun, to call foul over some people getting more help than others at the discretion of the quiz master is making rather a mountain out of a molehill isn’t it?

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Intense Degree - 23 July 2015 05:07 AM

...appreciate the effort the quiz master put in…

That seems to be the crux of the matter to me.

I’ve produced over a dozen quizzes, I know it’s time-consuming, and I appreciate the effort of every quizmaster here. But what does that have to do with changing the rules midway?

Surely, if we’re doing this for fun, to call foul over some people getting more help than others at the discretion of the quiz master is making rather a mountain out of a molehill isn’t it?

Then why have scores at all? Most people (including Dark-I himself) preferred to submit answers in PM, so they could have an individual score, instead of a limited number of public answers, which were considered unfair (!) because of time zones etcetera.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Karlok - 23 July 2015 05:22 AM

I’ve produced over a dozen quizzes, I know it’s time-consuming, and I appreciate the effort of every quizmaster here. But what does that have to do with changing the rules midway?

I don’t doubt you appreciate the effort of all quizmasters, just as most (if not all) of us appreciate your own efforts when you run a quiz. But because someone takes the time to put together a quiz for anyone to enjoy I can’t help but feel that they should be allowed some license to run things their way. If I don’t like the way Darkeye - or anyone - runs a quiz then it is completely open to me to produce my own quiz on my terms. I would just feel a little bit ungrateful in criticising someone else’s freely given time and efforts. I recognise that sounds passive aggressive and I’m honestly sorry about that - it isn’t meant to be an attack on you or anyone else in the thread, it is only my opinion and I completely respect that others will think differently. I just can’t think of a better way to put it.

Then why have scores at all? Most people (including Dark-I himself) preferred to submit answers in PM, so they could have an individual score, instead of a limited number of public answers, which were considered unfair (!) because of time zones etcetera.

(Again my opinion) - for fun! Laughing It’s cool to see a list of who’s got what and maybe to try and challenge myself to try and beat whoever is above me (watch out Soccerdude & Timo - I’m coming for you!) But ultimately it doesn’t mean any more to me than that. I’m not going to lose sleep if I finish last, even if it is because others get extra clues to some backgrounds I had already got. As I said, if the point of the exercise is for fun, for people to enjoy themselves, then I can’t see how this could be any more than a tiny niggle, far outweighed by the fact that someone has put together a quiz for me to enjoy for free!

I recognise that some take quizzes more seriously than others, and something like the Mystery Manor tournament is obviously SRS BSNS and that is great. But I am never going to be good enough to enter that so being able to have a pop at a fun quiz like this is great for me. I suppose it depends on what you expect from a quiz.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top