• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #34: The Cat Lady

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Sefir - 10 July 2015 10:41 PM
TimovieMan - 10 July 2015 10:32 PM

Darnit, I’d just gone a reasonable stretch without saving… Meh

Yeah… not saving while you just got killed from a crazy psycho and got revived in his creepy dungeon/museum of horror. Smart move.  Grin
Don’t worry, I’ll post as many screens as I can later on.
(my advice though is that since there are many choices that lead to many different beautifully depicted art scenes, use the save button a lot)

But preferably no more than 50 times… (there’s a 50 saved games limit; then you have to manually remove some from the game’s folder) Tongue

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Sefir - 10 July 2015 10:17 PM
millenia - 10 July 2015 08:03 PM

3. I remembered everything she told me, but she didn’t tell me the first thing she asked.

He he, of course she did, you just didn’t notice it. There was no dialog option. She really does like to talk much. Smile
In fact she told you the story just after your melting alive from the hospital’s lamp nightmare.

She did not. I even had the option “I don’t think you told me that one”, and I picked it, where she replied: “Maybe I didn’t, maybe you just didn’t pay attention.”
I even went back to the scene and she didn’t tell me it. I think I’m supposed to trigger it by telling her about the nightmare, which I didn’t. I chose to ignore her in the beginning.

I’m not sure whether the childhood choices matter much in the end, but I like it that whatever her childhood was, Susan did try to commit suicide. Unless she was lying, which I doubt, since she thought about the doctor; “And I opened my heart to him”.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

millenia - 11 July 2015 07:36 AM
Sefir - 10 July 2015 10:17 PM
millenia - 10 July 2015 08:03 PM

3. I remembered everything she told me, but she didn’t tell me the first thing she asked.

He he, of course she did, you just didn’t notice it. There was no dialog option. She really does like to talk much. Smile
In fact she told you the story just after your melting alive from the hospital’s lamp nightmare.

She did not. I even had the option “I don’t think you told me that one”, and I picked it, where she replied: “Maybe I didn’t, maybe you just didn’t pay attention.”
I even went back to the scene and she didn’t tell me it. I think I’m supposed to trigger it by telling her about the nightmare, which I didn’t. I chose to ignore her in the beginning.

I’m not sure whether the childhood choices matter much in the end, but I like it that whatever her childhood was, Susan did try to commit suicide. Unless she was lying, which I doubt, since she thought about the doctor; “And I opened my heart to him”.

You’re absolutely right!;) She only tells you about it if you describe what you experienced in the first chapter (which a lot of people might choose not to, since we’ve just been warned that the Parasites might pretend to be friendly, so it’s perhaps safer to keep some facts to ourselves).

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Aha, so that’s why I didn’t recall it from the first conversation. I chose to ignore her at first too.

Does picking “I don’t think you told me about that.” in that case still count as a correct answer to obtain the key?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

TimovieMan - 11 July 2015 08:37 AM

Aha, so that’s why I didn’t recall it from the first conversation. I chose to ignore her at first too.

Does picking “I don’t think you told me about that.” in that case still count as a correct answer to obtain the key?

Nope. Although now that you mention this, it would totally make sense too… Wink

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Ok I have a little bit of free time now so I decided to join this community walkthrough though I didn’t vote for it. Finished the first 2 chapters and so far it has been pretty amazing. I love the creepy atmosphere, and the whole premise of the game so far. I did not get scared so far at all, but it is definitely very gory. I kinda get a little of a 7even vibe from it. And I completely agree with the heavy metal music. I completely love it.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ok I have a little bit of free time now so I decided to join this community walkthrough though I didn’t vote for it. Finished the first 2 chapters and so far it has been pretty amazing. I love the creepy atmosphere, and the whole premise of the game so far. I did not get scared so far at all, but it is definitely very gory.

Well, this game scared the pants off of me completely a few times.

I really jumped out of my chair when she lost her arm, shocked me to no end.

There are those who would think this is the perfect game, others would find it badly flawed.

The metacritc score is 81, which I agree with:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-cat-lady

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2987

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

SoccerDude28 - 11 July 2015 07:56 PM

...I did not get scared so far at all…

Mikekelly - 11 July 2015 11:13 PM

...this game scared the pants off of me completely a few times.

As I said, there are a few jumps now and then that add to the atmpsphere, but this is not the game’s most important feature.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have played the first chapter now, and I have to say that I’m relieved, it’s like a huge stone has been lifted from my heart Wink

The thing is that when I originally played the game, I [spoiler]blew out one of the candles simply because I could! When I saw the consequence I immediately regretted it and wanted to undo it, but alas I had not saved for quite a while, so instead I had to live with the consequence of my thoughtless act, which has been weighing on my conscience ever since - But now I realise that I had no choice, that we can’t leave the hut without blowing out one of the candles, that it wasn’t my fault but the fault of the sadistic developers of this game Grin[/spoiler]

Okay, [spoiler]it might have been avoidable if I had just agreed to the Queen of Maggots terms, but .. well .. Frank Sinatra haven’t lived in vain.[/spoiler]

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Iznogood - 12 July 2015 09:53 AM

I have played the first chapter now, and I have to say that I’m relieved, it’s like a huge stone has been lifted from my heart Wink

The thing is that when I originally played the game, I [spoiler]blew out one of the candles simply because I could! When I saw the consequence I immediately regretted it and wanted to undo it, but alas I had not saved for quite a while, so instead I had to live with the consequence of my thoughtless act, which has been weighing on my conscience ever since - But now I realise that I had no choice, that we can’t leave the hut without blowing out one of the candles, that it wasn’t my fault but the fault of the sadistic developers of this game Grin[/spoiler]

Okay, [spoiler]it might have been avoidable if I had just agreed to the Queen of Maggots terms, but .. well .. Frank Sinatra haven’t lived in vain.[/spoiler]

Oh I didn’t really regret it, but decided against blowing them all out, since I didn’t intentionally want to harm some people I don’t know. I wonder if the people croaking are tied to specific candles or just have an order to die.

And yeah, there’s always “my way”, I’m one of those people who often feels like bending the rules or going against them completely. Already in the beginning on the field I wanted to walk backwards but the game didn’t let me Tongue.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

millenia - 12 July 2015 10:52 AM

I wonder if the people croaking are tied to specific candles or just have an order to die.

I believe the order is fixed.

Anyway I have also finished chapter 2 now, so:

Sefir - 09 July 2015 02:43 AM

Did you agree with the Queen of Maggots?
What did you chose as Susan’s parent background history? I will probably post the screens for every possible scenario in the following days. Some of them are gruesome, but always beautiful.
Did you remember everything Liz told you the day before?
Did you killed the good Dr X, or you simply chose to leave through the exit?
And if you killed him, what weapon did you use the mace or the spearNaughty

1) I’ll do it MY WAY! Wink

2) I actually thought that part was a bit cliché.
Like Millenia also mentioned, people don’t have to have had a terrible childhood to end up like the Cat Lady, depression usually have other causes. So originally I gave her as happy a childhood as possible, but this time I killed off her father in a car accident, just to make it a bit different, but still with a great mother.
I quite liked the other questions and the answers I gave though, I though they were more realistic and described someone with a depression rather good.

3) Yes. I thought it would be a bit rude not to listen and chat a bit with her, besides it isn’t like Susan has better things to do. And I liked Liz.

4) Originally I just left.
Susan is neither an action hero nor an avenging angle in my book, I also did it very much to spite the Queen of Maggots as she clearly wanted me to kill him. Despite Susan’s little monologue I also hoped that there would be another way to save the girl, like simply telling the police, but when I realised that wasn’t the case, then I reloaded and killed the good doctor. I couldn’t just leave the girl in his hands.
This time I just killed him.

5) Both Naughty
Save - Spear - Reload - Mace

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Iznogood - 12 July 2015 12:48 PM

5) Both Naughty
Save - Spear - Reload - Mace

Grin

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Iznogood - 12 July 2015 12:48 PM

2) I actually thought that part was a bit cliché.
Like Millenia also mentioned, people don’t have to have had a terrible childhood to end up like the Cat Lady, depression usually have other causes. So originally I gave her as happy a childhood as possible, but this time I killed off her father in a car accident, just to make it a bit different, but still with a great mother.
I quite liked the other questions and the answers I gave though, I though they were more realistic and described someone with a depression rather good.

Well, psychiatrists usually want to relate everything too childhood to have some kind of epiphany in treatment so him asking was not a cliché. The fact that the player could choose if she wanted her problem to have a childhood trauma background was interesting.
I was actually the game let the player choose the backstory to some degree, even if in the end they were just answers.

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

I have finished the second chapter now. Turns out I didn’t get all of Liz’s questions right, since I also chose to ignore her at first. So, if I understood it right, I had no other choice than to kill the doctor. I guess I will have to do a third playthrough some time. Grin

I chose the mace as the murder weapon. Seemed more gruesome. Naughty

Total Posts: 2987

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I find it really interesting that the majority of people around here chose a perfect childhood. That was also my choice first time I played the game (exactly for the beforementioned reason of “depression doesn’t mean terrible childhood”). Of course the best screens IMO come from the most gruesome of scenarios.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top