• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Stuck in Alum

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I thought this was supposed to be an easy game, but I got stuck anyway.

I’m in Chapter 6, at the point where I’m collecting parts for the suit of aroor.
I’ve found two parts, but can’t figure out what to do to get the last two parts.

At the mine, I have a pointy thing attached to the front of the cart and the sign attached to the back, but can’t find an object to hit the sign with.

At the gap in the mountains, Alum will jump out the opening, but will miss the giant’s pouch that he’s trying to get at. If he goes to the area where he can see the winglike objects and throws a rock, the giant will block the rock. The girl stays near the suit of armor and does not offer to distract the giant.

So does anyone have any tips on what I should do at this point?

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Heh, I came here to look for an answer for my question. I think we can help each other as i might be give you some hints.

Actually, solution to both is similar. At the top of the cave (where wings lay) at Great Pass, show rushlight to giant or throw a bone at giant. That should help you out.

BUT my problem is lays in Ice Plain. I saw the so called help in the cave that i should walk around an object… But I cant figure out the system. Its not a grid as far as i understand.

UPDATE: nevermind, i figured it out! But what a surprising solution!

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

lewuz - 20 June 2015 05:08 AM

Heh, I came here to look for an answer for my question. I think we can help each other as i might be give you some hints.

Actually, solution to both is similar. At the top of the cave (where wings lay) at Great Pass, show rushlight to giant or throw a bone at giant. That should help you out.

BUT my problem is lays in Ice Plain. I saw the so called help in the cave that i should walk around an object… But I cant figure out the system. Its not a grid as far as i understand.

UPDATE: nevermind, i figured it out! But what a surprising solution!

Congratulations on finding your answer. Wink
I’ll give yours a try. Thanks for the hint.

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

If my hints are to vague ( Tongue ), just ask more. But oh boy, wait till you get to the later fighting and lightplates puzzles.

If anyone found any logic in lightplates puzzle, enlgiht ( Tongue ) me as well. I passed it by trial and error.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

I think the thing with lightplates was that

you had to start with blue because none of the other plates was giving you option to pass through. And that you would always have to step on color of opposing spectrum. In art world, there are like “cold” and “warm” colors and if you’re standing on “cold” color you’re supposed to hit “warm” color next. Though, the fact that game presents you with mixed colors (not just typical red, blue, green) makes it harder because you have to ponder about which color is warmer/colder.

However, there were no hints or instructions whatsoever about that puzzle which made it “hard” in the eyes of average player. Whole last chapter is a mess if you ask me. By then, the game’s done a solid job providing you with hints and instructions about puzzles, then everything came down. It was just too hard to figure out anything so what I did was just experimenting with bunch of things till I got it right. I had no idea what I should do. In previous chapters, game gave you general idea what you should do, but still made it challenging to traverse obstacles.

I never figured out logic to those wires, for example:

I knew I had to keep gate and gun wires always disconnected from panel, but connecting wires to get control over pod and ebots always required a bit of fiddling. Yes, I connected pod/ebot I wanted to gain control of to the gate socket but still, sometimes gun turret would be activated out of the blue. I still don’t understand logic behind that puzzle.

But, yeah, if you’re stuck or you have any other questions about the game, feel free to ask me.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

lucebend - 21 June 2015 05:19 AM

However, there were no hints or instructions whatsoever about that puzzle which made it “hard” in the eyes of average player. Whole last chapter is a mess if you ask me. By then, the game’s done a solid job providing you with hints and instructions about puzzles, then everything came down. It was just too hard to figure out anything so what I did was just experimenting with bunch of things till I got it right. I had no idea what I should do. In previous chapters, game gave you general idea what you should do, but still made it challenging to traverse obstacles.

I never figured out logic to those wires, for example:

I agree completely. I commented/complained in some other forum as well that there are no hints for fighting and lightplates.

Thanks for the lightplates logic. One of my failed approach was to step on plates which color would come gradually from mixing that and that… but obviously that didn’t work out so solidly. Smile

Wires on the other hand wasn’t so difficult imho. Once i figured it out it was just time-consuming to make all those preparations to get control of something. I had no prob with the gun. I think I kept its wire connected with useless ebot, like 1, most of the time.

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Thanks for the wires hint.

As for lightplates logic, maybe it isn’t true, but it’s the way I explained to myself after I was done with 75% of the board. Really frustrating!

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

lewuz - 21 June 2015 04:18 AM

If my hints are to vague ( Tongue ), just ask more. But oh boy, wait till you get to the later fighting and lightplates puzzles.

Doesn’t sound good.

I did make progress—enough to get the mine open—and fall down a hole.
Got the wings, but still have to find a way to fix them.
The girl near the suit of armor is useless as usual.
Am I missing an exit somewhere?
Using bones or rushlight or wings on the crystal has no effect.

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

You are almost answering your questions yourself, you are experimenting on right direction. Smile
Yes, you are missing an exit and you have to use rushlight to reveal it. In the mine there are posts next to abyss.

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Thanks again, Lewuz.
I tried using inventory on the posts, but maybe not the rushlight.

Currently in Chapter 7, playing as Alum and Dashu,
shot the camera, now trying to figure out what to do with the floor plates. Are these the “lightplates” mentioned earlier in the thread? 

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

@crabapple
Yes, I mentioned my way of solving that puzzle in my first post in this topic.

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

So
put Alum in the room next to the security room, with all the cameras and flashing lights, and put Dashu next to the computer with the panel in the ebot factory, then experiment with the colored wires on the panel until the door to the security room opens and Alum can get through? or am I not in the right area yet? The floor panels are always yellowish.

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

It’s not so easy. Smile I think you are not in the light panels / security room yet.
To get there you need to take control of the ebot who is guarding the boss. There is one interactive thingy with wheels you need to pay atention, and not only that, also its positioning. And then there’s the moment.

Hope it gives you a direction. Smile

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

lewuz - 25 June 2015 01:34 AM

It’s not so easy. Smile I think you are not in the light panels / security room yet.
To get there you need to take control of the ebot who is guarding the boss. There is one interactive thingy with wheels you need to pay atention, and not only that, also its positioning. And then there’s the moment.

Hope it gives you a direction. Smile

As you guessed, I’m not quite in the security room yet. I get to the room next to the security room (the one full of cameras that Dashu refuses to shoot and Alum refuses to smack with the sword) and alarms go off and the character is locked in the last room and the other one has to let him out. From what you say I need to get control of one of the eBots using the panel, and once the boss is distracted, the alarms won’t go off and I’ll be able to get through that last door. So far I’ve only managed to get the boss to launch a pod, though for what purpose I have no idea. I assume the “Switch” on the computer has some purpose, maybe flip the switch 6 times as indicated on the “Map” at some point?
I haven’t seen the “interactive thingy with wheels.” Is that in the security room that I don’t have access to yet?

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

@crabapple
Connect to ebot3, that is connect the wire of ebot3 to the Gate socket. You’ll know you connected it right when the sixth/ebot3’s lightbulb goes green. Then, leave interface with wires and click on Computer. You’ll gain control over ebot in control room. Now, you shouldn’t have problem distracting the main villain. When you distract him, go over to security room. Prepare for lightplates puzzle. Wink

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

lucebend - 25 June 2015 03:16 PM

@crabapple
Connect to ebot3, that is connect the wire of ebot3 to the Gate socket. You’ll know you connected it right when the sixth/ebot3’s lightbulb goes green. Then, leave interface with wires and click on Computer. You’ll gain control over ebot in control room. Now, you shouldn’t have problem distracting the main villain. When you distract him, go over to security room. Prepare for lightplates puzzle. Wink

Doesn’t seem to be working with eBot 3 attached to gate socket. I wonder if the solution is random. Either that or maybe there’s something else I have to do first. I tried from saves both before and after having him fire off the pod.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top