• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 19 June

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Casual Friday

Excluding the visuals seen in the credits, this is the second to last scene in the third game of the Drawn trilogy, Drawn - Trail of Shadows. When playing the game the thought was, or at least my thought was that this was a game separate from the first two. When reaching this scene, however, it is instantly apparent that we’ve actually been playing the prequel to the other two. The scene in the background is the nightscape painting of the city as pictured in the first game, Drawn - The Painted Tower. (An appropriate title, all things considered.)

The boy we see is a youthful Franklin, who as an aging man is a central character in the first two games. This raised some interesting metaphysical questions during the game’s Playthrough discussion. First and foremost was what, or who exactly is Franklin? If he is capable of creating worlds, as well as people and creatures that inhabit them, then if not The God, he certainly must be a god.

And, since Franklin also occupies space in the worlds he creates, how can he do so without alerting others that their world is not real? Quite a lot to contemplate from one little scene.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I was gobsmacked by this revelation when playing the third game. The question arises—if Franklin has this ability, who taught it to him? Did he suddenly figure this out all by himself and teach himself to paint?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I don’t know. Was Franklin self taught? Was he taught by some other superior being? He certainly had the ability to teach the girl. But then she was one of his creations.

I tend to believe that Franklin is the superior being who somehow got Drawn into a situation of which he had to paint his way out.

That’s the difference is the way we interpret the word “Drawn” in the words of the last scene.

There’s Drawn as in applying paint to canvas. And there’s Drawn as being lured into a situation from which you must escape. I think this is the dichotomy that the designers had in mind.

Wish I could find one, a la Augustin, to confirm our thoughts.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Yeah, we had a very good discussion about that whole aspect. I however doubt that the developers went equally deep when they designed the game as we did in our interpretations.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Iznogood - 20 June 2015 11:39 AM

I however doubt that the developers went equally deep when they designed the game as we did in our interpretations.

Probably not. But then I think of our Scratches discussion. We came up with some theories that were not at all what the designer intended. (Not that I care.) That’s what’s fun about the CPTs.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top