• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

No new Carol Reed this year?

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 11 August 2016 02:06 PM

I’m going out on a limb and recommend you play the one that says “The first Carol Reed Mystery” first

Chronologically where does that one fit in?

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Origami - 11 August 2016 02:20 PM

I’m going out on a limb and recommend you play the one that says “The first Carol Reed Mystery” first

It fits in at the beginning - that’s why it’s 1st.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 11 August 2016 02:20 PM

Right before the other 10 (I don’t know, never played them)  Foot in mouth

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

Oscar - 11 August 2016 01:31 PM

They’re good.

Which character do you play RebKean?

I did the voice of the whipping lady in Shades.
In the upcoming one I don’t really know that much details. Since I will beta test it, he doesn’t want me to know anything really. But I will do the voice to my own character this time, so watch out for an angry old fat lady.  Grin

EDIT. Here’s an easy way to see them in order. Start from the bottom.
http://www.mdna-games.com/

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

RebKean - 11 August 2016 02:34 PM

They’re good.

In the upcoming one I don’t really know that much details. Since I will beta test it, he doesn’t want me to know anything really. But I will do the voice to my own character this time, so watch out for an angry old fat lady.  Grin

Is this an official channel for purchasing the games?

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

OOoo you make me curious RebKean! Make sure you don’t tell too much or you will be kicked out of the series! Wink

Origami: seriously, start at the first one because it introduces all the important characters properly. After that you can choose whatever game you want, but it’s best to play them in chronological order because the backstory that runs throughout the series is messed up otherwise. However that is not a problem for the individual games.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Origami - 11 August 2016 02:48 PM

They’re good.

I always buy them from there.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Okay I bought the first game through the Mdna website. Let’s see…

Can’t be worse than my Nancy Drew Message in a Haunted Mansion experience.

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

Origami - 11 August 2016 02:48 PM

They’re good.

Yes, that’s the developers (Mikaels) homepage.

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

tsa - 11 August 2016 02:49 PM

OOoo you make me curious RebKean! Make sure you don’t tell too much or you will be kicked out of the series! Wink

Haha, trust me, I had to think hard before I answered the question. Would be terrible if I spoiled the entire game with a few words. Wouldn’t surprise me if he tells me off in this thread, haha.

I’m very excited myself. I mean, being inside a game, I find that so cool I can’t even say. Let’s just hope I don’t suck to hard. If I do, please be gentle.  Pan

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

I’ve been meaning to try this series for a while now. Just ordered the first one: Remedy.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Origami, for me the Carol Reed games are an acquired taste. I don’t think they’re very good storywise and puzzlewise. Just okay. But the pics of the interesting and weird locations are the main reason I’ve played some of them. The recurring characters are fun too.

Origami: seriously, start at the first one because it introduces all the important characters properly. After that you can choose whatever game you want, but it’s best to play them in chronological order because the backstory that runs throughout the series is messed up otherwise. However that is not a problem for the individual games.

There is a backstory?? Please tell me more! Or at least give some hints in spoiler tags.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I really don’t think you have to play them in chronological order. I still haven’t played the first two because they don’t work on my PC and I managed okay.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Karlok - 11 August 2016 06:01 PM

Origami, for me the Carol Reed games are an acquired taste. I don’t think they’re very good storywise and puzzlewise. Just okay. But the pics of the interesting and weird locations are the main reason I’ve played some of them. The recurring characters are fun too.

There is a backstory?? Please tell me more! Or at least give some hints in spoiler tags.

It’s about as exciting and fast-paced as As the World Turns but with every new game I always wonder how Carol’s relationship with Jonas is and how Lavisa is doing.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

tsa - 12 August 2016 03:18 AM

It’s about as exciting and fast-paced as As the World Turns but with every new game I always wonder how Carol’s relationship with Jonas is and how Lavisa is doing.

Aha. I probably haven’t played enough CR games yet. But I like any big or small changes in the developer’s Carol’s apartment.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top