• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: Adventure Game Crosswords

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 09 June 2015 01:42 PM

Becker is Djokovic’s coach, while McEnroe is pretty much active - he’s monkeying around (along with Mats Wilander) on Eurosport during each Grand Slam as a special commentator. Tongue Chris Evert, too (she looks great! Heart Eyes )

Forget it, diego. She’s almost twice your age.  Tongue But she does look great.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

You two have to turn every topic into a tennis discussion, don’t you?

Ok Diego, keep rubbing it in… *sigh*

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5592

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have two more to find in #3 (four all together), but I’m going to take a look at the last section now.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve been darting, here & there, between the 4 ‘mini’ crosswords & the mega one to realise that although I’m not too bad at tracking down screenshots my wider AG knowledge is not that great!! Laughing But I do look things up so it’s very educational! Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Puzzle #4 is definitely the most difficult.  I do wish these had a save function because I get fuzz-brained after several hours and need to give it a rest.  Twice I was struggling with several at night but guessed them right away the next morning.  I am perservering but still have 36 to go on this section.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Yes, puzzle #4 is very hard due to the randomization. One thing that may help you is to cross-reference with the original Mega Puzzle to get more intersecting letters.

To do this open the printable version of the Mega puzzle in your browser and use the find function to locate the clue you are stuck on and its location in the puzzle and then see if you know the answers to the different intersecting clues in that puzzle, most of which you’ve figured out already. This will often give you more letters to work with. For example, “disasters, to the ancients” only has one intersecting letter in puzzle #4, but six intersecting letters in the Mega Puzzle. It’s much easier there.

You can, of course, continue as you have if you like the extra challenge, but in reality the Mega puzzle difficulty is much closer to how I intended it so you should feel free to take advantage of the extra clues it provides.

You can, by the way, save the puzzle with your browser but it doesn’t work quite as intended. It will create a new interactive puzzle above your partially filled out one, allowing you to reference from the same page, but it’s no better than just taking a screenshot.

I wish I could have found some software that would allow me to completely hand-make a crossword, but this was the only free software I could find that had an interactive option.

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

chrissie - 11 June 2015 07:29 PM

I’ve been darting, here & there, between the 4 ‘mini’ crosswords & the mega one to realise that although I’m not too bad at tracking down screenshots my wider AG knowledge is not that great!! Laughing But I do look things up so it’s very educational! Smile

I’m actually pretty bad with character names. When I was testing the puzzle before posting it here I was stuck for quite a while trying to remember the names of the characters in Discworld Noir. Pepper’s pet stumped me for a bit too. I’m much better at wordplay and visual recognition than straight out trivia.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I downloaded the mega puzzle, and it did give me the beginning letters of two that were stumping me.  Unfortunately, for many it wasn’t any help, but I’m still looking. 

Most of the trivia is fairly easy to find, but associating the wordplay with the titles has been the most challenging and the most rewarding when I finally put the pieces together.

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 13 June 2015 12:31 PM

associating the wordplay with the titles has been the most challenging and the most rewarding when I finally put the pieces together.

They are also the most fun to make. In fact, originally, the crossword puzzle had nothing but that. I only added the fill-in-the-blanks and trivia to lower the difficulty. As an aside, some of those clues go back over a decade to a quiz I made on another forum.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Well, I completed all but 2 of your crosswords and had a few cross words with myself for not getting some of them sooner.  When I realized that quite a few of the titles were interactive fiction, I solved a bunch of them. 

I haven’t found “a prince, for Briar Rose” nor “psychotic jester.”  Am I looking for names or game titles for these?

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 15 June 2015 11:27 AM

Well, I completed all but 2 of your crosswords

Impressive!

When I realized that quite a few of the titles were interactive fiction, I solved a bunch of them.

Yeah, when I said “spanning the entire history of the genre” in my initial post, I was trying to hint that I didn’t neglect the 80s.

I haven’t found “a prince, for Briar Rose” nor “psychotic jester.”  Am I looking for names or game titles for these?

A prince, for Briar Rose is a game title.

Psychotic jester is a game character.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yay!  I finally found all of them!  I remembered the jester while taking a shower this morning, and something told me to check the IF list at Moby one more time for the prince.  Thanks for such an excellent brain workout, D!  It was fun!

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Lady Kestrel - 16 June 2015 03:46 PM

Yay! I finally found all of them!

Your overall AGs knowledge is really unbelievable, Lady Kestrel. Congrats!!!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks, DarkEye, but I think it’s more a matter of persistence, knowing where to look, and having the time to do it.  Karlok thought it was easy, but to me it was a challenge.

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 16 June 2015 03:46 PM

Yay!  I finally found all of them!  I remembered the jester while taking a shower this morning, and something told me to check the IF list at Moby one more time for the prince.  Thanks for such an excellent brain workout, D!  It was fun!

Awesome! I’m glad you enjoyed it!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top