• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tacoma

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

cyfoyjvx - 06 August 2017 03:36 PM
wilco - 06 August 2017 05:38 AM

I finished it, ending seemed rushed but I enjoyed it. The style is pretty much like Gone Home with the ability to snoop around and pick up everything. I story was ok with great presentation but I wish there was more to it, it’s kind of plain. Because of that I prefer Rapture a lot more and even the recent Edith Finch.

Aww that’s sweet.

“The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes.”

Don’t agree?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Just finished it and loved it. Very similar to Gone Home like everyone else said, so if you liked that one, you’ll probably like this. I did feel it was over the top with PC-ness though.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

SoccerDude28 - 09 August 2017 11:36 PM

Just finished it and loved it. Very similar to Gone Home like everyone else said, so if you liked that one, you’ll probably like this. I did feel it was over the top with PC-ness though.

I agree SoccerDude. I very much enjoyed it and was pretty much expecting PC-ness considering Gone Homes story. Over all I would definitely recommend it. A beautiful game with great atmosphere. I really liked the AR system, something new and different from anything else I’ve played.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but if you buy Tacoma at GOG.com you get Event[0] for free. Pretty sweet deal!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I have no idea what is this PC-ness you guys are talking about. I suppose it was also “PC” when Star Trek 50 years ago correctly foresaw women working in space in the future?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Oscar - 13 August 2017 01:59 AM

I have no idea what is this PC-ness you guys are talking about. I suppose it was also “PC” when Star Trek 50 years ago correctly foresaw women working in space in the future?

Well The station is predominantly female. Half the crew is gay. The crew looks like it came from an old Benetton commercial. The message of the game is: corporations are evil. Freedom to all (even AIs). It just feels like they ticked every checkbox in the PC spectrum.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

SoccerDude28 - 13 August 2017 03:36 AM

Well The station is predominantly female. Half the crew is gay. The crew looks like it came from an old Benetton commercial. The message of the game is: corporations are evil. Freedom to all (even AIs). It just feels like they ticked every checkbox in the PC spectrum.

Or maybe that’s genuinely what they wanted their vision of a particular future to be? No need to bring politics into it.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

My reply wasn’t meant to be offending Frown My apologies!!!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Oscar - 13 August 2017 03:39 AM

their vision of a particular future to be? No need to bring politics into it.

And that vision is not questionable if hints of identity politics are apparent for some
Well thats some conditioning

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

nomadsoul - 13 August 2017 06:39 PM
Oscar - 13 August 2017 03:39 AM

their vision of a particular future to be? No need to bring politics into it.

And that vision is not questionable if hints of identity politics are apparent for some
Well thats some conditioning

Where is the identity politics? There are two married gay couples, but in most western countries that is allowed already. It’s not much of an issue anymore, and it’s not an issue whatsoever in the game. Is that political? Or is it just making an observation about what the future will look like?

Like someone said earlier their vision is far from idealistic, with corporations putting money above lives. So it’s hardly a political manifesto.

There is an actual political issue in the game which would be spoiler-ish to mention, but it is only something that will be relevant in the future.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Clever setup, I can see a lot of work went into it. The views outside are simply spectacular. The art style is fine and I’ve always liked tracking people to see what they’re up to (as in TLE, Manhunter, Corruption) so I did enjoy playing Tacoma. But the story is too awful for words. I could see the plot a mile off and the writing is pretty bad. Six people who’ve been cooped up together for a year talk like that to each other, really? Cliched, superficial, unconvincing. Three stars.

PS: Not only is the crew predominantly female, the two males are weak, they contribute nothing hardly anything, and one of them is a whiner.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Karlok - 10 November 2017 05:42 PM

PS: Not only is the crew predominantly female, the two males are weak, they contribute nothing hardly anything, and one of them is a whiner.

Sounds like a fairly accurate picture of our society then.  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top